Page 19 of 159 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 19

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well today was a great down day. I have not been hungry all day. I did eat a tiny bit early in the day and had some beef stock with a little butter/boullion, but I seriously think I could have gone all day. Yesterday I was thinking about going to set down days so that I'd only have Tuesdays and Thursdays at work (with one weekend day), but if they are mostly like this one, it won't matter which day I do them!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Not for me. So much weight to lose almost every DD reflects a loss. Typically there is no upswing after and UD, thank goodness. That was one thing I was concerned about.

Hungry, hungry, hungry today. I will be happy tomorrow is UD. I think I'll actually make breakfast before I blast off to work! I'm think eggs and hash browns for once. I've been so afraid of potatoes this entire time because of their past reputation to cause weight gain. But, screw that. I don't eat em' that often.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I almost always see the number go up after an up day, and down after a down day. Just usually, more down than up. I posted my four weeks of numbers in my journal, if you would like to take a look.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I find the idea of eating 500 calories on my fasting day really strange. That is a meal for me, and breaks the fast in my mind at least.

I've been thinking about going back to IF for a couple weeks to shake things up, though my boyfriend hates, frets, and worries every time I do it (as if I am going to melt away if I skip a meal or two *rolleyes*) so I haven't been IF'ing as much as I would normally.

The last time I was doing IF was more of a "eat once every 24 hours" type thing, but the caloric restriction was massive. I plugged my numbers into the JUDDD site and was told: UD: 2800, DD: 560. I've been working hard to up my caloric intake to 2000 daily (an honest to goodness struggle on non-binge-days, which is 5/6 days of my week).

This is all such exciting stuff to read. Good luck everyone!

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Think I'm joining in, I just reluctantly started a whole30 because I haven't seen progress with weightloss for well over 6 weeks. But I don't think it's going to help ( no thyroid, on meds, weight 225, age 31) so im willing to try just about anything as I'm trying to concieve this month and would like to get off another 10 lbs before I do. The reason for this is my OB no longer takes patients with a bmi over 40, so she said as long as I'm under 40 on my first prenatal visit than she can still be my doctor if not then I have to be referred elsewhere. Right now it's 38.9 so I just make it but another 10 lbs off would be nice.

So today is an up day but I've only eaten 1874 cals, and the Juuddd calc says I need to eat 2100 on an ud and 421 on a dd. should I eat more?
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Think I'm joining in, I just reluctantly started a whole30 because I haven't seen progress with weightloss for well over 6 weeks. But I don't think it's going to help ( no thyroid, on meds, weight 225, age 31) so im willing to try just about anything as I'm trying to concieve this month and would like to get off another 10 lbs before I do. The reason for this is my OB no longer takes patients with a bmi over 40, so she said as long as I'm under 40 on my first prenatal visit than she can still be my doctor if not then I have to be referred elsewhere. Right now it's 38.9 so I just make it but another 10 lbs off would be nice.

So today is an up day but I've only eaten 1874 cals, and the Juuddd calc says I need to eat 2100 on an ud and 421 on a dd. should I eat more?
    Personally, I use the calculations as a ball-park and don't try to be exact on the calories (since they can only be an estimate anyway--our metabolism are all so unique.)

I find that eating one small meal on my dd and eating to hunger on my ud is working fine.

I don't count at all on my Up Days, just eat to hunger. I DO write everything down, though, and in looking back, the amount of food I am eating does not seem much different than what I ate before. Maybe a slight tendency to have treats(ice cream) but even those have been of VERY moderate size. I'm just feeling full. I think this is a combination of watching my carbs, and the hunger suppression of SIRT1 kicking in.

I highly recommend reading Dr. Johnson's book, 'The Alternate Day Diet'. Lots of details in there about HOW this helps your body.

Well I ate the extra calories last night to get me to 2144 and of course my scale went up this morning by .6 (grrr!) so 226 this a.m. And today is my first dd. so far I'm not hungry but I've only been awake 30 mins lol. I'm really nervous as I hate being hungry! Should I try to make all my 429 calories come from protein today? I'm still doing the whole30 (blech!)in conjunction with juuddd so I was thinking my day would look like this:

Coffee with 1/4 cup coconut milk
    3 hard boiled eggs
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 cup of zucchini noodles tossed in 2 tsp olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flake.

Total calories: 423
    Carb:12
    Fat:33
    Protein: 22

I was thinking of spreading this out over the course of the day.I don't know if that's gonna work for me or if its better to have all the Calories in 1 sitting, guess I need to have a couple dd before I see what's best for me. Wish me luck I feel like I'm going to need it.

I really have been thinking I want to give up on the whole30 but I'm only 4 days in, I just find it crazy restrictive and feel like it makes food very boring. Sigh idk.
    Veronica

Good luck, Veronica. I spread my calories out on my Down Days, and after the first few, I found it to be pretty easy. The first few, however, were HARD. Just remember, it DOES get easier!

Thanks Sabine! I really hope this is the answer to my plateau!
    Veronica