Page 18 of 157 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 18

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Fits my busy life perfectly.
    Which is what it should do I enjoy the counting and the tracking and the spreadsheets and the nutrition charts --- but I hope to get to a place where that isn't a part of my day and I can just eat and be healthy. ADF is a good way to keep things in check.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I love the tracking part...I've done that for years. Having something I can do the for the rest of my life easily, is a top priority for me. Primal fits that easily...pretty basic, eat plants and animals. I can do that anywhere. EMF fit pretty easily as well, though I think that could easily get out of hand where I don't have control over what types.

I travel some when I can, and so having something I can do while traveling is a great thing for me. I wasn't sure about ADF, but I was thinking about it this morning, and really, when I travel and won't be able to track, on down days I will just go as long as possible between "meals" and then eat lightly and primally.

And, further, that actually might relieve some of the stress that I've had about travelling because I just won't have to think about eating on down days, lol. I have Celiac, so for the last 7 years when I travel I DO have to be diligent about what I eat, and it's been stressful because of not knowing what to eat in strange cities, sometimes foreign cities. But if I don't eat at all, well, that takes care of it, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Haha Tomi,

You crack me up.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Always happy to give a giggle............. but what exactly did I say that has you cracked?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Today is my second DD and it's kind of rough. I had a hellacious headache all morning but I drank a bunch of water and it seems to be going away on its own without even taking tylenol. Glad to hear they get easier. I never would have thought it'd be this tough. I've done 24 hour fasts that were a breeze. Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Always happy to give a giggle............. but what exactly did I say that has you cracked?
    Just your reaction to my inquiry regarding enjoying ADF. Your writing style is particularly expressive.

So, I had left over spaghetti meat sauce and some slices of turkey breast from Easter. I'm not hungry again, but I know I will need to eat before I go to bed. What, though? There aren't a lot of primal options in the house though, and I really don't want to make just eggs. WHAT DO I EATS?

Hmmmm Bacons?

I'm going back to my 4am shifts. It actually works perfectly because I get off at noon which is my eat time on up days. The only reason I don't like 4am shift is because I'm responsible for baking the doughnuts. They're so soft and warm and tantalizing when freshly baked.

Of course, all I must do is look on the ingredients list from the box they come frozen in. Gross.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I think you may be setting yourself up for some out of control eating on the weekends if you do 5 low-calorie days is a row, and then try to eat 'normally'. Especially considering the r** issue. Be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Tomi, I think you may be setting yourself up for some out of control eating on the weekends if you do 5 low-calorie days is a row, and then try to eat 'normally'. Especially considering the r** issue. Be careful.
    Thanks for the concern I have also thought of that. I don't have issues with over-eating as much as eating the wrong things. My wrong things come in the form of ice cream or cheesecake or cream cheese clouds. I think it must be a mouth-feel thing with me. But even then, I don't binge or even eat to the point of being uncomfortable.

The r** is certainly what I need to avoid. Y'all probably think I'm an alcoholic! I have really cut back - just not cut out.

I've done 2 low-cal days now and I'm feeling fine. Not starving. I had planned salmon and veggies for dinner last night - but due to a change in plans I ended up eating a slice of bacon and 5 scrambled eggs with a little cheese. Calories ended up around 600. Tonight we're delivering the curries that we made last night (for an all city pastor's dinner on Thursday) so we'll stop at our favorite sushi place for dinner. A nice sushi roll will be a good meal!

I feel less bloated after 2 days of low-cal. It feels good.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Paleobird Guest
    I'm doing a strange amalgamation of EMF, the warrior diet and this ADF, atm (don't we just love our acronyms?)

Not enough data yet to support causation but I have noticed that after each DD there is a small uptick in my weight as measured the next morning but after an UD, it is the opposite. Hmmm?

Anybody else notice this?