Page 16 of 159 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 16

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    What you need to do is develop a relationship with your hunger. Start by asking yourself, "On a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is 'literally starving' 5 is 'neither hungry nor full,' and 10 is 'so full I think I'm nauseated," what number am I at?

Learn to notice how hunger is not constant, but comes and goes in waves, depending on a lot of things that have little or nothing to do with when you most recently ate and how much you ate.

If you're trying to lose weight, you should avoid being full, and teach yourself to stop eating when you are no longer hungry.

Down at the bottom you will find a "famished" point where you may be too hungry, so hungry you can't control yourself once you start eating. You need to learn to avoid getting quite that hungry.
    Thanks you! Yes, I think I can safely say that famished would not be good, lol. I think your post summarizes some of the thoughts I've been having lately and one reason why I wanted to try the up day/down day thing. I've lost all confidence in my body's hunger signals and I'd like to trust it more.

I'm still hungry, but it's not bad right now, and I'm sure I'll be able to make it until 4:30 when I get home. I've eaten my 3 little one-bite potatoes with a cup of herbal tea along side and I've still got all my broth and about an ounce of chicken livers to eat while at work. I am also reminding myself that if I truly feel bad at any point, I've got a drawer full of food, lol. I can tell you that I am truly looking forward to dinner this evening, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm trying to figure out if I should eat the 500 calories or just do a total fast. Need to do some experimenting and see what works best. For now I'm going to do the 500 calories on down days. I'm giving this n=1 a month.

Today is down day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Yeah, I don't know if I could do this indefinitely in its present form, but I think I could definitely do a down day of 600-700 calories. I just checked the numbers on the JUDDD website and for 45% maintenance that would be almost 700 calories on a down day. It has my normal day calories at 1994, which I almost never get to since going primal and especially with EMF. Yesterday was my first official up day and I think I had around 1500 calories total, and I felt like I was eating all day long, lol.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    In regards to devloping a relationship with your hunger - this is so true. On non-fasting days, I usually snack morning and afternoon, because I get 'hungry'. I realised yesterday this is just making my fast days harder, as apart from fast days I never sit with hunger, but get all dramatic and rush to the cupboard. So from today I am going to try my best to not snack between meals too.

I made it through the work day! Yay, lol. I get to leave in about 6 minutes, 30 minute commute home, then dinner (or maybe put in a load of laundry first). But, I'm not counting the minutes or anything, lol. Seriously though, it really wasn't that bad, not at all. The beef stock and the little bit of liver I had really seemed to hold me over. I'm hungry, but it's definitely not something I can't deal with for another hour or so.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    How do y'all cook the liver? I bought some but I am not real excited about cooking it. Another down day today. I am shooting for no more than 550kc. I have had 1/2 cup of full fat greek yogurt, small green salad w/ EVOO, a potato and 4 slices of bacon. I know he says the first 2 week should be 500 kc only but I am really struggling w/ that. The headache is the worst part. I keep telling myself I can eat tomorrow and I want to be healthy. Be good to know if this gets easier. I feel like I am in a constant battle with myself and food.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Hang in there, Val!!!! I'm having a hard time too. Luckily my schedule works in my favor! Generally I don't eat breakfast until about 11:30 - prior to leaving for my job in the afternoons. Then when I get home from work I eat dinner. With this JUDDD thing I just skip the before work food and when I get home from work I have a small meal. Its working.

I didn't do the JUDDDD over the weekend. Because of that I am calling this a re-start today. Smoked turkey for dinner! Its not that great - we smoked it last weekend, its a bit on the dry side. Ick.

I'm terribly bloated today.............. whats that all about?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

I'm terribly bloated today.............. whats that all about?
    I assume it's just the changing of things. Your body is screaming out like a whiny bitch and trying to convince you eat, eat, eat. Now, just grab it by the ear, twist it a little and tell it to listen to YOU That's the way I see it, anyway ;-)

I've really been doing a lot of thinking about the science behind all this. When I really start to think about it, it seems like the most natural thing in the world. Our bodies wouldn't be made to last otherwise, right?

This down day was wonderful. Never once thought about eating. Stomach grumbled a little bit but that is all. My only calories were from a cumulative cup of 2% milk put in my coffee this morning and afternoon. Coffee is my stand by on down days. If I feel hungry, or, more accurately, feel the urge to eat (because my body is being a whiny little bitch) I just have a cup of coffee or two and I'm fine.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Val, you're doing great, just hang in there. I had a pat of butter at my desk and believe me I stared at that little packet of goodness for a looonggg time, lol. I finally put it out of sight, but I almost ate it.

For liver, I usually just saute it in some butter. I've tried to coat it with a little coconut flour, but I haven't had good results with it. This was just plain sauteed in butter and it tasted so darned good...an excellent side effect of a down day, lol.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Your body is screaming out like a whiny bitch and trying to convince you eat, eat, eat.
    I think you're right.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation