Page 152 of 159 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 152

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Labgirl- According to Dr. Johnson, the SIRT1s which make ADF work so well, rise to a peak after three weeks of rotations, and decrease at approx the same rate. So, going off the plan for two weeks puts you well within the limits of being able to easily 're-activate' their effects easily.

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Just checking in.....Reuben, I also struggle with binging, but since I started alternate day fasting, I have been pretty good. I have been alternate day but sometimes two up days followed by a down day, for about 3-4 weeks now, and I have dropped 7 pounds! I feel just fine, and actually seeing the weight drop has motivated me somewhat and made me less likely to binge on up days I think? Went from 185 before Christmas to 178 currently!

Went to a CE seminar on Food Cravings yesterday, fascinating! Hyper palatable food triggers the same dopamine response as drugs! It is really easy to binge in our society today.......hang in there my man! We all have to fight our own battle. They defined binge eating, dividing into mild, moderate, severe, etc. and I definitely have been a 'mild' binge eater at times, binging 1-3 times a week.....

Anyway, just wanted to report in, some things are working for me! I am staying under 2500 on up days, and keeping it between 500-700 on down days, and staying pretty primal!
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Chugging along. My goal this month was to get back into the swing of alternate days, after the holidays. I had one slip on a Down Day. If I can keep it to that for the month, I'll feel pretty good.

I am planning another longer fast, for autophagy and general health, and have settled on beginning February 18th, after Valentine's Day and a Girl Scout camping trip. Also, it will be about ten weeks since my last one. I don't want to have them too close together. I will probably re-open the fasting thread, but just thought I would mention it here, too.

Two good Down Days have banished the bloat from my wheat indulgence(an Up Day with donuts, bread, AND noodles-yikes!). I am feeling good again, although with a little bit of a runny nose still. That devil wheat!

Doing the Alternate Day Fasting has increased my willpower. I am finding it easier and easier to say 'no' or 'wait' to treats, compared to last year. Then, if something 'forbidden' popped into my head, it would be a matter of hours before I caved. Now, I can almost always wait one day, and often, no longer want it the next day. And not in a 'I'll just keep being good' sense, but I REALLY just do not want it anymore. 'What's so special about that?' I'll think.

This is amazing to me.

I only went up 1/2 pound from my Up Day yesterday- rather unusual.

These are my daily numbers from the first three weeks of the year, if anyone is interested in seeing what the normal fluctuation on ADF looks like. The bolded numbers are post-Up Days. The asterisks are when I ate wheat, prompting some bloat.

166.0 1/1/14
    163.0 1/2
    165.5 1/3
    162.0 1/4
    165.0 1/5
    163.0 1/6*
    168.0 1/7
    162.0 1/8
    162.0 1/9
    161.0 1/10
    164.0 1/11
    161.5 1/12
    166.0 1/13
    164.0 1/14*
    168.5 1/15
    168.0 1/16
    165.5 1/17
    161.0 1/18
    161.5 1/19
    159.5 1/20
    158.5 1/21

elkay7 is offline Member
    Just checking in. I am nearly caught up with my numbers. I have gotten very lazy with calorie counting and am thinking about scrapping it on UDs all together.

I am up 3 pounds from last week, I suspect from a combo of 4 UDS in a row, lady hormones that are making me crave sweets, and the amount of beer and unhealthy food I consumed this weekend between hanging out with friends and watching/celebrating the Seahawks win on Sunday. I have also been unemployed since mid-December so I am not getting the amount of physical activity I normally would (I also hate the cold). I have a job starting next month hopefully if all goes well, so that would get me in a routine again. I've just been a bit depressed lately between not having the fulfilling aspect of earning a wage and my usual winter blues is making it hard for me to want not to hibernate.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Elkay, good to hear from you. I'm sorry things have been so unsettling. I agree, having a routine, whether based around work or school, really helps.

I don't count on Up Days at all, and it has worked well for me. When I first read about the plan, I knew I could never sustain that kind of record keeping,, so I didn't even try. Down Days are easier, because I tend to eat fro the same limited range of things. Once you've had 4oz of fish three ties a day a few times, you know it is an appropriate amount. Ditto for six eggs.

Sadly, eggs aren't an option for me right now. I am dropping them (and some other stuff) for three weeks to test for food sensitivities. So, my food choices are kind of boring. But I'm plodding forward. The Down Days are helping with that. No decisions, no need to pick and choose.

I hope you come by more often. It is good to have your input and experience.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Sabine - Oh wow, 3 weeks without eggs would be upsetting for me too. I feel like I rely on those and nuts on DDs. Are you feeling okay/having an allergic reaction or just curious?
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm doing the Virgin Diet (eliminate wheat, corn, soy, sugar/artificial sweeteners, peanuts, dairy, and eggs- supposedly the seven most common things to have sensitivities to) in addition to my rotation plan (wow! - I sound like a maniac.) And, of course, I' still doing ADF.

I don't THINK I have a sensitivity to some of these things, but I figured I should run the play as it is written. I have had a rather dramatic drop in my weight for the 8 days I have been on it, so maybe there ARE some issues.

Eggs and dairy will be the first things I try reintroducing, because it is a sorrow to not have those in my life.