Page 148 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1566

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 148

5islands is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Congratulations labgirl, what an accomplishment!

I'm not an expert in this area but I do know as far as toning goes that you have to work your entire body regularly to minimize body fat. You can't just work one area and expect to see results. It's all a working progress. Keep doing what you're doing by the sounds of things and little by little that problem area will minimize

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    According the the JUDDD calculator my Upday cals are 2249 and my Downday cals should be 450.

I've found that the hard part of IF isn't the fasting, it's shoving 2000 calories down my gullet during that "eating window".
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    I have never had a problem eating plenty!

elkay7 is offline Member

Congrats

labgirl - That's wonderful that you hit your goal and are getting to buy some new clothes as a reward.

Went in for a surgery consultation today (non-fasting related skin thing) and explained my weight loss method to this new doctor. Again, the doctor didn't know anything about intermittent fasting but didn't seem to have any objections to it since my bloodwork and blood pressure are all normal. There seems to be no known evidence so far of "wrecking my metabolism" and other peer concerns I have gotten.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I was SO cold yesterday evening. i am noticing that more often on Down Days. I guess digestion really does provide some heat. And, I'm slowly losing my fat layer.

New low this morning. Fewer than 10 pounds left to my first goal.

5islands is offline Junior Member
    Way to go Sabine at at being so close to your first goal

I'm the same way on DD, freezing and having the chills all day. I drink a lot of tea that's for sure

Still in control of my eating, over 1 week in and down about 5 pounds I've never seen results or have had this much control over my eating patterns in years. It's amazing how in tune you become with your actual hunger signals. Looking forward to tackle the Holidays without the usual weight gain.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I was SO cold yesterday evening. i am noticing that more often on Down Days. I guess digestion really does provide some heat. And, I'm slowly losing my fat layer.

New low this morning. Fewer than 10 pounds left to my first goal.
    Woo hoo! You can do it Sabine!

I am always cold now. I have heard it can take some time before the body's temperature regulation catches up with weight loss too. I find myself with 4-5 layers on normally indoors or outdoors.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

labgirl is offline Junior Member
    I came here today to ask if I have to eat the 2000 calories on an up day - I am at about 1000 right now and could easily go the rest of the day without eating again.

Does it work as well if I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPenn View Post
    According the the JUDDD calculator my Upday cals are 2249 and my Downday cals should be 450.

I've found that the hard part of IF isn't the fasting, it's shoving 2000 calories down my gullet during that "eating window".

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    I think your supposed to try and eat as close to your ud calories as you can. It's why juddd works (feast/famine),if you just had all dd's you'd just be doing severe calorie restriction. which will always make you lose weight but usually at the cost of muscle mass. An easy way to get your ud calories in is to add extra fat to your meals( add butter and oil wherever you can).
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Yes, you do need to eat more on your Up Days, for the reason Veronica gave. This is in general-- if you have a day here or there where you don't make it, that's fine. But that's more for once you are established with several weeks or even months of ADFing. In the beginning, be careful to eat enough.

Isn't it great to have to be sure to eat ENOUGH!? I love it. It is like when I first started eating low-carb. In the Atkins book, he states: make sure to eat at least every six hours. I scoffed. As if I could EVER go SIX WHOLE HOURS without eating. But sooner than I thought, I had a day where, oops! It's been eight hours since breakfast and I just haven't been hungry or thought about food! How did that happen?!?