Page 145 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 145

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is neat that your husband is doing it along with you. So is mine, and it makes the Down Days a lot easier, with planning, and builds a great camaraderie. We both weigh daily, and like to ask each other, 'what was your score?' and show off for each other. It adds a little element of fun for us, which is something that has always been conspicuously absent from other diet plans!

Good luck with the headaches.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by labgirl View Post
    Do you guys have any idea if I am doing something wrong? I have had horrible headaches for the last couple of days. I know the book mentions ketosis and that is one thing that I have experienced with ketosis before but I shouldn't be experiencing that on an up day.
    Anyone else have headaches? I have not reduced my coffee intake to where I should be getting them. I may be dehydrated though
    Welcome labgirl. I had headaches when I start started ADF and did a bunch of research on it and wrote about it on my blog:

Lauren Tries Out Alternate Day Fasting: ADF Side Effect - Headache

It isn't necessarily dehydration and headaches are a symptom of hunger, but do make sure you get enough fluids. Once your body adapts to the schedule and your hunger hormones cool off they will likely get better. I rarely get them now (only if I have been bad and skip a few DDs).
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

elkay7 is offline Member
    Fast day today. I was relieved to see that after our office pre-Halloween potluck (full of lots of non-primal foods, although at least I brought Paleo meatballs) that I haven't gained any weight back.

I wanted to let you guys know about a snack sampling service called graze that I just joined. It started out in the UK and had heard about it from UK fasters and they just started up in the US. I have a coupon for the 1st and 5th box free (you can cancel after your first free box if you don't like it):
    https://www.graze.com/us/p/NRR7Z6XRU There are limited uses for the coupon, so it's first come, first serve. The boxes can be sent every 2 or 4 weeks depending on what you want. They are normally $6 a box (shipping included).

The sampling service is nice because: 1) you can easily sort and "trash" the snacks containing wheat (and dairy too if you are lactose intolerant like me) so you don't receive those snacks and only get primal ones, 2) they are neatly portioned in four little 1.5 oz size packages with all of the nutrition and calorie information in a card that comes custom with your box (a lot of them are already in myfitnesspal) and 3) you can rate the snacks so you get the ones you like the most more frequently and eliminate ones you don't fancy and 4) they have a low-calorie box option where you are sent lower calorie items if you want, the regular ones aren't very high calorie either though. I am really happy with my first box. I got some honey chili almonds, a vanilla seed mix, some dried fruits, and a little dipping one.

I recommend checking graze out. It makes the fast day a little more fun with a different variety of snacks. Plus these chili honey almonds are tasty!

labgirl is offline Junior Member
    Just wanted to share a huge victory- as of today I am no longer obese according to my BMI. I am now in the overweight category. It has ben at least 14 years since I have been in the overweight category. I was looking at my pictures from back then and comparing them to now - I seriously looked like someone had put a bicycle pump in my skin and went to town.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Congrats labgirl! What a great milestone. I know how amazing that feels. I also lost the feet pains when I started losing the weight.

Yay for being overweight! For those who are just a little over, that may sound funny, but it is wonderful to not be obese any more.

Still just chugging along. Did a water only Down Day yesterday, to mix things up.

Looking ahead, my Honey and I have come up with our Thanksgiving holiday strategy. We have our Holiday Open House the day after Thanksgiving, and serve PIE. Lots of PIE. I think there will be 18 different kinds this year.

We have decided to water-fast the day before Thanksgiving, then eat as much as we want, of whatever we want, for the next two day. Then Saturday will be another water-fast day, and Sunday will be a 'normal' Up Day. With plenty of delicious leftovers waiting for us.

This switches our rotations, which for some reason concerns Honey, but is otherwise perfect.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Another pound down. I am now 2 lbs away from being in the normal BMI range. Some serious motivation to keep on truckin' despite the delicious smell of sandwiches in my office today.

I have started adding a salad-in-a-jar to my down day and it makes such a huge difference in the ability to not think about ice cream after 8pm on down days
    Yesterday it was quinoa, feta, tomatoes and salad mix dressed with lemon and garlic.

I am still losing and it is AMAZING to me that I can basically eat what I want on up days as long as I don't go too crazy. And I am still struggling to actually eat a whole lot of calories on up days.
    I am going to be spending Thanksgiving with my MIL and I am not sure how well I will be able to follow the plan - but I know that I can always go back to it the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    Another pound down. I am now 2 lbs away from being in the normal BMI range.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is amazing work! I will be looking for the 2 lb update