Page 144 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 144

joyfulsong21 is offline Junior Member
    I suppose I'm still getting my routine down, but yes, that's my plan: to use Saturday & Sunday as two up days. Because like I said, being home generally means I'm eating more. I often make myself a huge brunch both days, and then have a big dinner, and probably dessert after dinner. When I'm at work and not eating much, I don't feel the "lack" of food nearly as much as when I'm at home. But I love to cook, and when the kitchen is right there......

joyfulsong21 is offline Junior Member
    Oh yeah, and that's what I guess I'm concerned about: weight loss stalling out because of not eating enough. I work out, so having one day of ~ 500 cal, the next day ~ 1400 cal, next back at ~500, etc. does NOT average out to the number of calories I should be eating. But like I said, if I'm not hungry, I have no desire to force feed myself! I've been thinking about adding in some protein shakes partially for this reason. I would hate to lose muscle along with fat!

elkay7 is offline Member
    I hit the 30 loss milestone today and am feeling pretty awesome. This means I am also below the 150s (I started at 179 when I first started ADF and my high weight was 183)! I am feeling pretty proud of myself. I am doing my best not to reward myself for my accomplishment with any naughty treats.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Lauren, that's wonderful! Congratulations. You've done it really quickly, too.

I am doing a 4-day rotation diet, to try and sort out some possible food sensitivities, so my Down Days are varying. First one with just water and kombucha, then the next one fruit/veg/fish, then back to kombucha. Should make for an interesting downswing pattern.

labgirl is offline Junior Member
    Hi - I am Kelly and I am new here so I hope you don't mind me posting.
    I have been doing JUDDD for 2 weeks now. I have gone from 197 to 188.4 in the last 2 weeks.
    The first 2 weeks for dd were hard - I honestly felt like I was starving. I probably ate too much on up days.
    Now that 2 weeks have gone I see some really exciting things happening:
    I am not hungry on down days and I am usually not hungry on up days. I struggle to eat sometimes
    I am still on shakes on my down days and I plan to stay that way because I enjoy them and they are convenient for my schedule.
    I only do down days on Mon, Wed and Friday because of my schedule.
    I am dealing with stress amazingly well - like things aren't phasing me at all.
    I have tons of energy - I am waking up at least an hour earlier and going to bed later too
    So far I am very pleased with the way this is going

Hi Labgirl. Glad to see you here, and to hear that you are doing so well on ADF your first two weeks. I'm still happy with ADF after almost 8 months--I hope you will find the same thing.

Do you guys have any idea if I am doing something wrong? I have had horrible headaches for the last couple of days. I know the book mentions ketosis and that is one thing that I have experienced with ketosis before but I shouldn't be experiencing that on an up day.
    Anyone else have headaches? I have not reduced my coffee intake to where I should be getting them. I may be dehydrated though

Dehydration would do it.
    Are you controlling your carbs? If you switch from high-carb on Up Days to low-carb on Down Days (or vice versa) you might be having a sugar reaction.
    And, of course...allergies, stress, something else entirely. It may be related to ADF, it may not.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am having 500-600 calories of various protein and meal replacement shakes - I have 6 different ones to keep things varied and mixed up so I don't get bored. I don't think I and keeping the sugar low but I do know that at least 3 of them have splenda in them instead of sugar and 2 are green, vegan meal replacements.
    I am going to start keeping better track of what I am eating and see if I can find a correlation.
    I have now lost 9.5 lbs so I can add some treats in if I need to.

The seasons are changing - it may very well be allergies as well.

Oh... and My husband is doing this with me and has lost 7 pounds. It is really working. My feet don't hurt when I work and I walk between 4 and 6 miles a day.