Page 141 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1573

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 141

elkay7 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I'm back! And I gained 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks while honeymooning and vacationing. Obvious I had a good time. I think I ate 0% primal too, so I feel pretty bloated. Going grocery shopping tonight or tomorrow and hoping Sunday will be my first DD in a long time.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

diene is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the wedding!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Reading the past few pages and this looks just awful. People gaining and losing lots of weight on a regular basis, binges and "returning", like a crash diet. This doesn't look sustainable for a lot of people. Is anybody just happily plugging along on this without vanishing for weeks and binging on junk?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm happily plugging along.

I went back and read the past five pages to see if I could see what Knifegill saw. I think since the thread has slowed down so much, the posts are skewed. There are a few people who are happily doing ADF, but having enough success with it, that there's not really much to chat about.

I only check into the thread every week or if I see something has been posted. Then there are a few newcomers, with the typical succes or failure. But their posts are taking up a larger proprtion of the space, since it gets a little boring to keep typing, "I didn't eat much today; feeling good,' alternated with, "I ate three full meals of meat and veg; feeling good.'

I have had some not-good eating, but I am still feeling good, particularily since the ADF is helping me get back to regular eating after an indulgence, instead of a bag of m&ms leading to three weeks of poor eating choices. This is a big change for me. I LIKE IT!

I would have loved it if switching to primal eating had solved my food issues, but since it didn't(even though I feel good when I am sticking to primal) I am glad to have found a tool that DOES help me get back to it as quickly as possible.

I don't think that ADF is a cure-all for everyone, but I think it is worth trying to see if it works for you.

Sipping peppermint tea and some homemade peach-ginger kombucha today on my Down Day. Another liquid Down Day for me, although i am considering having a protein shake before I go to the gym(yes, you read that right, THE GYM!) and maybe a Green smoothie afterwards. If I feel like it. Usually by the time I get home from the gym, I feel like it is too late to eat, even if it is just drinking. Well, we'll see.

I finally have my home internet back, after almost three weeks of no service, and I am spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on the internet. But, I'm loving it. I should be back to normal by next week. That's what I'm telling myself, in any case.

elkay7 is offline Member
    First DD since before my wedding. It was a long day. And now I eat cheese and some pickled vegetables. It is hard getting back in the game after a long break.

You'll be back in the habit in no time!

Liquid observations:

My last couple of Down Days have been all-liquid: tea, water, kombucha, and protein-shake. Yesterday was an Up Day, and I was at an all-day outdoor event, combined with not drinking enough water( although eating lots of good food).

Today I am PARCHED, and my ring is tight on my finger. I think my body is holding onto every bit of water it can. I feel like I might have to double down on liquids today, just to feel normal.

Not really much to do with ADF, I guess, but I thought it was interesting that even with a lot of previous hydration going on( I usually drink quite a bit even on my up Days) it only took one sub-par day, in a liquid sense, for my body to hang on to all the water it could.

SNAP Challenge

I copied this from my journal, as I think parts of it are interesting from an ADF viewpoint.

I did my planning and shopping for my week of eating on $4.50/day. That's $31.50 for the week, and the first thing I did was subtract $1.50 for the cost of three bottles of my homemade kombucha.

The SNAP guidelines say no using anything you already have, but that's impractical. Most people having to go on food stamps will still have SOME leftovers and pantry items.

So, I made these modifications:
    I can use salt, pepper, and sweetener(for flavor, not large amounts as would be needed if I am baking something).
    I can use one spice per dish. I can get most spices for $1.00 a packet, so I can even see replacing these at one or two per week as needed. But food stamps wouldn't allow me to have all the spices I wanted, so my compromise will be one per dish.
    I can use ONE leftover dish from my fridge for this week. I chose my cauli-rice dish. I haven't even gotten to taste it yet, so that was easy!
    I can use the homemade broth in the freezer. Just because you are on food stamps, doesn't mean you can't do investment cooking. I will be tossing the bones from the meats I eat in the freezer as usual, so I will be making new broth from leftovers.
    Likewise, I can use my kombucha, but I will 'charge' myself the amount it costs to make, which is $.50 per bottle.

This is what I bought:

8.49 ground beef
    2.50 tea
    2.44 pork
    1.95 chicken thighs
    1.52 head of cabbage
    1.00 large can of tomatoes
    1.00 2 pounds of carrots
    0.27 yellow onion
    2.89 12 eggs
    0.85 frozen spinach
    1.84 cream cheese
    0.75 3 lemons
    0.79 can of salsa verde
    1.00 jar of mayo
    1.00 3 zucchini
    1.50 3 bottles of kombucha

29.79 expended = $1.71 'left over' for another purchase, or to go towards a theoretical second week, perhaps to buy those replacement spices, or some sour cream, which I was sad not to be able to afford.

I made a soup from one pound of ground beef, the onion, half the cabbage, four carrots, and the can of tomatoes. And some coleslaw from 1/4 of the cabbage.

My basic meal plan for Down Days is to continue my plan of water, tea, and kombucha, with some soup instead of a protein shake or green smoothie if I want more.

On Up Days I will be having a breakfast of ground beef patty topped with one or two eggs. There will be two dinners of chicken, and two of pork. Vegetables will be one or more of these: carrots, coleslaw, creamed spinach, zucchini. I will be doing any frying in the leftover hamburger grease. Lunches will be soup, creamed spinach with poached eggs, and/or leftovers.

I don't think I will be hungry, but I can see how it could get tedious. And if I was not doing ADF, the amounts, spread over 7 days, instead of four, would be small. I DO think I might get hungry then

elkay7 is offline Member
    It's very cool that you are doing this, Sabine! I find it incredibly challenging to eat well on so little money. And to think many politicians want to defund the food stamp program.
    Last edited by elkay7; 09-25-2013 at 02:27 PM.