Page 140 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1566

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 140

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been doing ADF since August 12, and lost 10lbs. I went from 146lb to 136lb. I also lost 11/2 inches off my waist.

I had been stuck at 140 for months, and after relaxing my standards during vacation (daily ice cream !), I got up to 143. Then I had my accident, and went up to 146. The chiropractor and the folks on this board said not to exercise until my back/neck are fully healed.

So here I was, gaining weight while back on Primal, and unable to lift. What did i have to lose from trying ADF? On my down days, I have two meals, usually soup with my homemade bone broth and stir fry. I've had occasional desserts made with gelatin, like sweet and sour gummies, and another one with pumpkin and stevia. I didn't like either of them. Either a handful of in season cherries or a small peach are low in calories and actually taste good.

I haven't replaced my car, so I'm getting a lot of walking in. There are grocery stores near my job, home and the chiropractor's office, so fortunately, I can pick up groceries at each place without having to haul around heavy bags and aggravate my back.

Bugs is offline Member
    Hi all! I'm just starting ADF today, with today being my first dd. I have gained quite a bit of weight since last year after suffering an infection of my spine. Between cycling through med after med, and inactivity, the weight piled on pretty quick. I was able to lose 16 lbs by starting to eat primal, but have stalled out over the last month. I really want to lose the rest of this weight!
    Anyhow, today was tough for me. I had tons to drink, and did eat approx 500cal, but still have a wicked headache. Does anyone else get headaches on dd? Anything I can do to prevent it? Hunger was ok, just this headache! Thanks everyone!

jodi29 is offline Member
    I did get headaches when I first started fasting but they eventually stopped after my body got used to it. What helps is having a couple pieces of fruit - just enough to satisfy you though.

Bugs is offline Member
    Thanks! I'm going to go grab a banana now.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget about staying hydrated!

Bugs is offline Member
    Thanks Sabine! I did drink a lot yesterday, but also peed A LOT! So tomorrow I will def aim to drink more. Today is UD and having a hard time eating. Not much appetite today.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Does anyone else get headaches on dd? Anything I can do to prevent it? Hunger was ok, just this headache! Thanks everyone!
    I got headaches despite being hydrated. Headaches are a side effect of hunger and your body will adapt to them in a week or two. There is some research on it I found (for example from the Mayo Clinic) on my blog.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hey! Welcome back, Newlywed!

Roderickss is offline Junior Member
    I suppose I could do this with you if I started it on my first work day. But during the work week I only eat one huge meal before work, and sometimes a little bit before sleeping 12 hours later.I am on MyFitnessPal if anyone is interested in the details of what I eat, just ask to friend me and in the message let me know you are from this thread.

My last two Down Days have been water only, a bit of a switch up for me. I don't think I have done that twice in a row since I started back in March. Maybe I should go for a three-peat, just for fun.