Page 14 of 154 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 14

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    They are a store sponsored site, and are VERY strict about mentioning any other commercial ventures.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Chandra- I don't know about 'jumpstarting' weight loss with ADF. It specifically states in Dr. Johnson's book, that it is NOT a quick weight loss method (estimate 6 pounds per month) but rather a long-term sustainable one.

For my personal experience, I did lose a good chunk right away, and it looks like after three weeks, I am settling down to a gradual loss.

I weigh myself every day, and DO have the ups and downs, but I also chart a couple of different ways, one of them being all up days linked alongside all down days linked. Instead of a crazy zigzag, it shows two gradual downward slopes, which is heartening.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Sooooo do up days consist of wine, cake, and french fries?? Cause mine did, lol! I definitely need this DD today!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    LOL, mine apparently is full of liver, chicken liver. Can't seem to get enough today.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to need like... 5 down days after today. Bottles of wine with the fam. Berry Cobbler. Some dark choc. Ok, now that I think about it, it's not so bad. I noshed on spaghetti and brown rice noodles and soon Turkey. I may need my comfy, I-ate-too-much-now-my-stomach-is-extended elastic waist band pants Not caring, because it's Easter!

More wine? Yes please. Hey, ya just gotta enjoy things sometimes.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I tried to start yesterday. I have been eating way too many carbs so I know my hunger trigger is off. I wasn't that hungry up until about 7 and then it was horrible. I got very very irritable and had to stop and eat immediately. I ended up eating about a 1000 calories. Then had Easter lunch today which was probably another 1000 calories. And I am hungry. Again way too many carbs. I have fixed a small green salad w/ 1/2 TBS of EVOO and 1/2 a cup of full fat greek yogurt seasoned with cinnamon for lunch tomorrow. I figure that at about 250kc. So I am thinking scrambled eggs with cheese and a salad for supper. Any suggestions to prevent horrible hunger are very welcome.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    That's weird! I'm a member there, but haven't posted in a long time. I see people post links all the time. Do they ban links to Atkin's site, because he does all the things they are saying MDA does, doesn't he. As a matter of fact, don't most diet websites...
    Yes I would say most of the plans on there, are from sites with something to sell. Even the topic where Otzi posted is based on a Dr. selling a book w/supplements.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I tried to start yesterday. I have been eating way too many carbs so I know my hunger trigger is off. I wasn't that hungry up until about 7 and then it was horrible. I got very very irritable and had to stop and eat immediately. I ended up eating about a 1000 calories. Then had Easter lunch today which was probably another 1000 calories. And I am hungry. Again way too many carbs. I have fixed a small green salad w/ 1/2 TBS of EVOO and 1/2 a cup of full fat greek yogurt seasoned with cinnamon for lunch tomorrow. I figure that at about 250kc. So I am thinking scrambled eggs with cheese and a salad for supper. Any suggestions to prevent horrible hunger are very welcome.

Drink plenty of fluid and keep busy. And remember, hunger doesn't build to the point of 'horrible hunger'. It comes in waves, that don't get any worse, and then leaves again.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I was out in the sun yesterday and probably did not drink as much as I normally do. Thanks for the reminder! I am not sure about the horrible hunger Though I agree, keeping busy is a key to that.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Drink plenty of fluid and keep busy. And remember, hunger doesn't build to the point of 'horrible hunger'. It comes in waves, that don't get any worse, and then leaves again.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I was out in the sun yesterday and probably did not drink as much as I normally do. Thanks for the reminder! I am not sure about the horrible hunger Though I agree, keeping busy is a key to that.
    The hunger is unpleasant, but it passes. Perhaps try not too many carbs on fast days, as they will just leave you feeling hungry. I stick to veggies and protein fast days Although I am not an expert - I've only done two!