Page 138 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 138

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

Demuralist- I DID write a post for Lauren. It will be fun to see it in action if she uses it.
    Awesome😃let us know if she uses it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

elkay7 is offline Member
    I'll be using your post, Sabine! Just slow to edit with all the wedding tasks to knock off my list in the next couple of weeks.

I am still steadily losing weight. I'm now at 26 lbs lost (179>153) since 4/5/13. I still fit in the wedding dress, but might have to do 6:1 or 5:2 to maintain for a couple of weeks. I no longer need any shapewear for the dress and I'm worried it'll be too loose at this rate. Got my carbs down a bit too and eating more primal, which is good.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What a great place to be in, Elkay, that you just need to maintain to have your dress fit, instead of frantically trying for 'those few last pounds'!

I've had a couple of really big Up Days lately, eating quite a bit. Even gorging on occasion(Can you say fresh picked blueberries?!). And the weight is still coming off, dropping even more after these big days. I like it.

Made my first batch of home-grown kombucha, which I will be sampling today.

And I am starting to think about getting the next-size-down pants.

All happy things, here on the ADF front.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Sabine - The phytochemicals in blueberries (anthocyanins) are shown to help prevent fat storage and increase leptin (which suppresses hunger). So gorge on those blueberries!

diene is offline Senior Member
    So I've been off the ADF wagon for two weeks. I did it for 2 months straight pretty strictly, and it was actually pretty easy. But I didn't lose much weight. I thought I'd take a week off, but now I'm having trouble getting back on.

Ahhhh!!!! I wish this worked for me.

I'm getting back on tomorrow though. Tomorrow will be a down day (I hope).

Another good reason to eat blueberries!

Diene- Sorry there wasn't much weight loss for you. You might consider looking at the Lowcarbfriends forum. They have a lot of good advice on their JUDDD thread.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys, it's good too see this thread still alive even thought its slowed down a little. Congrats on your weightloss Sabine and elkay!

13 weeks pregnant now and still holding steady at 203.4-204.8 lbs so that means I made it to my 2nd trimester without gaining any weight! Feels like a miracle to be honest I don't know how i haven't gained weight. I haven't slid off the wagon per say but there a lot more rice and potatoes on the menu and occasional corn tortillas. I'm struggling with food aversion but what's worse is the bloating and constipation. I've been so tired and unmotivated this whole pregnancy I haven't exercised in over a month! So again I'd say it's a miracle I haven't gained but I'm not complaining. I hope to only gain 20 lbs for the duration of my pregnancy but i think I need to start exercising again and really getting myself back to 100% primal.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Glad to hear things are well with you, Vlo. Hopefully you will be hitting the 'feel good' part of your pregnancy soon!

elkay7 is offline Member
    I have been in maintenance mode for about a week (doing 5:2 instead of ADF). Gained back two pounds, so I am at a 25 lb loss total and have been holding steady at that for the last few days.

My DD yesterday failed. It ended up being a medium day since it turns out writing one's wedding vows on an empty stomach is too taxing a feat. I have found it hard to transition back to a normal 1,800 calorie day when my body thinks it is time to fast. I just don't get that hungry, and when I do, I know the feeling will pass. I will end up eating 1,000 to 1,200 calories on what should be a fast day in my mind, and then I end up having to shove down some more food after dinner to try to get up to 1,600 to 1,800 calories.

Ate my one meal for today's DD. Some soup, a salad, plain Greek yogurt with a little raw honey, and some nuts. So far so good! Also at 9 days coffee-free. I am starting to be less crabby in the morning.

zoeamy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My doctor just suggested the 5:2 diet to me, so. I guess I am going to give it a whirl.

My biggest concern is that a) I am a post grad and being hungry and studying is not great. and b) I do crossfit and pilates pretty much 6 days.

Questions

Do you still exercise on the 2 days?

Does anyone go nuts and eat everything on sight for the 5 days? I imagine thats how I will feel.

How did you ease yourself into it?

Thanks all!
    Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
    Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.