Page 135 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 135

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear it, Vlo. Hopefully the nausea will be a thing of the past soon. Since you are pregnant, you'll be hearing everyone's pregnancy stories. here's a funny one. With my first child, I gained 16 pounds (was overweight to begin with, so it's not as low as it sounds) and with the delivery, I lost 17!

elkay7 is offline Member
    Congrats, Sabine on the milestone.

Also glad to hear things are going well with the pregnancy (minus the nausea), Veronica.

I was on antibiotics for 10 days to treat a hot tub rash, gross. It made my weight go crazy! I was bouncing up and down about 4 lbs. I did some research on the effects of antibiotics and weight for my blog. It turns out not only is there research showing antibiotics can cause weight gain (since you kill off beneficial gut bacteria, leading to increased fat storage from carbs), but children treated with antibiotics at an early age are much more likely to be overweight. Powerful stuff, those antibiotics.

Yesterday was my last day on them and my weight is back to where I was prior to taking the prescription. My fiance and I are putting more effort into having a primal diet. No more bread for sandwiches, no more flour tortillas, no more buying granola or cereal, no more flour-thickened soups, we threw out all of the leftover snack mixes in the house from recent parties, and aren't buying more beer (so sad). For our DD lunch today we had hearty salads with a little bacon, goat cheese, beets, and hard-boiled egg.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Mmm, that salad sounds good. Last week I had an excellent salad at La Madeline, which had roasted pears in it. Also blue cheese, pecans, bacon, and tomato. A really good combination. I'm going to try to duplicate it at home in the fall when we have those great pears available.

diene is offline Senior Member
    So I've been doing ADF for just over two months (started on May 13th). And I have to say that I love how easy it is. BUT I really haven't lost that much weight. 5 pounds. That's it. And I lost 4 of those 5 almost right away. So it's basically just one pound over the past six weeks, I guess.

I'm so sick of how nothing works for me! I'm going to keep at it with the ADF though because I like it so much, and at least it makes it easy for me to maintain. So I'm just going to keep at it until I figure out what the hell is wrong with me.

Edited to add: I also hardly ever cheat. I had two UDs in a row this past weekend, and that was the first time I've done that since I started. I've had two intermediate days because I needed to switch rotations. That's it. And still, I've hardly lost anything!

EggGirl is offline Member
    I have no opinion on whether this is good or bad....I feel everyone has to find their own way.... however I tried alternate day fasting for a month and my body seemed to hate it.... I ended up extremely hungry... over ate on my eating days and felt weak and lethargic on my non-eating days. Maybe I should have tried it longer? I read a lot about it and really wanted it to work for me.

Hmmm, after a month, you should have adapted to the DDs and not felt weak or lethargic. Make sure you consume enough salt on those DDs. I make this drink out of hot water, salt, apple cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes. The red pepper flakes are completely optional--I just really like spicy food. Some people use lemon or lime juice instead of ACV.

I overeat on my UDs too, but I overeat all the time. When not doing ADF, I simply overeat every day. Haha! That's kinda my problem!

Diene- I'm sorry it does not seem to be working for you. Hopefully you are at least getting some of the health benefits from the SIRT1.

EggGirl- were you still fairly high-carb? Seems like plenty of people at the lowcarbfriends JUDDD forum don't watch their carbs, but any time I have gotten too carby on my Up Days, the next Down Days are MUCH HARDER.

I've gotten to where I really enjoy the NOT EATING on my Down Days as much as the EATING on my Up Days.

elkay7 is offline Member
    3 lbs came off in 2 days after I stopped taking Cipro. What a relief! I knew I wasn't crazy. Apparently that antibiotic can cause "unusual weight gain." How knows what I would have gained if I hadn't done any fasting during that.

This means I am finally losing weight again post-bachelorette party! I am also working harder at eliminating grains in my diet. Today is a DD. I ate a salad, a yogurt, a bit of cheese, and a mix of seeds, nuts, and some dried fruit. I just have to try not to go too bonkers tomorrow during our company's happy hour.

My fiance's sinus started acting up yesterday and he got very lethargic after he got into some snack mix with a bunch of dried bread and pretzel bits that was sitting next to the garbage to be thrown out. We are unsure if it is the wheat or allergy meds wearing off. I think I might be marrying a man who is half-raccoon. :P
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

AmyP is offline Member
    Hello all..I'm still here and puttering along. Struggling a lot, though... went on a week long camping trip and didn't have any DDs. I need to try to keep to my schedule no matter what. Before camping I was fighting with overeating on my UD. Haven't completed a full DD in a couple weeks now. Giving her a go again today. I really struggle to lose weight, it can be so frustrating.

Elkay- I get very fatigued after eating wheat. Took years to pinpoint that it was actually wheat that caused it. Seems to be getting better..

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    My fiance's sinus started acting up yesterday and he got very lethargic after he got into some snack mix with a bunch of dried bread and pretzel bits that was sitting next to the garbage to be thrown out. We are unsure if it is the wheat or allergy meds wearing off. I think I might be marrying a man who is half-raccoon. :P
    Haha, elkay--I was thinking that too when I read that he "got into" the snack mix next to the garbage!

Thanks, Sabine! I'm not sure if I'm getting any SIRT1 benefits, but I like this WOE a lot and am going to stick to it until I come up with a better idea.