Page 134 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 134

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I made it through Independence Day as planned. I'm very pleased.

I don't think the calorie amount applies to 5:2, if you're going only by calorie reduction. Do you have a baseline amount for what you used to eat on a 'regular' day?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Here is the link to the 5:2 info.

The Fast Diet the secret of 5:2 intermittent fasting: lose weight, stay healthy, live longer

Generally He says for women UD 2000 cals, DD 500 cals. Men 2200/600.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    @sugarfreelife, here is a 5:2 forum http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/index.ph...dcefe5c12b7f09 for that diet. Very nice people. Anyway if you register you can put in your info and it will give you your UD calories. It also has a very nice weight tracker that will recalculate your calories as you lose weight and let you know your rate of loss and hour BMI.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Thank you very much, demuralist! I'm going to check it.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

I like that forum a lot as it was extremely helpful in the beginning. For me though once I got the gist of the program only the tracker is really helpful. The same threads get started over and over (here too but here I have a support group I follow and there I got with the program too quickly to form a clicque.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Checking in

I'm still chugging along, doing the ADF. And it is still going well for me. Hope everyone else is having just as good results. I made my first goal this last week: getting down to 178, which is my halfway mark. I celebrated with buying new clothes that FIT and tossing all my baggy things into the rag bin.

I did those 24 pounds in just over four months. There were several 'breaks' in that time, where I skipped a Down Day, and had three Up Days in a row. I prefer that to switching my rotations. And they did slow me down, but it was easy to get back with the plan after it, and I didn't feel deprived. Both important elements for me to be able to do this long term.

My next goal is getting to 166, the 3/4 mark. I plan to maintain there for at least six weeks, as a practice run at maintenance. Then continue down towards 154. Depending on how maintenance works, I might try to maintain again at 160.

I have never maintained before. First, I have never gotten down to my goal weight, with any diet I have tried. Second, even when I lost weight, by the time I got to where I 'quit' the diet, I was so ready to 'bust out' that the thought of holding steady never occurred to me (except as a kind of fantasy). I almost instantly went back to gaining.

So...I am thinking about maintaining. I wouldn't say concerned, because this ADF makes me believe I can actually DO IT. But thinking about it, because I wonder what balance of fasting days will give me the results I want.

How is everyone else doing? We haven't had much action on this thread, but I'm choosing to believe that it is because we are all doing well!
    Last edited by Sabine; 07-13-2013 at 07:05 AM.

That's great, SugarfreeLife! I'm glad you broke through your plateau. Those are hard to take, even when we know it is just a phase we have to go through.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well I'm still pregnant so that's how I'm doing lol! It surprising have been holding steady weight wise anywhere from 204.8- 208.8 so I fluctuate 4 lbs. today I'm 205.8, guess it depends how bloated I am on any given day. Nausea has been a bitch, as well as constipation blah! I'm 10 weeks, only 3 more weeks till I'm in my 2nd trimester.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats vio, with my first I gained so much water weight that I lost 40 by my first doc visit after the birth. Holding steady at this point is a good sign
    Chris
    Unknown