Page 133 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1577

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 133

elkay7 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Lost another pound! 22 lbs down in 12 weeks. I only ended up doing a 5:2 this week. So that one pound was a surprise.

Today is my last fast day until Monday since my bachelorette weekend starts tomorrow. The girls also bought mostly non-primal food for our trip. I think I am one of two people bringing a bunch of veggies that aren't corn. I am hoping my GI tract can handle this weekend.

I noticed my shoe size has decreased a half-size. Have any of you had this happen to you from weight loss?
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    Lost another pound! 22 lbs down in 12 weeks. I only ended up doing a 5:2 this week. So that one pound was a surprise.

Today is my last fast day until Monday since my bachelorette weekend starts tomorrow. The girls also bought mostly non-primal food for our trip. I think I am one of two people bringing a bunch of veggies that aren't corn. I am hoping my GI tract can handle this weekend.

I noticed my shoe size has decreased a half-size. Have any of you had this happen to you from weight loss?
    Yes, I have lost 55 lbs doing other methods. I lost 1/2 to 1 size....its rather nice.

I haven't been following the ADF, I kinda fell off the wagon, been eating some non primal stuff. I have noticed that when I am home all day. I tend to snack/eat junk. When I work, I tend to be more disciplined. Wonder what it triggers. But today was a good day 90% primal. I like days like this.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I sure hope my feet don't get smaller! If there's a size more awkward than 10, it would have to be 9 1/2!

I'm getting back into the swing of things after a long weekend away. Trying to make my Independence Day Goal of 179, but it is looking iffy.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Gained 2 lbs during my hen weekend and am feeling very bloated from wheat products, dairy, and booze. Ughhhh. I apparently ate about a half loaf of Hawaiian sweet bread on one of the nights.

Going meat-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, and processed food-free until my organs are no longer in a distressed state.

I had the most fun ever, but my return to reality has been rather harsh.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Checking in. How's everyone doing? Tomorrow is 4th of July, and today is a DD for me. I'm tempted to cheat and celebrate the holidays with some cocktails tonight though. Probably shouldn't. Should just wait till tomorrow and start drinking immediately after crossfit. Hah! My weightloss has been SUPER slow. I hit a plateau for weeks and finally broke it and saw a 1-pound loss yesterday. I'm sure it will be some time before I stabilize around that 1-pound loss though. Ugh!

Edited to add: Elkay--a 2-lb gain over a fun weekend isn't bad at all!!

elkay7 is offline Member
    It's my DD too Diene. And I am totally celebrating a couple hours earlier with some friends tonight. Congrats on the lb! Maybe I'll keep today's DD lower than normal (more in the 400 calorie range than trying to eat exactly 500) so I mentally feel like I earned the extra hours.

One of the 2 lbs I gained dropped off yesterday. It was probably just water weight from all of the carbs I ate. That other pound was totally earned though. Did an all-liquid vegetarian DD on Monday, and I survived. I am not sure how people liquid fast for more than a day, because I was crazy hungry by breakfast time. Might have also been wheat cravings post-bachelorette party.

Independence Day will be a Down Day for me. I'm going to not eat until dinner, and then have a moderate meal of chicken and berries with cream. I'm not much of a drinker, so that part is easy!

I am almost to my first goal, 179 (the lowest I have gotten in recent memory). And my halfway point, 178, comes next, so this is an exciting time.

Lately I have been knocking my Honey over with some EXTREME ketosis breath. I have been doing the extra brushing/rinsing/ scraping/mints thing, and am slowly inching my carbs up. I like being in ketosis, but I don't want to have to worry about putting others off. The funny thing is, I am not being particularly lower-carb than normal. I wonder if the ADF intensifies our bodies' ability to get into ketosis.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, I think the above is true. I find myself having ketosis symptoms on my DDs even though I eat 75 grams of carb on my UDs. Weird. Best of both worlds maybe?

Today is a DD for me as well. I plan to eat one plate of meat, salad and fruit at the picnic. I will drink water.

Good luck, Pebbles. I know this will be a challenge for me- a holiday gathering, yummy food- but I will be thinking of you doing the same thing to help keep me strong. And keep repeating my mantra, 'I can eat it tomorrow'!

I have used a variation of that strategy lately when people are pushing food on me, too, even food I don't really want. 'Oh, it looks so good, but I just ate. Can I take a piece home to enjoy later?' They're happy, I'm happy, and the kids(who usually get it) are happy.