Page 132 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1540

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 132

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I forgot all about puffed rice cereal!!! Thanks diene!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    21 pounds is very impressive! Most beers are made of barley, not wheat. Wheat beers are made of wheat, of course.
    All regular beer has gluten in it. Barley is a gluten grain, too.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I have discovered that fasting during TTOM is incredibly difficult. I have hit the 20 hr IF mark by gritting my teeth. 20 -24 hrs between meals is my general goal for fast days. Now for some almonds.

bhanes is offline Member
    Yay! That is the one I just received can't wait to try it out!!

Shari Bambino is offline Junior Member
    I'm on my 4th DD in a row thanks to the veggie stew I cooked up and ate Monday night. Two hours later all hell broke loose and hasn't let up yet. I am going on a chocolate tour of San Francisco on Saturday so hopefully that will be my first UD for the week. That's the plan anyway. Overly optimistic to be sure but I'm going on that tour. I'm pretty sure I lost some weight this week but unfortunately I am pretty sure my poor muscles took a big hit this week too.

AmyP is offline Member
    So I have a question..or maybe a vent..

I have been doing okay on my fast days, they seems to take some mental pressure off just because I am not eating. The past few up days have been real close to binge..still primal, but binge. Once I start eating it seems that I have real difficulty stopping. I will eat until I feel bloated and cannot eat more, then I usually eat a few more bites. So I guess I am wondering if any of you have experienced this and what did you do about it?

diene is offline Senior Member
    I often overeat on up days. I find that tracking calories helps a little, if only because it gives me notice of how much I've already eaten (as opposed to just mindlessly eating and eating). I do allow myself one up day a week during which I get to eat as much as I want, and I will stuff myself till my stomach hurts.

See, I'm a glutton by nature and love to eat. I love JUDDD because I don't feel as bad eating lots on up days. I feel like this is how humans evolved too. When food is available, you eat until you can't eat anymore because you don't know when you'll be able to eat again. Then when there's no food, you fasted. This way of eating sure beats a constant moderate calorie "diet."

I'm not sure if I have good advice for you, other than to start tracking your calories on up days and trying to keep it under control that way.

elkay7 is offline Member
    I agree with diene. I track my calories every day so I have some warning before I go too far overboard on UD calories.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    I did a week of alternate day full day fasts. I did really well but found I needed to ease into food with broth in the morning. I also try and follow high fat, low carb. I had very good results, 9lbs in one week. I don't know if it is recommended for long term. I tried it again but was hungry by supper so I ate. I spend a lot of time in the car so it is easier to not eat and I am not near food.

AmyP is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've been trying at least one full (36hr) fast per week and doing alternate days at 500 or less calories. Seems to be working so far..