Page 131 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 131

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    After seeing that spiralled zucchini, my gadget lust is at a peak! Down, girl, down.

Sadly, the news is major and permanent. Thanks for your good wishes. I am over the shock, and am concentrating on other things. The useful stuff that I can do to help, will be sporadic, and I do no good dwelling on it. Last night was enough. I am lucky that it is not right in my face, like my friend. I will do my best and go forward.

This morning I am prepping my food for my retreat. Having a written plan will help, I think. Also having some 'approved' treats, so I don't run amok in the chocolates and pie.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Sorry to hear about the bad news, Sabine. Nobody is going to fault you for finding some comfort in cheesecake, especially the womenfolk here.

I really want a vegetable spiralizer now. On the wedding registry it goes!

Dropped another pound for a total of 21 down. Ate reasonably the last UD and DD. Today is another UD and I think I may be going to a happy hour with friends tonight. Going to probably skip breakfast (normal at this point) and eat a light lunch. Going to an old teacher & mentor's retirement party this Saturday though and it's at a craft brewery, so I am looking at consecutive UDs again and a lot of wheat. I really need to try some non-wheat beer (that isn't Bud Light, gross).
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the bad news, Sabine. Nobody is going to fault you for finding some comfort in cheesecake, especially the womenfolk here.

I really want a vegetable spiralizer now. On the wedding registry it goes!

Dropped another pound for a total of 21 down. Ate reasonably the last UD and DD. Today is another UD and I think I may be going to a happy hour with friends tonight. Going to probably skip breakfast (normal at this point) and eat a light lunch. Going to an old teacher & mentor's retirement party this Saturday though and it's at a craft brewery, so I am looking at consecutive UDs again and a lot of wheat. I really need to try some non-wheat beer (that isn't Bud Light, gross).
    21 pounds is very impressive! Most beers are made of barley, not wheat. Wheat beers are made of wheat, of course.

elkay7 is offline Member
    diene - Oh duh. Where is my brain at today. Wednesdays.

Well, there will be plenty of wheat beer around. Since the party is at the Widmer Brothers Brewery, known of course for their hefeweizen.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Today is my third DD for the week. I swear these DDs are saving my butt. I have had 3 binge days this month and yet I feel as if I am still losing due to ADF. It also helps that I am eating clean w30...when I am not binging.
    I will not weigh and measure until July 1st so no telling what is actually happening. I feel thinner, am less obsessed with numbers and am not constantly worried about changing my eating plan.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad the Down Days are giving you a sense of helping your body, Pebbles.

AmyP is offline Member
    I am doing well-ish. Had a few days of bad choices due to family visiting from out of town. Yesterday was a DD and I just ended up doing a full fast. It got to be about 6:00 and I had not eaten yet (coffee with almond milk was it..) and decided to see how far I could take it. Still have yet to have breakfast this morning but I am not much of a early eater anyway. Does anyone do full fasts on their dd?

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys looks like everyone is still doing well, wish I was still losing right along with you! My weight has stabilized since my first week of stopping ADF thank god! My theory that I was just putting back on the Initial water weight seems to have held true. This morning I weighed 207.2, last two weeks it's stayed in the 207-208 range, which is only 3-4 lbs up from my last dd weight. I know this will eventually start going up again but for now I'm glad.

Had my first u/s to confirm pregnancy and we saw the tiny flicker of the heartbeat so far all is well. Morning sickness and fatigue have hit me hard the last two weeks. I haven't actually thrown up(tmi sorry) but have had nausea all day. The big problem for me so far is I've stopped wanting to cook lately because everything sounds revolting. But then I have nothing to eat because other than fruit everything has to be cooked on a primal diet! Im having a hard time resenting the fact that I can't just have some cereal or crackers. I can see why pregnancy can derail a person from staying primal. You truly crave the easy dry grain products. Alas I'm not just any person, even with these cravings I have an iron will and I will not cross over to the dark side lol! I actually hade some "cereal" for dinner last night, mixed together almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, raisins,and unsweetened shredded coconut in a bowl with milk. Tasted like granola but it was hard to finish because nuts are so much heavier than regular cereal. It was a big fat bowl of PUFA but it was all I could stomach. Hopefully my aversions on last a few more weeks and then I can get back to being a cooking machine!

Anywho keep it up guys!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Veronica, organic puffed rice cereal is probably okay for you to eat, if you're craving cereal and everything else sounds gross. It's probably healthier than a bowl of PUFA. Some people around here are into low carb at all costs, and I was like that when I first started too. Would eat 500 calories of almonds without a thought when what I really wanted was carbs. With the amount of PUFA in those nuts, I would have been better off just having some carbs.