Page 130 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 130

elkay7 is offline Member
    Broke my plateau and finally dropped another pound for a total of 20 lbs lost since starting ADF 10 weeks ago.

Did a 100% Paleo fast day today after three consecutive UDs while my mom was in town for my brother's college graduation. Watched a talk by Dr. William Davis, author of Wheat Belly, and just ordered his book. I am realizing I need to get serious about breaking up with wheat products, despite how much I like them.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hi Shari, nice to meet you. Congratulations on keeping such an impressive amount of weight off for so long. That's quite an accomplishment.

I started ADF in March, and have had good success with it, losing some weight, and feeling my issues with food changing/coming under control. This thread has slowed down a little. I think those who are having success with it, just don't have much to chat about (I ate, then I didn't) . But it is fun to share our successes and get some feedback on our challenges.

This weekend I'll be heading out for a retreat with friends. My last one was pre-ADF, and I went a little off the rails. I've worked out a strategy, and am hoping it pulls me through.

R- Arrival day. Regular Down Day. Drink cafe au laits and hold off on dinner as long as I can. Bring smoked salmon and a low-carb/low-calorie chocolate dessert, so I feel like I am having a 'treat'.

F- Up Day, have whatever I like, but keep it primal low-carb. I'm bringing plenty of good stuff so that I am not tempted by what the other ladies are bringing.

S- Down Day. We usually go out for drinks and dinner this day. Drink cafe au laits all day. Try for one margarita and a low-carb dinner, but if I eat something else, don't wig out. Have another 'dessert' on hand.

U- Leaving in the afternoon. Up Day. Stick with an all-protein day (can I hear 'lox'!) to help mitigate any effects from Saturday.

M- Have an all-liquid Down Day for recovery. Cafe au laits, probiotic drink, electrolyte water(water, salt, lemon), maybe a green smoothie.

Congratulations, Elkay! It is nice to hit that milestone.

Shari Bambino is offline Junior Member
    20 lbs in 10 weeks?! That's fantastic elkay!

I don' mind that this is a quiet thread. It's not for everyone. I think it's a great tool if you need it and it suits your lifestyle and personal goals. I had played around with IF several times but found it difficult. It was not enjoyable at all. It also was ineffective.

Sabine it sounds like you have this retreat in the bag! Having a plan and being prepared enough to actually execute the plan is 90% of the struggle. I love the ADF is so flexible. It's definitely sustainable.

Today is a DD for me. I have 4 zucchini ready to be made into noodles and the red pepper sauce is prepared and in the fridge. I have some veggie stew left over from my last DD and will have that also. Green tea until 6:00 when I eat.

I'm going on a chocolate tour of San Francisco on Friday so will have to move my days around as that will most surely be an UD. I plan to go ahead and just do alternating UD/DD this week so I come out with an UD on Friday.

I am so tempted to get a spiral veggie cutter. I have been thinking about it a lot recently.

I love mine! I don't use it as much during the colder months but I keep it out on the counter all spring and summer and use it almost every day. Best $25 I ever spent! I have a julienne peeler too which is quick and easy to use but it wastes a lot more of the veggie and it's just not quite the same. It gives a flat noodle whereas the spiralizer gives a round noodle that really mimics spaghetti. Here's a comparison that I did last week. 004.jpg

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone....so after a week of being away/extending the desire to eat off protocol, here I am. I haven't weighed myself since a week ago. I have indulged in all kinds of naughty food. I just gave myself permission to eat and eat anything and that..I did.
    Today I am having a go at a DD, surprisingly kind of easy. So far the carbs haven't come tempting me today, I know if I can do 2-3 days of clean eating, I am out of the woods.
    Best of luck to all.

PS...well done Elkay!

Received very upsetting news yesterday afternoon. It was my Down Day, but in the evening, when I was feeling some mild hunger, and being very stressed-antsy because of the news, I went ahead and had food. Not too bad in terms of a cheat. Seaweed salad, a slice of cheese cake, and two slices of cheese. The only thing unhealthy was the cheesecake, and calorie-wise, that was the only thing that took me over my Down Day calories. Except that I didn't plan it, it could be a Medium Day.

The eating was not ideal, but I am not unhappy with it. These things happen, and considering what I MIGHT have ate (the world!), it doesn't seem too bad.

Back to a regular Up Day today. I will try to minimize from sugar, so I don't set anything off, but I will be eating freely.

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Received very upsetting news yesterday afternoon. It was my Down Day, but in the evening, when I was feeling some mild hunger, and being very stressed-antsy because of the news, I went ahead and had food. Not too bad in terms of a cheat. Seaweed salad, a slice of cheese cake, and two slices of cheese. The only thing unhealthy was the cheesecake, and calorie-wise, that was the only thing that took me over my Down Day calories. Except that I didn't plan it, it could be a Medium Day.

The eating was not ideal, but I am not unhappy with it. These things happen, and considering what I MIGHT have ate (the world!), it doesn't seem too bad.

Back to a regular Up Day today. I will try to minimize from sugar, so I don't set anything off, but I will be eating freely.
    So sorry for your unsettling news. I hope it is minor and temporary. Yes you did very well and you should be proud of yourself for having that much self control. Thumbs up for a job well done.

BTW...I need one of those spiral slicers just sayin...that way too cool!!!