Page 129 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 129

AlphaMikeFoxtrot is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey.
    So, yesterday was my second fast day and I capped my limit to about 590 cals
    (Multi grain bread, boiled eggs, grilled chicken, watermelon and lychee)
    Did an almost 40 hour fast. Finished my dinner at 5:30 pm on an UD, then DD the following day and then I ate at 8:00 am the following UD(today). Did 2 p90x workouts in the interim.

My weight is now 92.3 kgs(203 lbs) from 94.3 kgs(207.4 lbs). So, that's nearly 2kgs(4.4 lbs) shed since my last weigh in. As a side note I must add that my weight had stalled since May 21st, so I think I broke the plateau after nearly 3 weeks. Was so frustrated.

Any suggestions? I like this way of dieting
    My name's Ryan, btw.

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone, back from my 4 day get away...indulged some, had a wonderful time...tried not to worry about the food to much. I am bloated but I am sure its from more salt than usual and lack of water at times.
    I haven't weighed myself yet...probably won't till Friday. I think I will start my DD on Fri or Sat and try it again.

Good luck everyone...happy DD's and UD's

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMikeFoxtrot View Post
    Hey.
    So, yesterday was my second fast day and I capped my limit to about 590 cals
    (Multi grain bread, boiled eggs, grilled chicken, watermelon and lychee)
    Did an almost 40 hour fast. Finished my dinner at 5:30 pm on an UD, then DD the following day and then I ate at 8:00 am the following UD(today). Did 2 p90x workouts in the interim.

My weight is now 92.3 kgs(203 lbs) from 94.3 kgs(207.4 lbs). So, that's nearly 2kgs(4.4 lbs) shed since my last weigh in. As a side note I must add that my weight had stalled since May 21st, so I think I broke the plateau after nearly 3 weeks. Was so frustrated.

Any suggestions? I like this way of dieting
    My name's Ryan, btw.
    Hi Ryan

My suggestion would be to cut out the multigrain bread. have a sweet potato instead. The wheat will make you hungier.

Good work though!

diene is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I was just going to say...did you say you had BREAD?!

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    I'm having an all-fish Down day today, to make up for less than optimal nutrition on my Up Day yesterday. It is a new and interesting experience, to look forward to eating JUST A LITTLE.

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    back on track. Today is day 3, back to paleo. Working a whole 60 with some friends, and closing the eating window to get back to the one meal a day, (nutri bullet outside that one meal) Todays window was 5 hours.

WOOT! Im back "on" Thank goodness and you all......
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    I'm quite surprised - another week of 5:2, not counting calories on feast days, and I went and lost a half a kilo! I was really expecting a STS this week. But I'll take it! I also tried my first 24 hour fast - on my second fast day I waited until dinner to eat my calories, rather than spreading them out. I wonder if this was the cause for the unexpected loss? Or perhaps less stress from the new techniques I've been trying for teaching the mind to eat less.

Shari Bambino is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone. I have been doing a version of alternate day eating and was looking around for some support and am thrilled to find it here on MDA. I've been eating paleo/primal/low carb for many years now and am finding more and more that, with age, the calories need to be monitored. So I started doing a 3-day cycle about two weeks ago. I really love it! I saw someone on LCF say she was doing this and it was working much better for her so I decided to try her cycle out. My big issue was that I needed Saturday to always be an UD. My schedule is DD, MD, UD, followed by the same cycle the next three days and then a MD. MD is medium day where I split the difference of the DD and UD so for me it's around 1,100 calories or so. DDs are 350ish and UD 1900-2000.

My down days are strictly veggies. I like the idea of having two days with no protein intake so I can get some autophagy benefits going. I need to eat late at night as I can't sleep without some food in my belly. I usually drink a boatload of tea and/or defatted bone broth then have my first meal at 5ish then another around 8:00. I've been doing a lot of zucchini noodles with red pepper sauce (blended red peppers with some seasonings) or making a big pot of veggie stew and eating that. For some reason I am not having any issues with the DD's at all.

Medium days I focus on adding in protein and fat. I eat my nuts and eggs and a little cheese along with massive quantities of veggies (LC) on these days.

One up day is just adding more fat and protein in to my otherwise standard LC menu. The Saturday UD I use to eat more of "whatever I want" which includes a stop at the Food Truck pod or restaurant. That generally means some rice and seed oils. I make this a high carb day and try to keep it a little lower fat. No low fat but lower. I eat fruit and potatoes on these days. If I need a sweet treat I'll eat some kind of paleo cookie or muffin thing but mostly the fruit is all I need to be happy.

My scale is broken so I'm not weighing myself but I have definitely lost weight. I had gained some over the past few months and am using this to help bring me back down. I am getting the scale fixed or getting a new one this week.

And since I'm not known here (was active on PH for a couple of years but no longer) my history is that I was born fat and was morbidly obese most of my adult life. I used a nearly paleo/primal LC diet to lose 150 lbs and then went a little stricter and lost an additional 20 lbs cracking a very hard set point I never thought I would break. I have been maintaining for about 5 years now with a 10 lb swing. I am noticing that with age calories matter more and more and with my history it's a given that I have to look at both calories and carbs.

AHS 2103 is in two months so I'm sticking with this to get the rest of the 10 lbs off to be at my weight from last summer. I love having two days where I can just EAT! The DD's are not bothering me at all which I was concerned about. Eliminating fat and protein these days seems to be working for me.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Hey Shari! Glad to see ya here. I remember you. I ditched PH about a year or more ago myself. Least here there's little mod interference . Be seeing ya around.

Shari Bambino is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome! It seems most people can only take PH for so long. Almost everyone I knew back in the day has moved on. I guess that's to be expected to some degree but man that place is crazy, lol.