Page 128 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 128

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    I am scared that I have hit another plateau. A week of no weight loss. Despite sticking to my DD calorie goals, it seems like whenever I go carb crazy or drink alcohol, I have made dropping weight about as easy as walking up the downward moving escalator. I will try cutting back on carbs first before trying to regularly push my UDs to the 2100 JUDDD recommends.
    I ate sushi yesterday and today my weight is up 2.8 pounds. I'm starting to think maybe rice bloats me. I only had one plate of it, and a plate of (mostly plain) seafood, and fruit at the buffet. If carbs and alcohol are bloating you, but you are staying within your calorie limits, you should expect a whoosh when you clean that up.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    omigosh! I havent been able to get back on track for almost 2 weeks now! Its gone, all gone. I fell off the wagon hard at a festival 1.5 weeks ago, ate loads of carbs, deep fried everything, and now i am am back in to old bad habits. I feel motivated (right now)because i came here to read what others are reporting. I've been down this awful road before though, motivated in the morning, giving up by mid afternoon, crying by bedtime.

Being back on the carbs is creating real issues for my colitis too, and I still cant seem to stop myself.
    I seem to be eating for boredom. I really need to find something to do with myself now that Im working part time.

Its 8 am here, and Im going to make myself a "to do " list so I have no free time today. isn't it awful that I cant be trusted with free time? That I will eat the wrong food to the point where i will actually hurt myself? What is up with that?

Here i go again with the "today is another new day " routine. Been here before.
    What a depressing post huh?
    I will think of all of you through the day to help me stay on track. Once I get a couple of days behind me, I'm usually good to go. I just need those first couple of days,.
    Start by eating meat, then vegetables, and then fruit. Even if you overeat them a bit, it will help nourish you and leave you without hunger that will trick you into wanting empty calories.

AmyP is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    omigosh! I havent been able to get back on track for almost 2 weeks now! Its gone, all gone. I fell off the wagon hard at a festival 1.5 weeks ago, ate loads of carbs, deep fried everything, and now i am am back in to old bad habits. I feel motivated (right now)because i came here to read what others are reporting. I've been down this awful road before though, motivated in the morning, giving up by mid afternoon, crying by bedtime.

Being back on the carbs is creating real issues for my colitis too, and I still cant seem to stop myself.
    I seem to be eating for boredom. I really need to find something to do with myself now that Im working part time.

Its 8 am here, and Im going to make myself a "to do " list so I have no free time today. isn't it awful that I cant be trusted with free time? That I will eat the wrong food to the point where i will actually hurt myself? What is up with that?

Here i go again with the "today is another new day " routine. Been here before.
    What a depressing post huh?
    I will think of all of you through the day to help me stay on track. Once I get a couple of days behind me, I'm usually good to go. I just need those first couple of days,.
    No great words of advice..but I have been there. A few days ago! It's hard..

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Elkay- I have had two- and three- week periods where my weight bobbles around the same numbers, and then down I go. Sometimes I can relate it to over-eating on my Up Days, sometimes it just IS. Either way, my Down Days in general are so easy, that staying the same for a few weeks while eating all I want (or more) is a far better place than I was, so I'll take it.

Hope you go down soon.

TeriAnn- that's rough. Good luck getting back to where you feel good about what you are eating. Are there 'good foods' you love that you could overeat on for a few days, so that even if you are still eating too much/for boredom/etc, at least it is only good stuff and will bring your insulin levels back to normal? Sometimes I let myself eat massive quantities, and as long as it is good stuff, I don't feel so bad about it.

I had some stress eating yesterday, and for what is probably a silly reason, but it is what it is. And it was an Up Day, so it is all good. Ready for my Down Day though: I feel so stodgy.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAtTaree View Post
    A fast from 6.30 to 11.00 the next day.
    In other words 16 and a half hours fast every day. I wonder if that would make the body say "hey I'm fasting" ???
    Yes, you can benefit from 16-hour fasts. There's a lot of information out there about intermittent fasting. Just google it. pklopp has written a three-part series regarding IF on these forums. Find and read them. But he suggests doing longer fasts, and those may not work for everyone. If you find that ADF is difficult, you could try 16-hour fasts, then maybe increase that gradually to 18 or 19 hours. There's this book called Fast Five (I think) that describes a method, which is basically a 19-hour fast and a 5-hour eating window. It works well for some, but I have never been able to lose weight on it.

In other news, I felt like crap during crossfit endurance today. Wanted to keel over and die during the last 600-m run. We did 3 x 200-m, 3 x 400-m, and 3 x 600-m. By the last two 600-m rounds, I was no longer sprinting. And my legs literally had no strength in them near the end. I think it's because yesterday was a DD, and I only ate 100 calories. I ate before the workout (which is bad since that pre-workout insulin spike suppressed HGH production, thereby inhibiting all that extra fat burning from the sprints), but it was still terrible. Had I not eaten, I probably would have died.

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Yes, you can benefit from 16-hour fasts. There's a lot of information out there about intermittent fasting. Just google it. pklopp has written a three-part series regarding IF on these forums. Find and read them. But he suggests doing longer fasts, and those may not work for everyone. If you find that ADF is difficult, you could try 16-hour fasts, then maybe increase that gradually to 18 or 19 hours. There's this book called Fast Five (I think) that describes a method, which is basically a 19-hour fast and a 5-hour eating window. It works well for some, but I have never been able to lose weight on it.

In other news, I felt like crap during crossfit endurance today. Wanted to keel over and die during the last 600-m run. We did 3 x 200-m, 3 x 400-m, and 3 x 600-m. By the last two 600-m rounds, I was no longer sprinting. And my legs literally had no strength in them near the end. I think it's because yesterday was a DD, and I only ate 100 calories. I ate before the workout (which is bad since that pre-workout insulin spike suppressed HGH production, thereby inhibiting all that extra fat burning from the sprints), but it was still terrible. Had I not eaten, I probably would have died.
    See marks post today about salt. Once I added trace minerals, salt and iodine to my water pre and post workout, the diffirence has been remarkable.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    See marks post today about salt. Once I added trace minerals, salt and iodine to my water pre and post workout, the diffirence has been remarkable.
    I will try adding salt to my water. Now that I think of it, I normally drink one or two cups of salted water with apple cider vinegar and red pepper flakes on my DDs. It keeps me from feeling hungry. Also warms me up if I'm feeling cold in the office. I wasn't really cold or that hungry yesterday so didn't have the salt water. That could have been why I felt extraordinarily crappy during my workout today.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I ate sushi yesterday and today my weight is up 2.8 pounds. I'm starting to think maybe rice bloats me. I only had one plate of it, and a plate of (mostly plain) seafood, and fruit at the buffet. If carbs and alcohol are bloating you, but you are staying within your calorie limits, you should expect a whoosh when you clean that up.

Start by eating meat, then vegetables, and then fruit. Even if you overeat them a bit, it will help nourish you and leave you without hunger that will trick you into wanting empty calories.
    It's the soy sauce! watch it those couple pounds will drop in 1-2 days. Soy sauce is totally inflammatory for food sensitive people.. try rice another time without one day and see if u get the same results...

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Has anyone made it to a point where they want to maintain their weight? Just wondering how this works - do you back off on the number of down days or...??
    Yes! start by back off 1 DD every week. Then after you can up your calories on your DD from 500 to 600, 600-700. it's on this site:
    UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed

you can look up your calories to maintain.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Yes! start by back off 1 DD every week. Then after you can up your calories on your DD from 500 to 600, 600-700. it's on this site:
    UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed

you can look up your calories to maintain.
    Thanks i'll check it out!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    It's the soy sauce! watch it those couple pounds will drop in 1-2 days. Soy sauce is totally inflammatory for food sensitive people.. try rice another time without one day and see if u get the same results...
    I will have to try it both ways.

I ended up craving meat today and instead of doing a down day I ate 100g of protein.