Page 127 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1557

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 127

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If I stop losing, some of the tweaks I will try before counting calories on my Up Days will be:

Complete fasting on Down Days
    Fat Fasting on Down Days
    Fat Fasting on an Up Day, too!
    Exercising(now you KNOW how much I hate counting calories )
    Cold Thermogenesis
    Skipping a couple of Down Days, then plunging back in with a vengeance

and finally...

Researching more things to try instead of counting calories on an Up Day!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I just had a really nice whoosh following my third down day.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    If I stop losing, some of the tweaks I will try before counting calories on my Up Days will be:

Complete fasting on Down Days
    Fat Fasting on Down Days
    Fat Fasting on an Up Day, too!
    Exercising(now you KNOW how much I hate counting calories )
    Cold Thermogenesis
    Skipping a couple of Down Days, then plunging back in with a vengeance

and finally...

Researching more things to try instead of counting calories on an Up Day!
    I've been meaning to try cold thermogenesis. Maybe I'll give that a shot. I'm working towards a complete fast on down days. I've been managing less than 100 cals on a couple of down days a week. I already work out like a maniac, and the fat fast, unfortunately, doesn't work for me. I think I'm going to have to count on UDs. This is very sad. I hate counting.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Hey everyone sorry i've been gone for so long. I went on a fantastic retreat this weekend. I'm no longer on ADF. I haven't weighed myself, but I needed a break. I'm happy to see everyone is doing well. I think ADF is AMAZING. everyone keep on trucking!!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's an up day, and I've found a Japanese buffet I'm going to check out for lunch. I may not eat supper.

AmyP is offline Member
    Trying to get back on schedule here...first DD in a while. Kinda struggling. But I will hold tight.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone made it to a point where they want to maintain their weight? Just wondering how this works - do you back off on the number of down days or...??

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    I'm finding it near impossible to stick to even a 5:2 diet without feeling dreadful the next day. However on looking back over the years, the times I've been fairly slim are when I was working in jobs or studying in an environment where I didn't or couldn't eat lunch.

For example I went through my entire high school career without eating lunch and I was painfully skinny. (I'm actually Aspergers and couldn't stand the school dining hall, would just go on a long walk at lunchtime or did extra study in the library).

Since retiring 9 months ago I had fallen into a "trap" of breakfast, lunch and dinner at approx 8am, 1.30pm and 6.30pm and have bunged on around 5 kilos.

Having read about ADF and 5:2 etc I'm wondering if the following will have some of the benefits of fasting:

No breakfast as such
    A "brunch" at 11.00 am
    A very busy afternoon (shopping, exercise, housework, gardening, hobbies etc etc, no sitting around waiting for the nibbles to strike)
    Dinner at 6.00 pm

A fast from 6.30 to 11.00 the next day.
    In other words 16 and a half hours fast every day. I wonder if that would make the body say "hey I'm fasting" ???

elkay7 is offline Member
    I am scared that I have hit another plateau. A week of no weight loss. Despite sticking to my DD calorie goals, it seems like whenever I go carb crazy or drink alcohol, I have made dropping weight about as easy as walking up the downward moving escalator. I will try cutting back on carbs first before trying to regularly push my UDs to the 2100 JUDDD recommends.

I have made some progress on going more primal at least. Made some beet chips and guacamole the other night. They tasted like sweet potato chips - yum!
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    omigosh! I havent been able to get back on track for almost 2 weeks now! Its gone, all gone. I fell off the wagon hard at a festival 1.5 weeks ago, ate loads of carbs, deep fried everything, and now i am am back in to old bad habits. I feel motivated (right now)because i came here to read what others are reporting. I've been down this awful road before though, motivated in the morning, giving up by mid afternoon, crying by bedtime.

Being back on the carbs is creating real issues for my colitis too, and I still cant seem to stop myself.
    I seem to be eating for boredom. I really need to find something to do with myself now that Im working part time.

Its 8 am here, and Im going to make myself a "to do " list so I have no free time today. isn't it awful that I cant be trusted with free time? That I will eat the wrong food to the point where i will actually hurt myself? What is up with that?

Here i go again with the "today is another new day " routine. Been here before.
    What a depressing post huh?
    I will think of all of you through the day to help me stay on track. Once I get a couple of days behind me, I'm usually good to go. I just need those first couple of days,.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis