Page 125 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 125

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Just water weight from your increasing progesterone and the added carbs. Up your fat, drop your carbs and you will be fine. Best to stop counting calories.

Lots of stories on the low carb forums of healthy mamas staying low carb or vlc during pregnancy.

Here are the promised links:

Ketosis during pregnancy - PaleoHacks.com
    Lucas Tafur: Ketones fuel fetal development
    Paleo from Pregnancy | The Primal Parent
    I think your right about counting calories, I noticed that if I'm shy of hitting 2000 ill eat more to reach that number whether I'm hungry or not. I'm just so nervous to not count and get out of control. Today is gonna be another 100 carb day but ill get back to 50 starting tomorrow and see if it helps. Thanks for the links !
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanes View Post
    TerriAnn,

I'm with you, if I don't continue at least strict Primal on a weekend it seems to take longer to get back at it. I have 5 acres in the works ie fencing, gardening, moving rocks, so that keeps me working like Grok! LOL!
    I think thats a good idea, and im going to try it. Back to strict primal for me. AND, i too don't have strict fitness routine. I too have forest, and I have been walk/running on the trails. I dont really care what it is i am doing, so long as I am being active 4-5 days a week.

Yesterday was a not so great eating day for me. I am grateful to be able to come to the forum and see i am not the only one struggling at times, and share in others successes and get the motivation and assistance i need. Thanks
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the input on my binging on my up days. I have just completed my first DD (its evening now and I'm not hungry).

I had a protein shake for lunch and a homemade thai beef salad for dinner (tiny piece of meat) - if thats over 500 cals I don't care!! LOL - I feel in control and not hungry. Lets see how I go tomorrow for my UD.

I am going to juice a fair bit on my DD I think. I need carbs - low carb does not work for me with hashimotos and I would like to help my liver function with the nutrients from carrots, apples, celery, cucumber and pineapples. I might have a juice for breakfast tomorrow actually.

bhanes is offline Member
    It has been a great week so far, been cooking my own meal in the evening and have been very statisfied. But.....today is Friday and the looming weekend is upon me. This is when I have such a hard time, Friday afternoon's we usually hang out with our freinds, drinks and food. Saturday night we have a hugh party to attend...more drinks and food. Lucky Sunday is free and I can re-coupe. I'm going to stress to myself to stay Primal no matter what and refrain from excess drinks. UGH. Wish me luck :0)

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Hey! I haven't posted in a while, mainly because there are too many posts to catch up on, but thought I'd update my progress. I have been doing two fasts a week (500cals) for about 12 weeks now (about three weeks of three fasts a week in there in the middle), and have managed to drop 6kg. Pretty chuffed, very close to my goal weight now! And this last week I stopped calorie counting on my off days. This is amazing for me - I have been counting SOMETHING (calories, carbs, points, marcos) for almost 10 years! And this week I dropped a kilo! So I hope this encourages people to stick with it - it really does work But I am only doing two fasts a week, not ADF.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Week 3 Report Even though I do 5:2, I did 3 fast days this week. They were not that hard. I actually enjoy the feeling of not having to think about food. I am doing a W30 this month, so have no weight info for this week. I'm sure you all know what I mean when I say that I "feel" thinner. My emotional state has been very stable since I have upped my carbs on UDs to at least 75. DDs are often lower carb, well lower everything because I only eat dinner.

Have a great week all!

AlphaMikeFoxtrot is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone.
    I'm 24 years old standing at 5'9 and weight is at 94.3 kgs(207lbs). I've measured by bf%, which is 32.5
    I do the p90x program regularly and yet my weight has remained unchanged for the past 3 weeks. Before that it was going at a snail's pace. It has gotten really frustrating. I got the Fast Diet book a couple days back where the 5:2 diet is described. I was thinking whether I should start with adf or the 5:2 diet.

Are these goals possible:
    To reach 80 kgs(176 lbs) in the next 3-3/2 months with the adf diet? Can someone help me with this? Like coach me or something? I workout for more than an hour everyday and I just see diminishing results. Too frustrated.

Ryan

AlphaMikeFoxtrot is offline Junior Member
    Also, please give me info on what exercise I should be doing on down days since heavy workouts like the p90x ones might not be advisable(I'm thinking).
    I already started off with my first day. I ate close to 2100 today(Sat). So, I will try my first fast tomorrow(sun).
    I'm capping it at 595 cals by weighing and tracking my intake(almost accurately since I have a kitchen scale)
    About up days: Is there a specific window to eat my non-fasting day foods?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    AlphaMikeFoxtrot- I think being a young male, you COULD easily drop 30 pounds in 3 months. My suggestion would be to start with ADF. I think it makes it easier to get into Down Day habits than 5:2.

If you'd like to continue with P90X while doing ADF, I would try using your calories on Down Days as protein shakes an hour before exercising, and two hours after. However, P90X is kind of extreme by primal guidelines. Since you haven't been getting the weightloss from it that you were hoping, why not turn it into an every other day program for a while? You wouldn't be losing anything by it.

My husband DOES work out on his Down Days, but he has noticed he is not quite as strong. It is just a slight difference, so it doesn't bother him.

There is no window on your Up Days unless you want there to be one.

Are you sure you have calculated your Up Day calories correctly? I am a 5'8", 180lb, 49 year-old, sedentary woman, and my Up Day calories are around 2100. You should need more.

And as a practical note, I have found that having high-protein, or high-fat Down Days is very helpful in keeping your hunger, both mental and physical, under control.

Good luck! You'll find lots of advice and camaraderie here.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My last two Down Days have been under in calories (more like 300, instead of 420) and have included a green smoothie of some type. My weight has really rocketed downward. Perhaps just coincidence, but I thought I would throw it out there. I have dipped into the 170s for the first time in many years!