Page 124 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1566

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 124

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    It depends on what you can manage/why you are traveling. When I visit family or hang out with friends who are aware that I am doing ADF I keep the DD, because they understand what is going on and don't try to sabotage my DDs. However, if it is a special occasion with social eating, I take an extra UD and just try to eat reasonably. If I can plan it, I also at least try to do a 16 hr fast too so my eating schedule stays regular. Sneaking in extra up days really thwarted my weight loss for awhile though.
    I am going to be eating out as we are taking a mini vacation. Eating out alone is hard enough but trying to do it while doing ADF well...dang. I still want to enjoy myself.
    Any thought? should I switch to 5-2? Or just do the best I can.
    Thanks

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    The calculator tells me 2600 and 500 for cals.

I am doing 5:2 (sometimes 4:3). I am currently not counting due to w30.
    I would really have to stuff to get to 2600 on UDs. I aim for 2000.
    On DDs I fast until dinner and eat one meal. 500ish cals, usually a little higher.

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The calculator tells me 2600 and 500 for cals.

I am doing 5:2 (sometimes 4:3). I am currently not counting due to w30.
    I would really have to stuff to get to 2600 on UDs. I aim for 2000.
    On DDs I fast until dinner and eat one meal. 500ish cals, usually a little higher.
    Pebbles67
    Can you give me a quick run down of the 5-2 fast? How its done etc, please and ty

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    The Fast Diet the secret of 5:2 intermittent fasting: lose weight, stay healthy, live longer

Eat normally 5 days / week. My normal is all Primal. On 2 non consecutive days you eat 1/4 of your calories. 500 cals recommended for women 600 for men. My calorie burn per day is actually around 2400, so I allow for 600 cals on fast days.

On my fast days, I fast until dinner then have one meal. This gives me 20-24 hours of IF, 2-3 days a week.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-05-2013 at 07:21 AM.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    I'm totally freaking out guys, 207.6 lbs. that's up 3.6 since Friday, wtf?! Is this water weight coming back on from stoping ADF? Idk what to do, staying around 2000 cals, carbs are averaging 100, maybe I need to stay low carb? I can't be packing on weight this early it doesn't bode we'll for the next 9 months!

Edit: actually yesterday carbs were only at 77, so what gives? I think I'm going to have to cut calories down to 1800 and see if that helps?
    Last edited by vlo1125; 06-05-2013 at 04:33 AM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hello, All. I'm back from my weekend away.

First of all, congratulations Veronica! Exciting news. You have my best wishes for a safe pregnancy and a healthy birth.

I managed to keep to my first Down day (Friday) while away, but Sunday was a crash and burn. So yesterday (Tuesday) felt very good, completing a Down Day and getting back on track. My weight is back to where it was before my weekend away.

Tried out a green smoothie for part of my food yesterday. Celery, apple, spinach, cucumber, tomato, carrot, and yogurt. Taste was adequate, but I certainly felt like I was getting Nutrition! I may do that again on a Down Day, along with my salmon and mayo regime.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    I'm totally freaking out guys, 207.6 lbs. that's up 3.6 since Friday, wtf?! Is this water weight coming back on from stoping ADF? Idk what to do, staying around 2000 cals, carbs are averaging 100, maybe I need to stay low carb? I can't be packing on weight this early it doesn't bode we'll for the next 9 months!

Edit: actually yesterday carbs were only at 77, so what gives? I think I'm going to have to cut calories down to 1800 and see if that helps?
    Just water weight from your increasing progesterone and the added carbs. Up your fat, drop your carbs and you will be fine. Best to stop counting calories.

Lots of stories on the low carb forums of healthy mamas staying low carb or vlc during pregnancy.

Here are the promised links:

Ketosis during pregnancy - PaleoHacks.com
    Lucas Tafur: Ketones fuel fetal development
    Paleo from Pregnancy | The Primal Parent

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    bhanes - i am eating like you are. one meal a day. I havent done a 40 hour fast yet, and i dont know if I will. I am not losing weight, but I certainly am losing inches. Its odd because I dont work out. I have read that this can happen, and I am glad its happening to me.

I look more fit, and am wearing comfortably jeans I havent worn in a couple of years. Id like to see weight loss on the scale and i expect if I continue I will. This WOE is certainly better for my colitis.

The issue I have, is if I give myself "permission" to eat like other people on a sunday, it takes me 3 days afterward to get back to my method of eating.
    Why does it take 3 days? Why cant i get off and get back on?
    What is it about me that food is always such an issue? i have spent the majority of my life being my own food cop.
    Its emotionally tiring.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post

Mostly important.. decreasing stress. secondly, I know you can search for preggy thread on MDA that may better help you. Mark just posted something about soon to be moms NOT being on a diet. Since it's early... I'd drop your carbs, it will help you level off and maintain easier this next week until you decide what you want to do. I'm SURE that those extra pounds are just from not going off ADF slowly AND your hormones.

I agree with dragonfly, check out soon to be mom threads on MDA

let us know!

bhanes is offline Member
    TerriAnn,

I'm with you, if I don't continue at least strict Primal on a weekend it seems to take longer to get back at it. But if I eat normal Primal meals even through out the day on Saturday or Sunday then it is a piece of cake to go back to one meal on Monday. I'm feeling so much better now that I've gotten several good (1) meal days behind me. Really looking forward to my next 40hr fast hoping to push that scale down some more. I'm also loosing inches and I really can feel my core tighting up. I don't have a regular exercise routine but I have 5 acres in the works ie fencing, gardening, moving rocks, so that keeps me working like Grok! LOL!