Page 122 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1568

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 122

elkay7 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welcome Richard. It is recommended to not have consecutive down days to ensure you get all of the nutrients you need on the following up day.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome, Richard!

+1 to non consecutive. There is a 5:2 site. I think it is officially called the "Fast Diet". Be aware however, that they are not Primal over there. Many people actually eat poorly while doing the program.

I pick my 2 days from Sunday / Tuesday / Thursday, which are my lighter workout days. It gives me a little flexibility while still having a plan. Last week, I actually did all three days, therefore doing something more like ADF.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to our new folks!

~~~~

I'm almost back down to my weight before my two vacations in May! This week I may actually do the 5:2 thing myself. It's going to be a busy week, especially towards the end of the week when I'll be working lots of overtime. I think I'll do my fast day on Tuesday, but Thursday (my second usual down day) I will be working overtime, then in very early on Friday for another long day. So, Saturday might be my second.

I've been up since 3:40 a.m. I've straightened up, and I just finished cooking my lunches/snacks for the week and they are all in the freezer. Now I'm just waiting for the Farmer's Market to open officially (9:00) to take my walk.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Hello there! I'm happy to help you with my experience and what "is" working. Holler at my anytime! <3 good luck!
    what was your DD meal? what did you eat on your UD? are you doing by a certain amount of carbs?

Btw... you read all 119 pages!? you are amazing.
    Hello & TY..
    well my down day was suppose to be chicken and salad, but that piece of chicken that was in the fridge was gone so two boiled eggs it was. I am use to eating 2 meals a day so the dd wasn't too bad. I did get hungry then I finally ate, then I was kinda hungry sometime afterwards but it subsided and all was good. I saw a new number the next day
    Today is my 2nd dd...fingers crossed it will be as good as the first.
    My ud consisted of primal foods yesterday tho, I don't think I hit my 18-1900 cal number at all. That I find is tough.
    I may have to holler at ya...but I hope this works for me.

Yes I did read all 119 pages...I feel like I know all of you already lol

Have a wonderful day everyone be it and UD or a DD

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh guys as of this morning I'm up 2.6, I hope this doesn't continue. The last 3 days have essentially been ud's so I know I wasn't going to stay at my dd weight of 204 but I'm hoping it levels out for awhile.

Dragonfly~ link away!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

bhanes is offline Member
    Veronica Congrats!!!!! That is wonderful news.....got a little of that myself last weekend (not me) but my daughter and also my daughter in-law both are expecting! OMG...
    Everyone here seems to be moving right along, so good to hear. Me....well I had the Memorial Day weekend which I knew was going to be tough with the kids all here. But then the news of 2 more grandbabies coming I went alittle over board to say the least. I guess after not having grains and sugar for so long my body decided to show me who's boss LOL! I was so sick Tuesday morning, all week. Didn't leave the house until Sunday, UGH. Nothing but chicken stock (home made) all week. You would have thought that there would have been a weight loss but no.....don't know how much that weekend put on me tho?? Anyway back at it today going to do my 24 hrs one meal a day for the next week then do my 40hr fast again come next Monday. I think I know better now than to upset my system with a bunch of junk that was not that tasty anyway. Congrats to all that are still losing stay the tide!!

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    First, Veronica congratulations. My wife and I are going for number 2 and so far no luck.

Looks like some people are putting up some decent numbers of weight loss that is mostly fat. If people are doing slow cardio(sub 75% of MHR) during their fasted day, then I hope they understand the roles of cortisol and insulin. Remember if insulin is present, fat loss is very very difficult. So one should not do slow cardio, or even faster higher heart rate cardio post 5 hours of eating if one wishes to maximize fat loss. Now the other aspect is that cardio in a fasted state can lead to cortisol spike. Cortisol spikes can lead to fat storage even if carbs are at 0 for a post workout meal. In a fasted state or a very low cal state the body is looking for any reason to leave the recycle/repair mode because the body is essentially eating itself. A safe time period post workout is usually about 2 hours. For strength training where DOMS is achieved, a different set of rules apply, but I would assume that no one is doing strength training on fast days.

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey all....I just started the JUDDD....so far so good...have one quick question tho. I am going out of town for 4 days. How do you do this while eating out? Do you minimize your up days, try and keep a down day...need help leaving Saturday

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Hi All

I posted a couple of weeks ago - that it was my first DD. Well I am back after going through some realisations about myself.

The DD went fine - but the Up day the next day was unbelievable - I virtually binged - which I don't do, and couldn't seem to then get back onto my DD. Each morning i would start saying this was going to be my DD, but I weakened every time and said, "oh tomorrow will be my next DD". It is now about a month later, and no progress on the scale for me.

There is something in my psych that I haven't worked out yet. It triggered something that made me want food more - I guess telling myself I couldn't have the food today, made me want it even more and then some, the next day.

So today is my DD and I am not keeping to a set calorie goal. I had a salad and chicken for lunch and I'll just eat veges for dinner. I do not have do to this perfectly to have a result (well thats what I'm telling myself and giving myself a break while I get used to this thing).

I let you know if I "blow out" tomorrow.

Anyone struggling with the same thing?

elkay7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goinggrok View Post
    Hey all....I just started the JUDDD....so far so good...have one quick question tho. I am going out of town for 4 days. How do you do this while eating out? Do you minimize your up days, try and keep a down day...need help leaving Saturday
    It depends on what you can manage/why you are traveling. When I visit family or hang out with friends who are aware that I am doing ADF I keep the DD, because they understand what is going on and don't try to sabotage my DDs. However, if it is a special occasion with social eating, I take an extra UD and just try to eat reasonably. If I can plan it, I also at least try to do a 16 hr fast too so my eating schedule stays regular. Sneaking in extra up days really thwarted my weight loss for awhile though.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com