http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Veronica, Congratulations!!!!
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

elkay7 is offline Member
    Down another lb for a total of 18 lbs/8.2 kg at the end of week 8 of ADF, -4 this week. I didn't overeat like crazy this week despite a couple glasses of wine yesterday.

I am also not kind of in love with cooking in coconut oil. I love the viscosity.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    YAY, VERONICA!!!!

Sending big hugs and sloppy kisses your way, and wishing you the best of health and happiness!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats elkay!

Thanks everyone! Its bizarre to finally be here after talking about it the last two years. I'm just hoping everything goes fine at my ultrasound in 2 weeks. It's really weird that today is supposed to be a dd and Im Not going to do it lol, it probably take me a few days to get used to not doing ADF. Like I said Im Still going to track and I did yesterday and I felt like I needed to get more carbs in( I shouldn't try to stay under 50 anymore right?) so I got 98 carbs and I was really nervous I was going to put on some bloat overnight because of it but I'm only up .4. I also gave up my morning coffee as of yesterday and I am missing it desperately! My goal for this pregnancy is to keep the weight gain under control. I gained 76 lbs with my daughter and I don't want to do that again! Especially since I am starting this pregnancy 20 lbs heavier than I was the first time!i think following the primal blueprint there's no way that it'll get that outta control again, that was at the height of SAD and being a fast food junkie.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Veronica~
    You can safely keep your carbs wherever you feel good. There is a myth about ketosis being bad in pregnancy, but all my reading for my pregnant clients shows that it is just a myth. Let me know if you want some links about this.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm still gonna be hanging around because I'm obviously going to still eat primally throughout my pregnancy. I also just looked up my ideal calorie intake for the first trimester and based on my stats that's 2016 cals, so basically them same as an ud. I'm definitely looking to gain very little with this pregnancy so I have to calorie count so as not to go over board.
    OMG OMG! CONGRATS!!!
    i haven't checked this site in couple days and holy moly! I'm SOOOO happy for you!! <3 <3 <3 <3
    yay babies!

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goinggrok View Post
    I feel my story is similar to ((yoga11) trying so hard and not seeing much success well you get resentful. But I keep trying, have had my share of slip ups this month with 2 birthdays and Mothers day. But I am back on track.Thank you and gl to all of you!
    Hello there! I'm happy to help you with my experience and what "is" working. Holler at my anytime! <3 good luck!
    what was your DD meal? what did you eat on your UD? are you doing by a certain amount of carbs?

Btw... you read all 119 pages!? you are amazing.

TAsOwl is offline Junior Member

5:2 vs Alternate Day

PrimalCon New York
    Hi Pebbles,

First ever post in these forums! I've recently started the ADD, and after 1 week have lost about 1.2kg (sorry, I'm not American so I don't know how much that is in lbs!). I've heard about the 5:2 version, but don't know much about how it works. Do you do your 2 fasting days consecutively, or do you split them up (say, Monday and Thursday)?

Thanks,
    Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Chiming in for the first time.
    I am doing the 5:2 protocol (5UD,2DD). I am choosing to eat Primal allowed foods even though some 5:2 peeps do it with SAD as do the JUDDD gang.
    I am almost at the end of my first week. Today is a DD and I am really hungry. Much more so than on Tuesday. My DD are zero cals until dinner, then I eat my 500. Really can't wait for dinner...