Page 12 of 158 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 12

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good luck to you!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Call it an n=1. Call it a challenge... call it enjoying fasting. I dunno. Both saturday and Sunday are up days due to Easter Sunday.
    I gotcha
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I find doing a total fast easier than eating a small amount on Down Days, but I'm doing the small amounts right now because of another issue. Once that is cleared up, I think I will be trying total fasts for a while.

In the book, Dr. Johnson says "To maximize the response that lowers oxidative stress and inflammation, eating nothing every other day would probably be most effective. Except, of course, that no one can do it![emphasis mine]"

I think that for those of us who are fat adapted, a total fast is not so difficult. Or perhaps he means long-term(years). I am not thinking that far ahead, except as a vague feeling that fasting once or twice a week once I am at goal weight may be very easy. Maybe I will find 500-calorie Down Days a breeze when I am at a normal weight. I'll wait and see. For me, this is definitely a n=1 situation!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    In the book, Dr. Johnson says "To maximize the response that lowers oxidative stress and inflammation, eating nothing every other day would probably be most effective. Except, of course, that no one can do it![emphasis mine]"
    aahh. When in doubt, read the book
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Chanda is offline Member
    Does this really jump start weight loss? I might have to try it.

I found the website, I'll have to do more research on it when I get home from work tonight.

What does a typical JUDD week look like for you, though?
    Last edited by Chanda; 03-30-2013 at 10:43 AM.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I just decided to jump right in. I woke up only very slightly hungry this morning and decided it might be a great day to start alternating with this being a dd, especially since I normally do some shopping Saturday mornings...so I'd be busy. I also have an appointment later today to get my taxes done, so a great day for a dd, lol.

I woke up at 5:00 am, was going to have some bacon, but then just decided to wait until I was out shopping and get coffee with HWC. They were out of HWC so I had half and half. That cup of coffee took away the very slightly hungry feeling, so I've actually just had my first bite of food at 11:15. I'm thinking I should have waited longer though. I am feeling hungry now, lol. Pretty sure that will go away though. I haven't had as much water as I should so once I get hydrated, I'll be okay.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys, I think I will join you. I played around with the warrior diet a little bit. But I didn't like the strict eating windows even though I've come to love fasting. I like the idea of every other day eating normal primal. Besides, I only have attention span for about one day. lol. I will try it out.
    I only have 5-10 "vanity" pounds to lose, so mostly I'm just experimenting.

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    Also, I combining it with the whole 30 which is how I'm trying to eat. Tomorrow will be my first DD.

Crofter is offline Member
    I think I'm going to try this after Easter. I did the juddd diet yars ago with not much joy but, of course, using CW foods. I've lost 50lbs on Primal and a Primal /juddd diet may just help me to lose the last 10lbs or so.
    I'll keep watching the thread and jump in once I've started.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    Does this really jump start weight loss? I might have to try it.

I found the website, I'll have to do more research on it when I get home from work tonight.

What does a typical JUDD week look like for you, though?
    Well... just from IFing, took off 5lbs in a week. This second week I have been doing ADF and I took off another 6 lbs. Yes, I have a lot to lose, but I had already lost 24 lbs just switching to primal. 11 pounds in two weeks from fasting? I think it helps. YMMV
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.