Page 119 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 119

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats pebbles and serenity!

252dip~ I can relate with the dr thing, went to my ObGyn in December and she told me were I to get pregnant at my current weight she would not be able to be my doctor. I was 233 lbs, little did she know I had already lost 22lbs at that point. Nothing worse than hearing " your too fat to be my patient!" It's like you feel you've done we'll but they don't know that! Good luck today!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Got a bunch of different weights from the scale this morning, woke up at 5:30 am used the bathroom, hopped on the scale it said 206.6!!!! That would be a 3 lb gain from yesterday's weight. Well I went back to sleep, woke up at 8, used the bathroom and hopped on The scale again and it said 205.8, not great but better. Then and hour later nature called again and I weighed 204.8. So yea all over the place, I think I'm sick cause my coffee just went straight through me( sorry TMI) I also have a scratchy feeling In My throat and runny nose. Blah! This will be my 6th cold in 6 months, yes I've been sick monthly, I want the immune system benefits I'm supposed to be getting from primal/ ADF, where are they?!
    Veronica

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Got a bunch of different weights from the scale this morning, woke up at 5:30 am used the bathroom, hopped on the scale it said 206.6,... 205.8,... 204.8.
    That happens with my scale too. Someone else on here also said the same thing not too long ago. I don't know the "science" or reason behind if you wait an hour after waking and don't eat you will scale goes down.. I don't know WHY, because it also happens to me regardless is I go to the bathroom or not it always goes down an hour later. Who knows?! but I'd definitely go by your last weight in before you eat.

I have noticed that before its so bizarre! Official weigh in tomorrow so we shall see!
    Veronica

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    This will be my 6th cold in 6 months, yes I've been sick monthly, I want the immune system benefits I'm supposed to be getting from primal/ ADF, where are they?!
    Do you take vitamin D3? I take 10,000 IUs every day, and I have not gotten sick since I started. Well, I started to get sick after Thanksgiving b/c my bf's mom was sick when she made us food, but then I got better without actually getting sick. That has never happened to me before. Whenever I start to get sick, the sickness will have to run its course. And I haven't gotten sick since despite the fact that there have been several "epidemics" in the office.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    The doctor visit went well. I didn't have to worry about what she thought of my weight...I forgot that they weighed me in January when I had my upper endoscopy, so she was thrilled that I had lost so much already, lol. She wants me to continue what I'm doing as it is clearly working. I should have my results either later today or tomorrow sometime.

Still haven't eaten yet today and it's already 12:30 pm. I've been drinking water and that's helping. Still not sure what I want to eat for dinner, but I'm sure I'll find something, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Everything you have listed is available in Superstore, here in Canada, which is a big supermarket. The things that I buy in an Organic store are stuff like Hymalian salt, raw macadamia and Brazil nuts, seaweed (though Asian T&T supermarket carry that too) and non-homogenized milk for my daughter. I have never bought coconut sugar, but that's only available in specialty store here, and one thing that is not available, but I wish it was, and I would suggest you check the market for is coconut aminos that can be used instead fo soy sauce.

Again, from Canadian experience, where we can't get raw except for cheese, I would check out cheese selection.

And, id I were treating myself - game meat. I love game meat, but only get a small piece or two a year from the hunters in the building, lol!
    Calgary's farmers market on blackfoot and heritage has elk sometimes and bison all the time

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone,
    I have read all 119 pages in two days I think I am going to give this a try, in fact yesterday I kinda had a down day, but my calories were about 700 and only one meal 1 1/2 hr of weights and such and 1 hr of zumba...I was done.

According to the JUDDD site I am to eat 1900 calories on an up day...All I can say is OMG, I am stuffed. I don't eat that much on a good day before JUDDD

A little about myself 46 from Calgary too (hence the previous post)
    I am currently 166 and have been eating primal off and on, with me really getting into it since March 1st. But in doing so I haven't dropped much weight since then, maybe 8 lbs. I started lifting weights 1-2 nites a week and I started with zumba 1 nite now I go twice a week, still no weight loss. Frustrated to say the least. I have a hard time understanding what my body needs. So I want to give this a go. I usually eat 2 meals a day no more than 14-1600 calories so today when I ate almost 1850 well is how I feel lol.
    Thank you for all the previous posts, you are all doing amazingly well. I hope this works for me in the long run as well. I feel my story is similar to ((yoga11) trying so hard and not seeing much success well you get resentful. But I keep trying, have had my share of slip ups this month with 2 birthdays and Mothers day. But I am back on track.

Thank you and gl to all of you!
    Last edited by goinggrok; 05-30-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: found the others posters name

Leida is offline Senior Member
    ]Calgary's farmers market on blackfoot and heritage has elk sometimes and bison all the time
    Sunnyside has a lot of choice in bison, actually. I took a look on Wed, just never checked for meat there before.

A DD today. I had a super-hard day yestereday (a day off), doing a boxing warm-up against a boxing bag for ~ 20-25 minutes, then full lifting. Added steam room. Then in the afternoon, I was pounding the 'stomping' stones into my lawn. Which involves a LOT of jumping on them and pounding. Still 133 this morning, early, so, likely a maintain again after today's DD.

Oh, well, had coconut oil, and made green juice for today, and a cuppa of broth with 1/4 cup yam mushed in. Fingers crossed.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Week 2 report

Wt 213 down from 216.3 (-3.3) I also dropped 3.5 inches. No binges or even close calls so far this week, but weekends are my hard times.

I will be doing a W30 for the month of June, so no weigh in until July 1st. I am trying to break a scale obsession. I will still do the 5:2 protocol, but with only Paleo approved foods. For me this means dropping dairy, artificial sweeteners and cured meats.

I guess next week, I will report on how I am feeling, binges, etc.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67