Page 118 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 118

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey, sounds like you had a good day.

Alright, second DD today, green juice, coconut oil, broth and a treat dinner of 2 apricots, almond butter and cocoa nibs for me. The new coconut oil oil I bought is completely flavorless (expelled, organic), so did not have to hold my nose to eat it Shangri-la style, lol. Been ripening these apricots since Saturday, they are just about ready and smelled divine yesterday. Yay.

The only trick is to serve supper to my folks. I am taking my kiddo to her fitness assessment and then to the swimming class after work, brow-beated husband into coming to get some treadmill/pool time in (that's the only things he would do. Go figure. If I were a man, I would not be able to leave the bloody weights room!). Anyway, I put a roast in the slowcooker this morning before going to work, but I need to make a side. I have a couple of boiled beats, so I still need to grate them, chop in nuts, add spinach and make mayo for my folks salad. Nuts and spinach are not a concern, but beats and the resulted salad are tempting. I guess I will have to do super speed-grating when super-hungry and exhausted, because I am guaranteed to be half-dead by the time we are out of the pool. Even if we can get out at 7, we won't be home until 7:15, and 8 pm is when I drop into bed to get up by 4 am the next day.... Hungry and tired is a bad, bad combination.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Still here, just been very busy lately.

I have fallen into a routine of fish and cooked greens on my Down Days that I really like. Satisfies my hunger, and is plain enough that my brain doesn't get all excited and started thinking about treats. But I do enjoy the tastes.

I have another busy weekend coming up, with three days away from home. Two of them will be Down Days. I am planning on canned sardines, but can think of no good greens substitute that I can eat cold and will require minimal refrigeration. I may end up going for some raw vegetables.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Sprouts are awesome with sardines or even better herring (foodgasm!), and are sold in small containers if you have access to a basic grocery store.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Weighed 203.6 after my dd this morning, gives me hope ill have at least a 1lb loss this week. Had a slightly higher dd, 640 cals, because I came home late and was super hungry but seems to have worked out. Today's ud will include a kimchi omelette with bacon , chili and "corn" bread, and a cauliflower sausage bacon pizza. Yay for UD's!

Pg tests still negative
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not doing good this week. Sunday I had a family graduation party, Instead of cake my mom (thanks mom) served Blueberries with fresh whipped cream! but I ate SO much of it. Well deserved... but I totally went over my calories that day. It also included a tun of cheese, meatballs, coleslaw. it was very delicious regardless So I went back on track with a DD Monday. Tuesday yesterday I was SOOO hungry... I know it was because of al the sugar I had. Last night I would of has a woosh!! but instead of stopping I ate a piece of paleo brownies I made. I know I couldn't stop because I had a horrible FAIL yesterday making chicken in a crockpot. I was so excited about it ALL day. It was boring and too healthy and bland tasting... lol. I don't think chicken in a crock pot is tasty unless it's soup or has cream/cheese in it! probably only better with red meat or pork. So of course I didn't have anything else to eat in the fridge and it was my UD!! eating paleo brownies instead is just NOT cool, but I did it I was so hungry.
    I had a famous PALEO-ite look at my tracker on Sunday. She did give me some insight on how to tweak my food for better results. She told me I wasn't getting in enough protein and I was actually having too much fat. She asked for me to try 2 week with higher protein and a little less fat and see what happens.. I'm going to do this starting tomorrow since I epically failed at cooking and getting my meals together yesterday.

Vio, which cauliflower recipe do you use? All the ones I have tried I do NOT like. I end up making a tapico//coconut flour one.
    I'd love to go back to a vegetable base!
    Last edited by Yoga11; 05-29-2013 at 07:40 AM.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Oh man that looks good! I don't have a food processor, nor a place to store it, but I saw some alternate suggestions in the comments so I may just have to try that pizza!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm on my second week and feeling great. I love the mental clarity of DDs.
    I hit a new low weight today, but I will not report it yet because official weigh in day is Friday.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Congrats! I have to say that I am loving ADF/JUDDD!!! My weight reached a new low this morning as well, so did my waist measurement. But that's probably because all I ate yesterday was a couple pieces of broccoli. I got pretty hungry in the afternoon, which is when I ate the broccoli. Then I had to work until 9 pm, and I wasn't even hungry when I got home so I just took my vitamins and went to bed.

I don't seem to have much appetite today either, but that's probably just because I'm kind of sleep deprived. Sleep deprivation is the only reliable way to kill my appetite, but I don't deprive myself of sleep intentionally because sleep deprivation is obviously really unhealthy. But last night couldn't be helped. Have a work deadline today.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!!! New lows are so very fun!

I have my annual exam today and must fast for the blood work, so I'm making it a down day. I'll take a huge bottle of electrolyte water with me to drink on the way home, then stop at Target for some shopping, then try to wait as long as possible to eat anything. I've lost some of my appetite suppression, so I am already hungry, but it will go away and knowing that I CAN'T eat makes it doable, lol.

Doctor will be shocked at how much weight I've gained since I saw her last year. I hate to tell her that I've ALREADY lost 12 pounds, lol. Today is my annual wellness exam which will include bloodwork. I'm fasting for the testing so I'll just make this a down day and try to go as long as possible without eating. I'm still hungrier than normal and so haven't reached that appetite suppression I had hoped for but since I CAN'T eat for most of the morning, it's a good day to jump back in.

But, I've made a lot of positive changes since the beginning of this year and I think she'll be pleased with that. I've also decided to cut back on my computer time by quitting a Facebook game I was playing...this will give me TONS more time to do something active, lol. That may be as simple as cleaning the house, but it may also be some real activity.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter