Page 117 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1569

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 117

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanes View Post
    Jumping in, been following this thread, love it by the way. I started out doing the fast 5 4 weeks ago until I read PK's fasting protocal so for the last 2 weeks I've been fasting 24hrs daily (one meal a day, dinner) and 40 hr fast from Sunday to Tuesday evening. I've lost 6.5 pounds in 3 weeks! Yay. :0). I've been primal for about a year but haven't lost much weight. I'm 5 7" started at 174 and now down to 167.5. I find this WOE exceptionally easy. I've not slept so good in years. Hoping all this good continues. Thanks for letting me join in on such a great group of people. Chow!
    Thats exactly where i am, and what i am doing. I haven't done the 40 hour fast yet. maybe next Monday. I find it relatively easy to do, so long as i eat primally. I add carbs, and then i feel hungry. I hope I have good results with this. I expect to.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Think portion size and slow eating. Always take less food than your eyes tell you you need, and force yourself to chew slowly and put the utensil down between bites. Ask yourself when you are approaching half done whether you are still hungry, and if the answer is "no", give yourself permission to stop eating.
    This is good. really good. Thanks. Conscious eating huh?
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Think portion size and slow eating. Always take less food than your eyes tell you you need, and force yourself to chew slowly and put the utensil down between bites. Ask yourself when you are approaching half done whether you are still hungry, and if the answer is "no", give yourself permission to stop eating.
    This is really good advice. I can make myself lose a bit of weight if I just stuck to the above. I have to be super vigilant because my instinct is to wolf down my food. So sometimes I'll start eating really fast and then catch myself and force myself to slow down.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Holy cow, I am down another pound overnight after a fast day. I think it is because I didn't overeat yesterday (<2100 cal) and again, not sneaking in extra UDs. After 17 lbs dropped (in 52 days), I am starting to visually see the changes in my body now.

Made a delicious 424 kcal veggie scramble with some soft goat cheese on top for the DD meal today. I think I will eat some fresh fruit for a snack with the remaining calories.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Elkay~ you are on fire!

Well my maintainence day turned into a full up day, they actually made real food at the bbq , not hot dogs and hamburgers like I was expecting. I had some some carne asada topped with guacamole,a drumstick ,and fruit. I figured it to be almost 1000 cals which would have been perfect but by the time we got home at 6 I was very hungry .so I just heated up some chili I made the other day with my "corn" bread muffins and even later snacked on ham, cream cheese and pickle roll ups. And guess what? I'm actually down .4 from yesterday lol! It's nice to know two UD's in a row won't decimate my progress! Today is my dd so that means I won't weigh till Friday and that will complete my 2nd month on ADF. weighed 205.4 this morning, which is only .8 up since my weigh in so I'm thinking I might actually squeak in a small loss this week. We shall see.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Not a bad dd for me yesterday, but a huge fatigue/tearful drain in the early afternoon. Amazing how a few bites of food though fixes that. Overall, just under 1,000 cals, not as ace as planned, but with the 3 dd planned this week, I am thinking it is a good amount of calories. I think my strategy of having my dd as 'treat foods' days instead of eating minuscule amounts of proper food works wonders for me. It is much easier than when I did it with Ultimate Diet and basically stuck to tuna, egg whites and shiritake noodles.

Slept like a log, but had to down a can of tuna before going lifting this morning.

One downside of the DDs is slow recovery. My body was very sore and stiff yesterday after Sunday hap-ki-do class and gardening, and still sore this morning, despite mucho stretching. Skipped a run yesterday, just walked & edged in the garden. I know I have to add steam room/cold water on the DDs, but gardening is REALLY fast-paced now....
    Last edited by Leida; 05-28-2013 at 07:23 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone, I'm back (remember me, lol). As I said before I left on my mini vacation, I never really fully got back on track after my vacation a couple of weeks ago. I've been slowly eating more and more sugary carbs and that has definitely affected my appetite supression. I think I did reasonably well eating (as in not eating to excess and trying to make reasonable food choices given the situation) but I can definitely tell the cravings are back, though not very strong.

I got back late Sunday night and Sunday and Monday were probably my "worst" days food wise. So, I've decided to do LCHF for a couple of days to get the appetite supression back under control, then on Thursday I have a doctor's appointment which requires a fast, so I'll make that my first down day. I'm even going to try to schedule another appointment for that day so that I won't have time to eat until later in the day, lol.

Another goal this week is to really focus on getting more exercise into my days. I've really been lazy about that and I definitely need the combo of diet and exercise to lose weight. My doctor will be horrified when she sees me on Thursday, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    It's nice to know two UD's in a row won't decimate my progress! Today is my dd so that means I won't weigh till Friday and that will complete my 2nd month on ADF. weighed 205.4 this morning, which is only .8 up since my weigh in so I'm thinking I might actually squeak in a small loss this week. We shall see.
    awesome!! I really love experiencing something and you get an unexpected result!! Woohoo

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    252dip~ sounds like your on your way to getting yourself back on track.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Veronica!

I stuck to my plan today and ended up with under 40 g of carbs and over 100 g of fat. I got out and did a nice walk around the neighborhood for my exercise.

Dinner was fried liverwurst, lol. Every time I eat it I think "this would be good fried", it really was. Fried it in a little garlic butter. I wasn't sure it would hold up, but it did.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html