Page 116 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 116

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have a question for all the ADF'ers:

In July I'm going home with boyfriend to his parents house for 10 days (O - M - G) I know I know.. it's WAY to long.. They are mid westerners who don't understand that I can't eat bread, pasta, fried foods. I'm SO nervous about them not liking me because "I'm so different" I don't want them to think I'm being rude. How do I handle this?? I'm going to go to the grocery store the minute we land to get things I CAN eat. uGH.

For July I'm going to have to go OFF ADF, I wont have the comfort of my home and my own "things" most of the month... I want to maintain, until I can hop back on in August. I'm not sure what calories I go by... for maintenance. I'm great at sticking to maintenance rules, but I need some advice
    I'm 162, 5'5'' and UD: 2100 DD:500.

How do I maintain after ADF? is it by calories? is it by carbs? (how many?)
    I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts. Thanks ALL.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Think portion size and slow eating. Always take less food than your eyes tell you you need, and force yourself to chew slowly and put the utensil down between bites. Ask yourself when you are approaching half done whether you are still hungry, and if the answer is "no", give yourself permission to stop eating.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    I have a question for all the ADF'ers:

In July I'm going home with boyfriend to his parents house for 10 days (O - M - G) I know I know.. it's WAY to long.. They are mid westerners who don't understand that I can't eat bread, pasta, fried foods. I'm SO nervous about them not liking me because "I'm so different" I don't want them to think I'm being rude. How do I handle this?? I'm going to go to the grocery store the minute we land to get things I CAN eat. uGH.

For July I'm going to have to go OFF ADF, I wont have the comfort of my home and my own "things" most of the month... I want to maintain, until I can hop back on in August. I'm not sure what calories I go by... for maintenance. I'm great at sticking to maintenance rules, but I need some advice
    I'm 162, 5'5'' and UD: 2100 DD:500.

How do I maintain after ADF? is it by calories? is it by carbs? (how many?)
    I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts. Thanks ALL.
    Yoga~ correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't wheat make you ill? It's as simple as that, tell the parents you're allergic or react badly and they should understand. Idk how you maintain after ADF I think people still do a variation of ud/dd just have higher cals on their dd's. the Judd's calc let's you calculate maintainence cals for your dd's.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

elkay7 is offline Member
    Weighed in today and I am down 2 lbs this week, for a total of 16 lbs over the last 7 weeks. I feel like my progress is back on track without any double UDs in the past couple of weeks.

I went to the natural market and bought some different non-grain flours/meals and coconut & avocado oil and am going to start weening myself to more primal food. Also ate the bison steak we got there---so good. I wish it were easier to find bison steaks.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have maintained to an ounce this weigh-in, so that's good. Normal 2 lbs gain over the weekend (plus earlier weigh in), no binging at all.

I plan to do 3 days this week, at ~ 800 cals (but anything under 1000 cals is good) with coconut oil, juice and broth and a treat supper (almond butter with cocoa nibs and fruit). Again, will be happy to maintain, but a bit of a loss will be sweet. Today is a DD, planned about 700 cals. I am itching to go for a run at lunch, but I also need to run some chores after work and mow/edge the lawn, so we'll see.

Weight to beat this week is 132 lbs.

I went to the natural market and bought some different non-grain flours/meals and coconut & avocado oil and am going to start weening myself to more primal food. Also ate the bison steak we got there---so good. I wish it were easier to find bison steaks.
    Sounds like a good shopping!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    Weighed in today and I am down 2 lbs this week, for a total of 16 lbs over the last 7 weeks. I feel like my progress is back on track without any double UDs in the past couple of weeks.

Congrats! Sounds like you are on your way to becoming primal!
    Veronica

Leida~ hope you make you goal!

Ok so today is the bbq, I'm thinking I'm just going to go and see what they've got, if there's anything that looks good and primal ill have some, if everything looks like junk ill respectfully decline and just wait to have dinner when I get home. I went onto the Judd site and calculated maintenance cals for a dd and you can do it at different percentages so a dd at 50% maintainence for me is 1022 cals. So figure if that's what I need to do ill do it and hope to at least maintain. The other problem was alcohol which we all know causes me to gain nearly 2 lbs overnight, but I'm just going to skip it because I could be pregnant anyways, makes it easier to pass on. I really hope I am, had another night where I feel asleep super early and on top of that I've been very moody which is unusual for me, my poor husband lol!
    Veronica

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Wow, fingers crossed for you, Vlo... baby dust!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Leida~ hope you make you goal!

Ok so today is the bbq, I'm thinking I'm just going to go and see what they've got, if there's anything that looks good and primal ill have some, if everything looks like junk ill respectfully decline and just wait to have dinner when I get home. I went onto the Judd site and calculated maintenance cals for a dd and you can do it at different percentages so a dd at 50% maintainence for me is 1022 cals. So figure if that's what I need to do ill do it and hope to at least maintain. The other problem was alcohol which we all know causes me to gain nearly 2 lbs overnight, but I'm just going to skip it because I could be pregnant anyways, makes it easier to pass on. I really hope I am, had another night where I feel asleep super early and on top of that I've been very moody which is unusual for me, my poor husband lol!
    I think thats a great idea. I like the way you are going about it. If I were you tho.. because I know how you are with the scale... just put it away for a couple days.. I'm sure you will maintain or be pleasantly surprised, I just don't want to see you go crazayyy for that. have fun!!

Fingers crossed for you! <3

you are right about the site and looking at the maintenance %. that's what I'll have to do.
    Last edited by Yoga11; 05-27-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Yoga~ correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't wheat make you ill? It's as simple as that, tell the parents you're allergic or react badly and they should understand. Idk how you maintain after ADF I think people still do a variation of ud/dd just have higher cals on their dd's. the Judd's calc let's you calculate maintainence cals for your dd's.
    Yes, it does make me REALLY ill. Last time I was so embarrassed of my eating that I ate it anyway (to not be rude) and I was sick the whole time. Ok, I realized how horrible and silly this makes me. It's weird because I find myself to be a confident person, but in that area of eating I'm not (where I live and my friends here in California I am fine because it's excepted more). I need to start speaking the love I have for myself and the way I eat!