Page 115 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1540

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 115

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    https://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29011.html

Just checking in to let you all know that i have lost 6 pounds in as many days following the fast 5 method. I find it much easier (for myself) than the ADF. It also seems to make sense to me to give my body a full break from food (for my colitis) The 5 hour eating window is really easy. I get a little hungry some days, but it doesn't last long. Knowing Im going to eat, and eat well, until i am full really makes the difference for me.

The above link is where i am aiming. I dont think I will have any problem with it either. i am going to start moving to one meal a day monday coming. If you read the link he explains about the full rest from digestion, and i think thats what my illness requires.

It also feels right to have "plan" of attack. On the weekend I ate 3 pieces of chessecake (yes, you read that correctly) and didn't gain an ounce. ~didnt lose either but........
    Last edited by TerriAnn; 05-24-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

On my UDs I am aiming for 75-100carbs as recommended by Mark for weight loss. This should also help with hormonal balance even with the periodic Fast Days. Part of the reason I am not full keto anymore is that it did not stop my binge eating disorder. Both Julia Ross and Elizabeth Schwarzbein believe that women need a min amount of healthy carb to stay in balance and that binging is often due to hormonal imbalance. Part of my 5:2 N=1 will be to track my binge behavior.
    Pebbles, some of us have found that eating very low carb causes us to binge. When I was doing VLC, I was basically doing a cyclic ketogenic diet. So two days of fat fast to get me into ketosis quickly, followed by three days of Atkins induction-style diet, followed by a carb refeed on the weekends. 75% of the time, those refeeds turned into binges. I haven't binged since I stopped eating VLC, and I haven't binged on JUDDD/ADF. But I did have a 3-month recovery time during which I didn't restrict or count anything so when I started JUDDD, I was starting fresh, basically.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, Veronica! Wow, 3 pounds a week is pretty awesome! And TerriAnn, congrats on your success with fast 5. I tried that about a year ago, but it didn't really work for me because of my ability to consume a whole day's worth of food in 5 hours.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Pebbles, some of us have found that eating very low carb causes us to binge. When I was doing VLC, I was basically doing a cyclic ketogenic diet. So two days of fat fast to get me into ketosis quickly, followed by three days of Atkins induction-style diet, followed by a carb refeed on the weekends. 75% of the time, those refeeds turned into binges. I haven't binged since I stopped eating VLC, and I haven't binged on JUDDD/ADF. But I did have a 3-month recovery time during which I didn't restrict or count anything so when I started JUDDD, I was starting fresh, basically.
    I was essentially doing something similar, but not on purpose. I had the binge eating disorder long before I tried NK. NK actually helped me cut down from binging half the month to just a few days. I have concluded, that for me binging is a combination of hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiency with emotional upset being the trigger. I was eating a solid keto plan every day until a day I would binge and thereby get a carb refeed. Since NK did not stop the binges, and the low carb to super high carb eating messed with my meds and hypoglycemia, I decided to take what I learned and move on.
    With my personalized 5:2 plan I am moving back to a more balanced Primal program with periodic planned IFs. So my body gets the benefit of keto level carbs on DDs but enough carbs for hormonal balance on UDs.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    It's my last steak and tomato DD (3rd complete) I weigh in tomorrow morning. Eeeeeeeek! I'm excited and nervous.
    I'm SOOOOO hungry. I already ate my dinner and I could still eat a whole entire wheel of sharp cheddar with a nice big plate of crispy apples. UGH! The warrior in me in saying, " YOGA you don't need food, you WANT food, that doesn't mean you HAVE to have it" Am I dying? NO. I can do this! The WARRIOR is out

Alright! Good morning! the results of week 4
    starting weight 4 weeks ago: 165.6, todays weight: 162.2 A total loss of 3.4 lbs!
    Week 2 and 3 I had small .5 or .4 loses... Today was a 1.5 loss! I could even see the scale almost going to 161.5.
    I really do need to get a new scale... mine is digital and has been tossed around a while for the last 10 years...
    Week 4 all my down days were Steak and Tomato days, which is an HCG protocol for plateau. Even thought I wasn't plateauing I still wanted to shake things up. I felt amazing! I have better sleep, more energy, etc. I really really liked the steak and tomato DD. I think I'm going to do it again in week 6! give it a break keep my body shaking it up.
    I am super happy with my results. I am however surprised that I'm not losing more quicker, but when I think about it. My personal average weight I usually am is 152, which means i'm 10 pounds from what my body is use to being. I got to 168 because of the holidays ( I was NOT primal, didn't listen to my body, ate that way for 2 months! I'm NEVER doing that EVER again I really hurt my body) and I never got it off and thats why I'm here now The best part is I don't feel I'm depreiving myself! I swear Primal changed my life. I have what I want it's just primal friendly. It's SO WONDERFUL. I feel more in-touch with my body then ever before.
    I am strong and muscly, so 150 at 5'5'' actually looks small~on me, Don't be fooled by numbers that way! Plus, I don't really need to be smaller then that. Thats my happy weight. I always wanted to be 140, but I realized that it would have to come naturally. I can't stress about getting to that weight, I don't think it's worth it. So, 10 pounds to go! I'm SO much closer then where I was. This is SO great!
    Last edited by Yoga11; 05-25-2013 at 07:48 AM.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the loss yoga! I think you have good realistic goals!

Today has been a horrendously hard dd for me, just very hungry had dinner at 5 and I'm still hungry. I also just realized i rsvp to a grill out on monday and its my dd so do i try to just eat lunch as my 1 meal? my husband just said to have two ud's but after such a great loss this week im scared of gaining. :/ blah! wonder why some dd's are a breeze and others are hard? Do you think it has to do with what you eat on your ud the day before? I'm hoping for me my sudden intense hunger means I'm pregnant lol! I was super tired and went to bed really early yesterday which was also weird, cross your fingers for me can't test for another 5 days.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Congratulations Yoga.

Hoping for good news for you Veronica.

I am doing a DD today. I may end up doing 4:3 on some weeks. I need my DDs to be set days (TU,TH, sometimes SU) due to my work out schedule.

And I have to report that I binged yesterday My worst binge days are always on the weekends when I am off from work. Saturday is my huge workout day. 1 hr LHT, 1 hr cardio kick class. I also cleaned in my basement for 2 hrs. Something in the gym schedule has got to give. (Cardio, Duh)
    I was exhausted and hungry all day yesterday. I ate good food and avoided the binge in the afternoon, but suddenly started out of control eating at 8pm. Up 2 lbs today.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles~ sorry about your binge I can get periods where I feel the need to binge too, I think it was way worse for me when I was following SAD diets. It was easier to give In to the urge then, now that I'm primal I don't often feel that way but there are days that are tough. I think with ADF I reason that tomorrow is when I can "splurge" so to speak so it helps.

Today I weighed 204.4, so that another .2 down but I honestly think I'm going to have a week where I either maintain or even go up a little, last weeks loss was so big, almost too big , that I feel like I won't lose for awhile again :/ we'll see. Made my self a green smoothie just now with 28 carbs( from fruit and yogurt) and it was so good, I'd really been vigilant this week on the carbs so I think I needed to replenish a bit. Have a nice ud planned, grass fed hot dogs w/ sauerkraut and cold slaw for lunch, chili from the primal blueprint cookbook for dinner with this "corn bread" Cornbread {using almond & coconut flour} | Comfy Belly. I've made it before and I really think it tasted a lot like cornbread, I make it in a muffin tin and it freezes and defrosts great!

Still don't know what I'm going to do for the grill out tomorrow......guess Ill play it by ear :/
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Today I weighed 204.4, so that another .2 down but I honestly think I'm going to have a week where I either maintain or even go up a little, last weeks loss was so big, almost too big , that I feel like I won't lose for awhile again :/ we'll see. Made my self a green smoothie just now with 28 carbs( from fruit and yogurt) and it was so good, I'd really been vigilant this week on the carbs so I think I needed to replenish a bit. Have a nice ud planned, grass fed hot dogs w/ sauerkraut and cold slaw for lunch, chili from the primal blueprint cookbook for dinner with this "corn bread" Cornbread {using almond & coconut flour} | Comfy Belly. I've made it before and I really think it tasted a lot like cornbread, I make it in a muffin tin and it freezes and defrosts great!

Still don't know what I'm going to do for the grill out tomorrow......guess Ill play it by ear :/
    Vio, sometimes that woosh hits and sometimes it might be just .2 (like today for you), but it's a win either way. Even if a week does go by. Like I was saying in my last post... the stress about possible not losing or it not being "real" is worse then just taking it where you are and saying.. "I've lost weight, lets keep it up the good work". PLus, all these delicious recipes you always share are amazing!! can I come over to eat?!?!? hehe You get to eat what you want and you are losing! i'd be happy maintaining eating always want I wanted. I guess thats why I like ADF so much. I eat what I really want on UP. it's a great trade off. anyways, you are doing SOOOOOO great. I know it's easier said then done, but try to not stress and let ADF just roll how it does for your body... it will come off you have seen the results! if you body ever needs a slower week (maybe it's for a good reason, but your body can't verbally tell you) who knows! good job VIO!

also, I did a carb reload before my 3 steak and tomato DD's. The carb reload day really helped me.