Page 114 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 114

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks guys!

Sugarfree~I like HFLC and think it works well with ADF or 5:2. I eat 65% fat, 25% protein, 10 % carb and find I'm most satiated with more than half my calories coming from fat.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome inspiration vlo1125! Great work.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
    Off to vacation in Mexico next week. I am going to avoid the wheat crap because that does make me feel sick, but don't know how the rest of my choices will go..
    Good luck on a gluten-free Mexican stay. You may have to work extra hard on avoiding wheat. I gave up on the idea of authentic Mexican food. Most of the authentic recipes I have seen have flour in either the sauces or the fillings or both.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Total lost for week #7 of ADF 5.8 lbs!!!! .
    UM HELLO!! WOW WOW !! congrats!! SO AMAZING!!

I'm guessing.. no bananas this last week??

elkay7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Again, from Canadian experience, where we can't get raw except for cheese, I would check out cheese selection.
    America also has a lot of restrictions on cheese/milk. In some states it isn't even legal. You can only really get raw milk or cheese directly from farmers. Also, if you have you seen "American cheese"... it isn't technically cheese and cannot be marketed as cheese, only as "cheese product" and is more like a sheet of rubber.

Also, Veronica - WOW! Congrats on showing that scale who is the boss!
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Good luck on a gluten-free Mexican stay. You may have to work extra hard on avoiding wheat. I gave up on the idea of authentic Mexican food. Most of the authentic recipes I have seen have flour in either the sauces or the fillings or both.
    I visit Mexico every few years, and it's pretty easy to stay gluten free. Every street corner seems to have bags of fruit and vegetables with lime squeezed over them. If you are ok with tortillas, most real Mexican tortillas are just corn. So that lets you eat at most taco stands. If concerned about eating corn, then most markets have entrees that include just meat and veggies, and they have a variety of stews and soups.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    America also has a lot of restrictions on cheese/milk. In some states it isn't even legal. You can only really get raw milk or cheese directly from farmers.
    I live in one of those states. I would have to drive several hours to buy raw milk at a farm. So of course I never have.

Also, if you have you seen "American cheese"... it isn't technically cheese and cannot be marketed as cheese, only as "cheese product" and is more like a sheet of rubber.
    I think this depends. There are a lot of different product standards out there which require different labeling for different products.

I recall an older woman who used to whine to me that somebody ought to take the butterfat out of cheese and replace it with (healthier?) oil. And I would tell her they did, it's called Velveeta!

My late ex-mother-in-law used to shop at a store that had a store brand Velveeta knock-off product, called "imitation pasteurized processed cheese food". Right.

bhanes is offline Member
    Wow vlo1125 great job....so much inspiration here!! Been doing well so far, this weekend is going to be a challenge though. Family (kids & grandkids) coming for the long weekend and everyone will be wanting to eat and drink. I'm going to diffenately stick to Primal but I think my fasting will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday and start again. I guess that is what is great about this WOE if you take a couple days off you just get right back to it! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    In some states it isn't even legal.
    In Canada it is illegal in its entirety. The only product allowed to have raw milk is cheese that had been aged for over whatever days (some hard cheeses). Most cheeses sold here are revolting eraser type as well. That's why I would check out organic, raw selection in a store for a cheese that tastes like cheese.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Veronica!!!

I've been super busy at work and haven't had a spare moment to post...and I'm off again on a little mini vacation to Palm Desert tomorrow, so it will be a few more days before I'm back regularly. I've given up the ADF until I get back. I never really got back on track from my vacation a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not overeating so haven't gained.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter