Page 113 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 113

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    what are you eating on your down days? (i'm always curious!)

Welcome both of you!
    Thanks for the welcome!

On Down Days, I eat 1 meal, dinner. With 4oz of meat, a salad with OO & V plus 1/2 an avocado, and a coffee with 2 tbsp HWC. I am choosing to make my one meal ketogenic because I don't want to spike my insulin after a fast of nearly 24 hrs. I have just come off a 5 month experiment with nutritional ketosis. I am using the best of what I learned through that on my DDs.

On my UDs I am aiming for 75-100carbs as recommended by Mark for weight loss. This should also help with hormonal balance even with the periodic Fast Days. Part of the reason I am not full keto anymore is that it did not stop my binge eating disorder. Both Julia Ross and Elizabeth Schwarzbein believe that women need a min amount of healthy carb to stay in balance and that binging is often due to hormonal imbalance. Part of my 5:2 N=1 will be to track my binge behavior.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    uice and broth went well till about 2:30 pm. Hunger hit hard, and I was glad to be at the dentist. Hunger lessened after 4:30 pm, but still, despite the foot bath, I ate almond butter with cocoa nibs and tea, a small apple and 6 oz blackberries in the evening. Faught the best I could what I ate into Fitday, got some 870 cals, which is about minimal I ingested before on one day (below 1000 is always a HUGE challenge). Went for a walk, ~ 50 min or so, swam for 35 min and did BW static squatting for like 20 min or so the way the book recommended for a Red Juice Day/Chakra #1...)

Doing the same today (but today's juice color is Orange, and I am cutting out one tbsp of oil, since juice is more plentiful), though having a supper of warm mushed cauliflower and an egg + a piece of fruit. Or maybe exactly the same thing as yesterday.

Minus 2 lbs on the scale this morning, which gives me a hope to pull a maintain this week on my Saturday weigh in (need 132 lbs, was 133 lbs, but 2 hrs earlier than I weigh in on Sat). Fingers crossed I don't have to record another gain!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    5:2 Week 1 Report

Starting wt. 223.4 Today 217.3 -6.1 Don't get too excited, I am re losing weight I lost on a Nutritional Ketosis plan. Still up 1.5 from NK low of 215.8.

I seem to be able to lose weight as well on this plan as on NK with less of a deprived feeling. Too early to tell if my binge eating disorder will improve. The nice thing is that if I binge I can just call it an UP Day...Like way the heck UP.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Any Paleo ingredients I should get from the health/natural food store?

I was lucky enough to win a gift card to a natural food market and I wanted to use the opportunity to stock up on some primal ingredients that are hard to find at regular grocery stores so Zach and I can try to eat more Paleo.

So far on my list I have coconut butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, raw honey, and these Paleo Krunch bars my officemate loves. Any suggestions?
    Everything you have listed is available in Superstore, here in Canada, which is a big supermarket. The things that I buy in an Organic store are stuff like Hymalian salt, raw macadamia and Brazil nuts, seaweed (though Asian T&T supermarket carry that too) and non-homogenized milk for my daughter. I have never bought coconut sugar, but that's only available in specialty store here, and one thing that is not available, but I wish it was, and I would suggest you check the market for is coconut aminos that can be used instead fo soy sauce.

Again, from Canadian experience, where we can't get raw except for cheese, I would check out cheese selection.

And, id I were treating myself - game meat. I love game meat, but only get a small piece or two a year from the hunters in the building, lol!

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    uice and broth went well till about 2:30 pm. Hunger hit hard, and I was glad to be at the dentist. Hunger lessened after 4:30 pm, but still, despite the foot bath, I ate almond butter with cocoa nibs and tea, a small apple and 6 oz blackberries in the evening. Faught the best I could what I ate into Fitday, got some 870 cals, which is about minimal I ingested before on one day (below 1000 is always a HUGE challenge). Went for a walk, ~ 50 min or so, swam for 35 min and did BW static squatting for like 20 min or so the way the book recommended for a Red Juice Day/Chakra #1...)

Doing the same today (but today's juice color is Orange, and I am cutting out one tbsp of oil, since juice is more plentiful), though having a supper of warm mushed cauliflower and an egg + a piece of fruit. Or maybe exactly the same thing as yesterday.

Minus 2 lbs on the scale this morning, which gives me a hope to pull a maintain this week on my Saturday weigh in (need 132 lbs, was 133 lbs, but 2 hrs earlier than I weigh in on Sat). Fingers crossed I don't have to record another gain!
    Forgive me if you explained this but what's with the juice? Isn't that going to cause a blood sugar spike and hunger? Or does the oil attempt to combat this? I think you'd feel fuller if you ate on dd's (protein, fats, veg) instead of drink your cals no?
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

I am using juices from the 7 day cleanse book, 1-2 cups of a different color each day, 1 cup of green one. I have no desire to go for 7 days straight. The juice is mostly vegetable, and taking oil and broth stabilizes the blood sugar. Plus, the book has creative inspirations, yoga and a beauty treatment that helps with destructing from hunger. AND you drink something every few hours, you can't afford to eat every few hours on low cal solids. I can't take long hours with no food & once I start eating, I binge.

It is very New-Agey, but why the heck not, since fasting in the conventional way, like Fast 5, IF, fat fasts did not work for me? I did low cal days on protein/fat, and they were miserable.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I am using juices from the 7 day cleanse book, 1-2 cups of a different color each day, 1 cup of green one. I have no desire to go for 7 days straight. The juice is mostly vegetable, and taking oil and broth stabilizes the blood sugar. Plus, the book has creative inspirations, yoga and a beauty treatment that helps with destructing from hunger. AND you drink something every few hours, you can't afford to eat every few hours on low cal solids. I can't take long hours with no food & once I start eating, I binge.

It is very New-Agey, but why the heck not, since fasting in the conventional way, like Fast 5, IF, fat fasts did not work for me? I did low cal days on protein/fat, and they were miserable.
    Ahhh I see, ok cool well keep it up and let us know how it goes!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

I will I looked through the book, and I have no interest in the blue, dark blue and violet juices - they are basically blueberry smoothies. So, I will be doing red and orange one week, and yellow and green the other week. If it goes well, I want to add a third, green day when I feel like it. I also really want to pair it with yoga, meditation, swimming and sauna.

AmyP is offline Member
    Hello and welcome to new posters (even though I am semi-new too!)

I LIKE this plan! Finally have a loss on the scale. Down 3lbs for the week. I'll happily take that as I have struggled to not gain lately. DDs seem to go okay, I like a meal.. I think I need to feel full once a day, so I save calories until dinner. I wonder if my emergency cucumber or pickle that I sometimes need during the day count? I also drink coffee with almond milk in the morning. A girl can only take so much..

Off to vacation in Mexico next week. I am going to avoid the wheat crap because that does make me feel sick, but don't know how the rest of my choices will go..

And congrats V....that loss is awesome and motivational!

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Total lost for week #7 of ADF 5.8 lbs!!!!
    Wow, congratulation I crossed fingers for you.

I think that I'll allow few more weeks in HFLC protocol to my body and then I'll combine it with 5:2. This week no weight loss so far, some bouncing up and down. Maybe tomorrow... So far 20 days, 2,5 kg down and probably some loss before that (I haven't have a scale). Don't get me wrong, I'm patient and I know that I have to nourish my body well, but with that large weight I have to lose - I hoped for little faster progress.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase