Page 112 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 112

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE

Question: I'm not sure what you mean when you say, " Repair/recycle to growth" which do you want on? what do you mean by growth?

but what I'm getting at with this, is that... it's about letting your body get away from insulin, thats why having only 1 meal on a DD is important... I totally get that. makes sense.[/QUOTE]

You want both. Growth adds muscle, organ and benefical cells, it helps you become better at what you did today whether its working out or learning a new language. Repair/recycle gets rid of old cells, precancerous cells, and goes after any sources of inflammation.

The problem is the majority of us, myself included, has spent the majority of time in the growth phase because of carbs and snacks.
    Last edited by Bobert; 05-23-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Chiming in for the first time.
    I am doing the 5:2 protocol (5UD,2DD). I am choosing to eat Primal allowed foods even though some 5:2 peeps do it with SAD as do the JUDDD gang.
    I am almost at the end of my first week. Today is a DD and I am really hungry. Much more so than on Tuesday. My DD are zero cals until dinner, then I eat my 500. Really can't wait for dinner...

bhanes is offline Member
    Jumping in, been following this thread, love it by the way. I started out doing the fast 5 4 weeks ago until I read PK's fasting protocal so for the last 2 weeks I've been fasting 24hrs daily (one meal a day, dinner) and 40 hr fast from Sunday to Tuesday evening. I've lost 6.5 pounds in 3 weeks! Yay. :0). I've been primal for about a year but haven't lost much weight. I'm 5 7" started at 174 and now down to 167.5. I find this WOE exceptionally easy. I've not slept so good in years. Hoping all this good continues. Thanks for letting me join in on such a great group of people. Chow!

Strife is offline Member
    I'm on my second DD. Tweaking things from last time, which ended with a massive crash and gorging at the end of the day. I had a cup of coffee with a bit of heavy cream for breakfast/lunch, and will just be enjoying water until dinner time (I've got some salmon I'll be cooking for that). While I'm a little hungry, having the coffee is definitely helping things. I'm not feeling hollowed out like I was last time.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    You want both. Growth adds muscle, organ and benefical cells, it helps you become better at what you did today whether its working out or learning a new language. Repair/recycle gets rid of old cells, precancerous cells, and goes after any sources of inflammation. The problem is the majority of us, myself included, has spent the majority of time in the growth phase because of carbs and snacks.
    Is one of the benefits of ADF and also the 1 meal DD vs. 3 small meals on DD (like u said earlier) giving you more "repair/recycle"?
    thats what you were saying, right?

what you wrote me was very helpful for me to understand a lot better! thanks

I took your advice yesterday, I waited for 1 meal instead. It took be adjusting to that for like 4 weeks... waiting till night for the 1 meal. I could do it pretty easy yesterday, but I couldn't wait til 6. I ate at 4 and was just fine.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I'm on my second DD. Tweaking things from last time, which ended with a massive crash and gorging at the end of the day. I had a cup of coffee with a bit of heavy cream for breakfast/lunch, and will just be enjoying water until dinner time (I've got some salmon I'll be cooking for that). While I'm a little hungry, having the coffee is definitely helping things. I'm not feeling hollowed out like I was last time.
    The Fast-5 protocol, a 19/5 window of eating plan, suggests easing into it by pushing your first meal back gradually. It's okay to take all the time you need. It's not failure.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Chiming in for the first time.
    I am doing the 5:2 protocol (5UD,2DD). I am choosing to eat Primal allowed foods even though some 5:2 peeps do it with SAD as do the JUDDD gang.
    I am almost at the end of my first week. Today is a DD and I am really hungry. Much more so than on Tuesday. My DD are zero cals until dinner, then I eat my 500. Really can't wait for dinner...
    what are you eating on your down days? (i'm always curious!)

Quote Originally Posted by bhanes View Post
    Jumping in, been following this thread, love it by the way. I started out doing the fast 5 4 weeks ago until I read PK's fasting protocal so for the last 2 weeks I've been fasting 24hrs daily (one meal a day, dinner) and 40 hr fast from Sunday to Tuesday evening. I've lost 6.5 pounds in 3 weeks! Yay. :0). I've been primal for about a year but haven't lost much weight. I'm 5 7" started at 174 and now down to 167.5. I find this WOE exceptionally easy. I've not slept so good in years. Hoping all this good continues. Thanks for letting me join in on such a great group of people. Chow!
    Welcome both of you!

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Is one of the benefits of ADF and also the 1 meal DD vs. 3 small meals on DD (like u said earlier) giving you more "repair/recycle"?
    thats what you were saying, right?
    Yes, that repair/recycle is what so many people have been missing.

elkay7 is offline Member
    Any Paleo ingredients I should get from the health/natural food store?

I was lucky enough to win a gift card to a natural food market and I wanted to use the opportunity to stock up on some primal ingredients that are hard to find at regular grocery stores so Zach and I can try to eat more Paleo.

So far on my list I have coconut butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, raw honey, and these Paleo Krunch bars my officemate loves. Any suggestions?
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Total lost for week #7 of ADF 5.8 lbs!!!! You guys I had to weigh myself 8 times on two different scales to believe it! That brings my total lost for the 7 weeks to 21.4 lbs, or an average of 3 lbs a week so far. I really needed that big whoosh as the last 3 weeks I only lost, .4, 1, and then gained .6 respectively. What's crazy is those last 3 weeks I wasn't cheating and I was still doing all my dd's but I had become laxed with adding more primal carbs and not being as vigilant about staying with my ud cals. So little things like that could be making the scale not move.

Almost Every dd this week I had salmon with home made cole slaw for dinner but my ud varied as I like variety. Here my MFP if you want to seevlo1125's profile at MyFitnessPal my food diary .

Elkay~ lucky! Only things I would add is grade b maple syrup, coconut flour, raw almond butter, almond flour. But those are really only necessary if you plan on making any primal desserts. Which I don't make often but I like having the ingredients on hand when I get the urge.
    Last edited by vlo1125; 05-24-2013 at 05:43 AM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy