Page 110 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 110

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Protein can cause an insulin response as well. Protein can deactivate SIRT1. Meal frequency is much more important during these "fast" days then an extra 100 cal.

diene is offline Senior Member
    I've been wondering about this. I crossfit in the morning, and I have a protein shake after crossfit. Then, on down days, I don't eat again until dinner. The protein shake clearly disrupts my fast. Without it, I'll end up with a 20-22 hour fast on these days. With the shake, it's really no fast to speak of. But I'm reluctant to give up the shake because (a) I'm afraid that it will impede my strength gains at crossfit and (b) lifting heavy normally makes me ravenously hungry for protein (meat and eggs) and the shake blunts that hunger, making the DDs more bearable. I've been improving nicely at crossfit, and I really don't want to stop improving, or, worse yet, start regressing. I realize that some muscle loss is inevitable when one is trying to lose weight; however, I'd like to minimize muscle loss. I think that having the shake after crossfit is a good compromise. What do you think?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Serenity- are you getting the weight loss results you want? If so, I wouldn't worry about the shake, unless and until you are not losing any more. Then, it would be a thing to consider. If not, try going without it for a week and see if it makes any difference, both in weight loss and muscle strength.

diene is offline Senior Member
    I'm only a week in so I think it's too early to say whether I'm getting the results I want. I think I'll just keep at it and not change anything for now. Give it at least a month and then re-evaluate. Psychologically, I find this to be really easy. Whether or not it works has yet to be seen. It's possible that I'm simply eating too much on my UDs. But the ability to eat as much as I want on UDs is what's making this so awesome.

Strife is offline Member
    So far so good. I had a roasted red pepper and a little bit of moz cheese in brine. And a lot of water. I'll be nibbling on some olives and feta cheese for dinner tonight. Debating having some coffee versus just sticking to water.

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    If you could substitute a fat for the protein that would ensure that you havent raised your insulin. Coconut oil is perfect for this. Also most protein shakes are designed to raise insulin, such as whey.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was probably one of best down days. I was really stressed out. This time, however, instead of reaching for food, I turned away from it. WIN. I had a tablespoon or so of burrito meat at the end of the day. I have to recover from one of my UDs over the weekend. We were building fence all weekend and on the last day they wanted to go out for lunch. We went to a place where there was literally... no primal food! I wound up having a burger sans the bun and some fries. I was so hungry after working, I really don't remember eating it, I horked it so fast. I am challenging myself to stay off the scale until Sunday. Sometimes I get a little too concerned with it.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
    vlo1125 - I have one of those!!! I tell people she will be an amazing, strong grown woman but getting her there might kill one of us. She can be so fustrating but she also makes me smile a lot because I know she will not be pushed into doing things she doesn't want to do. BUT she also needs to do things she is SUPPOSED to .
    YES! I'm gonna steal your line because I think that's a great way to look at it but right now it's terrible! She got Pre-accepted into a charter school, pending she can handle a two week full day summer readiness kindergarten camp.It's a great school and we would love for her to have the opportunity but at this point were aren't sure she will pass! At the end they let you know whether they feel your child is ready and they told me every year there's at least 2-3 kids that don't make it through, and I've just got this sick feeling mine will be one of them :/

Still going strong here, and I just had to peak at the scale this morning so I didn't even last a week on my no scale ban lol! What I saw was good, very good but I'm not telling you guys till Friday today is an ud and I was thinking of making this Primal Zucchini Lasagna but I don't have a mandolin to get my zucchini that thin so we shall see. On my last ud I made chicken enchiladas and they turned out great but were a little labor intensive because I had to make primal tortillas! Used the recipe for the tortillas Gluten-free, Grain-free Flatbread | the 3volution of j3nn & the art of voluntary living and this recipe for the enchilada sauce and filling Skinny Chicken Enchiladas | Skinnytaste

Happy up day if its your up day, and if its a down down day, push through you can do it!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Another low Down Day for me. I had my standard salmon and greens at about 3:00, then some jello/gelatin at 5:00 and a cafe au lait in the evening while out and about. It felt like a lot of food consumption, but I was only at 300K (420K is my 20% Down Day level).

Looking forward to enjoying some favorites today on my Up Day. I had a bratwurst with some roasted root vegetables and red cabbage this morning. This afternoon I HAVE to drive to our nearest 'wet' town to buy vodka and rum for making my vanilla. My favorite sushi restaurant is in the same town, so I feel it is FATE that I have sashimi again today. And artichokes will be playing a prominent part in my dinner plans. I LOVE artichokes!

This will be my daughter's second Down Day. I hope it goes as she wants. I am trying to be helpful, without being pushy or too interested. It is a fine line. I made her a veggie-heavy lunch, and have her favorite cut up veggies and fruit waiting at home for her, plus some low-cal soup and gelatin. And she's requested my salmon cakes, which will be a nice bit of protein for her.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I got a relatively reasonable cleanse book from the library, that has mostly vegetable juices (different color for each day of the week), one green juice, and potato-based broth as a fasting routine. While I can't see myself doing 7 days in a row, I am going to try the first day, Red tomorrow. Basically, it's two glasses of beet and carrots juice, one glass of celery and apples juice and a couple of cups of broth - I will just throw a couple of potatoes in my turkey bone broth and that should do it. There is a whole bunch of meditations and yoga postures going with it and a foot bath, so I will try to fit in too. I am at the dentist in the worst time of the day for me (2-4 pm) and at work from 5:30-6 amish so if I can power through till bed time without breaking down and eating food, it should be a fast of sorts.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.