Page 109 of 159 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 109

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It was definitely worthwhile. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I am looking a lot leaner. It will be a couple of days before my weight settles down again.

I might do something like it again, but I would have to figure out what I need to have going on with my macros.
    Good to know, thanks for sharing! I will keep it in mind if I continue to have trouble toning up.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So... I think I put on muscle weight? The last three days we've been working HARD putting in fence. Lots of heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, etc. My diet has been just fine, but the scale went up 2 pounds. So... does muscle weight show up that fast if I still have a lot of weight to lose, or am I retaining water weight because I'm working so hard?
    Sorry Gladmorning, but two pounds of gained muscle over a couple of days is just not physically possible - muscle hypertrophy is waaaaay more gradual than that. I suspect it's just water weight - a little swelling around your sore bits. Don't worry, it will go away shortly.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Hey all, doing really well this week keeping my carbs down and not going over my ud cals. I hope my weight come Friday reflects that! I really need to read the alternate day diet book so I can explain what I'm doing and why it has endless health benefits because anytime I explain it to people they are aghast and think I'm starving myself. My BFF why like " omg what are you doing to your blood sugar!" And I was all well I don't eat wheat or other grains and sugars to spike my blood sugar so I'm sure it's better than ever....... Lol! Idk I feel like I'm not informed enough and need to be able to explain this WOE better.but what it really comes down to is its the only thing that broke me through my plateau!

Yoga- congrats on graduating!

I had my daughters Pre-school graduation yesterday and it left me emotional, and not in a good way. She was the only kid who refused to wear the grad cap, then she wouldn't walk on stage and when we finally got her on stage she sat facing sideways and not the audience. She also didnt sing any of the cute songs with her class mates and at one point was sitting on her knees on her chair with her back facing the audience. It was embarrassing she was the only child not participating and it makes me worry she's like this all the time at school and that she's not ready for kindergarten in the fall. Sigh, she's a stubborn strong willed child, resistant to learning and following directions. I constantly 2nd guess having another child because of this but my husband has no such reservations. :/ wish me luck I'm gonna need it!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations, Yoga. That's wonderful.

Strife is offline Member
    Today is my first down day. Wish me luck. Hungry already. xD

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Strife, lol!

I've been struggling a bit with my down days, so mostly they've been medium days. Today is supposed to be a down day and I'm going to try to stick to it, but I'm craving a hot tasty drink (think Starbuck's candy, lol). I've had a little hot chocolate trying to quell the craving, but I think that's just made it worse...sometimes it helps and sometimes it makes it worse. :|

I think I've been eating way too many carbs again and that always sets off more sugar cravings, so I guess I'll have to watch a little more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    guess what everyone?! I graduate tomorrow!
    Congratulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So... I think I put on muscle weight? The last three days we've been working HARD putting in fence. Lots of heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, etc. My diet has been just fine, but the scale went up 2 pounds. So... does muscle weight show up that fast if I still have a lot of weight to lose, or am I retaining water weight because I'm working so hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    I would say you are retaining water in your muscles. After a weights session I often weigh a kilo more the next day - which is about 2 pound. But that's good - it means something is happening repair wise and you are getting stronger from it.
    ^ This. Whenever I lift heavy there is always a little water weight gain.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

AmyP is offline Member
    vlo1125 - I have one of those!!! I tell people she will be an amazing, strong grown woman but getting her there might kill one of us. She can be so fustrating but she also makes me smile a lot because I know she will not be pushed into doing things she doesn't want to do. BUT she also needs to do things she is SUPPOSED to do. Brats.

Strife - If I made it through yesterday, you can make it through today! I found coffee & green tea helps. And cucumbers in vinegar.

So survived yesterday. Two pounds down on the scale, but I am sure one at least will come back. Woke up not very hungry and slept very well. There might be something to this..

diene is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, Strife! Today is a DD for me too, and I'm hungry already too (crossfit does that to me). I find that drinking hot water with salt, apple cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes helps. It works way better for me than just drinking coffee, tea, or seltzer water (but I drink those as well).

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    It looks like people are slowing down in the weight loss. Remember, as long as insulin is present you will not be burning fat. For some people as little as 100 cal can cause insulin to circulate for 3-5 hours. If you are only consuming 400 cal during your down days, but spacing out your meal frequency, then you might be losing everything but fat. You should read Pkllopp's, and Mark's take on all of this. All free info, no reason to buy a JUDD's book.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29011.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    All free info, no reason to buy a JUDD's book.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29011.html
    I would agree about watching your carbohydrates in relation to your insulin response, but...

There is some very good information on the action of SIRT1 in Dr. Johnson's book. One of the things it does is make it harder for your cells to store fat and easier to release it. This can act in conjunction with your insulin response.

And, yes, you can find this, and other information out on the internet, but...

Just as I buy Mark's books to support him as thanks for providing this great website, I have bought ADD and 5:2FD to support those authors.