Page 108 of 159 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1582

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 108

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So... I think I put on muscle weight? The last three days we've been working HARD putting in fence. Lots of heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, etc. My diet has been just fine, but the scale went up 2 pounds. So... does muscle weight show up that fast if I still have a lot of weight to lose, or am I retaining water weight because I'm working so hard?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Strife is offline Member
    I don't know if having weight to loss would impact how quickly muscle mass builds. I've always been able to build it up pretty fast once I start working out.

Anyway: Tomorrow is going to be my first down day. I'll treat it as a 24 hour fast. From dinner tonight until the same time tomorrow night. Just some coffee and limited cream during the day. Not sure what to break the fast with, though. Or even if I should, given the coffee/cream consumption.

AmyP is offline Member
    Still here! DD today. Weekend was a struggle. Friday was a DD but we pulled our camper out of storage and headed to the wilderness for the first time of the season. This involves a lot of work. I think I had a small something for lunch and was going to try to limit dinner but pretty sure I went over 500 cal. I am sure it was probably below 800-900 though.

So yesterday was supposed to be a DD if I was going to stick to alternate days but I turned it into more of a medium day Going out to eat with a good friend on Tuesday and wanted that to be my UD. I plan to keep on track this week to a fault. Following week I will be in Mexico...don't quite know what I will do about eating there..

I'm up for any challenges anyone would like to throw at me!

diene is offline Senior Member
    Today was my week 1 weigh-in. I've only lost 0.5 lbs (maybe--I have an analog scale, and it kept shifting between 141 and 142 so I'm assuming that it's 141.5). Let's hope that it was 0.5 lbs of fat, rather than something else. I was hoping for a more rapid weight loss, but, oh well, at least I'm not continuously losing and regaining the same 5 pounds of water weight. I will be patient and persevere. Maybe if I didn't go out and drink like a fish on my UDs, I'd lose more quickly--heh! But gotta have a social life sometimes, ya know. God knows I have little enough of that these days.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Steak and tomato DD round 1 complete. I ate it for the day, went to spin class...now off to work. thank g-d I work late, so I don't think about dinner.. my meal was totally tasty and satisfying !

guess what everyone?! I graduate tomorrow! I know it's off topic, but I'm so excited and I wanted to share. I went back to college and finished! Tomorrow is also an UD and I'll be celebrating with a bowl of pineapple and whipped cream (no sugar)
    or maybe coconut flower dark chocolate cookies! (all instead of cake, which I don't even want anymore) yippie!!

I can feel a big weight drop coming... my spin shorts were a little too big today! what a great Grad-present to myself.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!

I wasn't able to make it a down day. At 12:30 I realized I needed to eat and started weighing out steak. I ended up making it into a kimchi stew, and while waiting for it to cook I ate bacon, cheese, ham, and beef from the fridge. It was a real protein load. I think the time has run out on this steak experiment for me. It's time to start listening to my body.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Congratulations!

I wasn't able to make it a down day. At 12:30 I realized I needed to eat and started weighing out steak. I ended up making it into a kimchi stew, and while waiting for it to cook I ate bacon, cheese, ham, and beef from the fridge. It was a real protein load. I think the time has run out on this steak experiment for me. It's time to start listening to my body.

So was it a worthwhile experiment?
    I need to lean out without losing much more weight, and had considered the steak and eggs - but I thought maybe it's one of those diets that works better for men? Also no sure if I could handle just steak and egg morrning and night.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So... I think I put on muscle weight? The last three days we've been working HARD putting in fence. Lots of heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, etc. My diet has been just fine, but the scale went up 2 pounds. So... does muscle weight show up that fast if I still have a lot of weight to lose, or am I retaining water weight because I'm working so hard?
    I would say you are retaining water in your muscles. After a weights session I often weigh a kilo more the next day - which is about 2 pound. But that's good - it means something is happening repair wise and you are getting stronger from it.

AmyP is offline Member
    Yeah for you Yoga! Going back to school can be difficult as a grown up..I did it too and it made me appreciate the work a little more. AND made me wish I didn't screw off so much the first time around

Difficult DD today. I am hungry...holding strong though. Had a cucumber and vinegar for lunch, coffee with almond milk/cream this morning, and kielbasa and some green beans for dinner. More tea now.. Probably around 525 calories because there was butter on the beans so I will over estimate a little. Also snacked on some pickles.

I have been fighting with some pretty strong fatigue lately so off to the doc I go tomorrow.. I have already requested a thyroid function testing. Tired of being tired...eating paleo has really helped a lot of things, but this fatigue and lack of weight loss is starting to get to me..

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    So was it a worthwhile experiment?
    I need to lean out without losing much more weight, and had considered the steak and eggs - but I thought maybe it's one of those diets that works better for men? Also no sure if I could handle just steak and egg morrning and night.
    It was definitely worthwhile. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I am looking a lot leaner. It will be a couple of days before my weight settles down again.

I might do something like it again, but I would have to figure out what I need to have going on with my macros.