Page 107 of 159 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 107

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    Wednesday I had my colonscopy. The results were so amazing that I was allowed to go home and throw out my steroids, and my pills (16 years on those pills) Im not kidding,it was like looking at some one else's colon!
    I give the credit to paleo eating for 9 months, and removing stressful people from my life, and changing jobs. It was very stress related.
    The test required 2 full fasting days. I thought a lot about fasting during that time. I dont like it, I dont want to do it.

I am now trying the fast 5. Since Thursday morning, i have lost 3 pounds.
    No counting, no worrying about what to eat on dd. No meal planning, no sitting while my family and friends eat. 2 paleo meals a day, thats it. Easy easy. No snacks.

My 5 hour eating window is 1 to 6. I have dinner and lunch daily. I feel hungry 11 to 1, and not all day.

From what i read, it will have the same benefits as caloric restriction from JUDD. It is also real easy on my digestive system.

This seems really sustainable, (for myself) unlike JUDD.

Does this mean I have to find a new place to post? Or would you all like to hear from me as to how this is working in my life?
    I hope so, because i have NEVER posted to anything ever, except this forum, and I have found a feeling of community here
    Congrats on the results!! you must feel amazing!! GO YOU! its so wonderful to hear people really changing there life, life you, job, stress, eating etc.. it's inspiring! I'm in the middle of changing my job my last day is June 25th and it's already changing my life! anyways, back to you... CONGRATS!!
    Yes, I hope you keep posting on here! Inter fasting didn't work for me... but ADF is. What ever works for you do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    My Up Day yesterday was unsatisfying. Looking forward to my next one on Monday. Enjoying my Down Day today, as I till feel stodgy from yesterday.
    I hate unsatisfied UP and DD! I had a pretty bad DD yesterday... I went golfing and biking with friends all day, of course they wanted Korean BBQ and I was like, "does it have soy sauce or sugar in the marinade ?." Sometimes, I dread ordering in front of other people. I need to get over it and BE PROUD. I am a WHOLE FOODS eater and I'm proud! haha I know at korean `BBQ I probably went over 500 cals... but it was the best I could do. Eating at home is WAY easier and I end up eating always satisfying foods. Mark just wrote an article about that too just this week. I only feel good about eating out if its a steak house (which is not often enough!) or breakfast. I've got it down "what i can eat" at every kind of food place.. alright I'm ranting..

Happy SUNDAY everyone.

Since all of us are ADF... I was think we could all do something as a group together... like a collective downday experiment.. such as the Steak and tomato day (for 3 DD, during ADF) and all post are results. OR something like a 7 day nut, dairy, and fruit fast! (during and including ADF of course) anyone interested?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I like doing group projects, but I don't know if we could find something that would suit us all. It seems that what works for us is wildly different. Not to mention tastes.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Different people could "sponsor" the group project each week based on their personal preferences. Participation would of course be optional.

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    on my fast 5 days, i eat paleo lunch, then nothing for 5 hours, then paleo dinner. Thats it.
    No snacks between meals, no after dinner snacking.
    Theres no doubt about it, weight loss is hard.

I am still doing the pill less happy dance up here. I feel wildly successful. It has been a 3 years concentrated effort to get really well and get on top of my disease.

I guess with the elation is a tiny bit of fear ~ 16 years on those pills, what might happen without them?

Today i had 16 people over for lunch, (at 1 pm for my 5 Hour window) Its a long weekend in Canada, The old queens birthday. Big parties everywhere tonight,- firewrx. By the time they left, it was 5 pm. I wasn't really hungry, so i ate cheescake! Not very paleo of me huh?

That's ok, 19 hours from now, I will have paleo lunch and be right on track again.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I like doing group projects, but I don't know if we could find something that would suit us all. It seems that what works for us is wildly different. Not to mention tastes.
    ya, I totally agree. I was just curious if anyone was interested in the one's that I posted... thats all

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Different people could "sponsor" the group project each week based on their personal preferences. Participation would of course be optional.
    Ya, totally!!

If anyone is interested in one of the couple I posted up on page 106 let me know!!
    Or i'm open if someone else has one....

Either of those sound interesting, though I'm not sure I could keep something extreme up for more than several days. Depending on what it is, of course. At the moment I am trying to stay on the steak-and-eggs challenge for one more week.

Something I'm feeling in the back of my mind is to try out different things on my down days. One would be a potato fast. Perhaps the next, plain greek yogurt only. Another, macadamia nuts. Or cacao beans. Or even 2 or 3 days in a row of restricted calories, but maybe not quite as restricted as a down day. On monodiets you are often permitted to eat all you want, but you stop wanting much food quickly, as you get really bored with eating only one thing.

All this steak and eggs is making me want to do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Either of those sound interesting, though I'm not sure I could keep something extreme up for more than several days. Depending on what it is, of course. At the moment I am trying to stay on the steak-and-eggs challenge for one more week.

Ya, 7 days was all i was thinking...

I think I'm going to start Steak and tomato on my DD. 3 of my DD. we shall seeeeee.
    So M,W,F DD's... saturday=weigh in!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Ya, 7 days was all i was thinking...

I think I'm going to start Steak and tomato on my DD. 3 of my DD. we shall seeeeee.
    So M,W,F DD's... saturday=weigh in!
    I have a couple of tomatoes in the house to eat. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. Maybe I'll do a steak-and-tomato down day.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Fast-5 can be a useful protocol - it does make you think about what you consume in your eating window to maximise nutrition, and I think using it in combination with Primal eating would make the best of it. Of course, there are those who see the eating window as a challenge of "how much can I cram into five hours?". Going face down in multiple buckets of Sara Lee UltraChoc Icecream all window long won't maximise your results...

For anyone curious about the reasoning behind Fast-5, the free e-book (.pdf) which is explains it all is available from the main website: Welcome to the Fast-5 website | Fast-5 Life There are also two official Facebook groups (open and members-only) with a very nice bunch of people.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

elkay7 is offline Member
    Congrats on all the progress people! I am jealous of you eKatherine. I miss being 140!

I finally got the scale to move down another pound for 14 lbs lost in 6 weeks. Maybe it was cutting out the alcohol for the week. I am going to try to cut back more on the wine at social events. Got some compliments from friends that hadn't seen me since prior to starting ADF this weekend on how I look, so that is a good dose of encouragement.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter