Page 106 of 156 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1557

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 106

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Wednesday I had my colonscopy. The results were so amazing that I was allowed to go home and throw out my steroids, and my pills (16 years on those pills) Im not kidding,it was like looking at some one else's colon!
    I give the credit to paleo eating for 9 months, and removing stressful people from my life, and changing jobs. It was very stress related.
    The test required 2 full fasting days. I thought a lot about fasting during that time. I dont like it, I dont want to do it.

I am now trying the fast 5. Since Thursday morning, i have lost 3 pounds.
    No counting, no worrying about what to eat on dd. No meal planning, no sitting while my family and friends eat. 2 paleo meals a day, thats it. Easy easy. No snacks.

My 5 hour eating window is 1 to 6. I have dinner and lunch daily. I feel hungry 11 to 1, and not all day.

From what i read, it will have the same benefits as caloric restriction from JUDD. It is also real easy on my digestive system.

This seems really sustainable, (for myself) unlike JUDD.

Does this mean I have to find a new place to post? Or would you all like to hear from me as to how this is working in my life?
    I hope so, because i have NEVER posted to anything ever, except this forum, and I have found a feeling of community here
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    dad looked at me and said "I can't believe how strong you've gotten this year. I know you wouldn't have been able to do this last year. You have surprised me!" That meant a lot coming from him. He used to be one of those Gold's Gym meat heads back in the day.
    How very fun and amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    Does this mean I have to find a new place to post? Or would you all like to hear from me as to how this is working in my life?
    I hope so, because i have NEVER posted to anything ever, except this forum, and I have found a feeling of community here
    I know I'd be interested to hear about your journey so I'm definitely okay with you posting here. I think a lot of us are tweaking the JUDDD thing anyway, so I say okay!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Strife is offline Member
    Hey guys, I was wondering if this is a horrible idea for down/fast days: A liquid fast (that is, no solid foods, but I can drink to my heart's content (e.g.: coffee with heavy cream, milk, water, etc)) during the day, and breaking the fast with a normal dinner. I don't usually eat breakfast, so this would only be skipping one of my meals. Good? Not enough? Suggestions?

Well (and consider the source since I have a hard time staying under 500 kcal on a down day)...I would think it depends on how much cream you use and how much milk and how much it takes for your heart to be content, lol. Those plus dinner might be hard to keep down to 500-600 calories. I'm not opposed to a liquid diet because I have a medical condition that warrants it from time to time, but I do think it's easy to drink way more calories than one can eat. That said, many of us have been tweaking what we have on a down day, and if it can work for you without going over the down day goal, go for it. I'm still struggling with that, lol.

Strife is offline Member
    That's a good point. Guess I'll just have to be careful in what I choose to eat. As for the drinking: I really just have one or two cups of coffee a day with some heavy cream. If I'm worried about calories, I can switch to tea (I don't put anything in my tea). And of course, water. Delicious, filling, water.

Well, I'm all for personal n=1 experiments, so if it works great, if not, then try something else.

Looks like MY n=1 experiment of drinking raw milk for a couple of days will have to wait until next week. I completely forgot that the Farmer's Market was cancelled this weekend because of a special event in the little downtown area near my house. Oh well, at least I got a good little walk out of it. And since I stopped at Walgreens on my walk, I have two nice new lip glosses to try out.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Strife- I second that- it might be hard to keep under 500K with cream an a 'normal' dinner. What's 'normal' for you? How much cream?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My Up Day yesterday was unsatisfying. Looking forward to my next one on Monday. Enjoying my Down Day today, as I till feel stodgy from yesterday.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Terriann~ congrats on your great test results! Also I'm very interested in hearing how the fast 5 goes for you! I've never heard of it but I gather from what you said you eat within a 5 hour window daily? And no calorie counting? I guess it would be hard to over eat in a 5 hour time frame but I'm sure if anyone could itd be me lol!

It's a dd for me and I was really hungry by 11 am which didn't bode we'll for my day but now I'm ok. Gonna have salmon and cole slaw for dinner. I really dislike having dd's on the weekend but don't want to slow the weightless down by not doing it every other day. Anywho almost 1, that means only 4 more hours till dinner, yes it's one of this watching the clock days for me!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I did a fast-5 protocol for a while. I had to stay conscious of what I was eating though.