Page 105 of 159 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 105

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I tend to put on muscle very easily when I increase my exercise volume and intensity and eat excess protein. I've decided to be okay with that. The tape measure tells the truth.

If I hold back on the protein for a while, that will delay the gain until I eat a lot of protein. Then it can be a big, sudden gain. Hate that.
    hmmm... do you think I should lower protein and up my fat? you are doing steak and egg and you are dropping pounds like like it's raining!

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I fasted yesterday and haven't eaten yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to eat lunch or save my appetite and break the fast tonight at a nice restaurant. This morning my weight was down to 140, a weight I have not seen in more than 20 years.
    Wow! That is awesome!! Congrats! When I weighed myself on Tuesday (day after my first DD), I was 142, which was a weight I haven't seen in 6.5 years (and not in a good way--I haven't been this heavy since I started working out). But it went down to 139 after my second DD, and I have high hopes for JUDDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Every time I see this thread, I feel sooo envious. You guys rock!
    Hey Leida, why don't you give this a shot? I haven't been able to lose at all for months now, but I have good feelings about this. It's still early for me, but I'm hopeful!

Strife is offline Member
    I'mma start trying this. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday as my down/fast days.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it funny how we all seem to have more "moderate days" than actual UDs anymore? I find myself cravings the actual act of eating more than I crave or hunger for food. Of course, I do have some UDs that are definitely UP but for the most part they are quite moderate. Of course, I'm always afraid I'll starve the next day. And, sometimes, it feels that way, but as I said... last week? It's feeling really easy again.

I have been following the "raw milk fast" thread, and am kinda going along with it... and by kinda I mean just drinking more of my milk. Yesterday I had one real meal and two glasses (one 16 oz the other 8) of raw milk with a couple cashews and almonds. Today I have had coffee black and one 12 oz glass of milk. We'll see what the scale says in the morning!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Samphis is offline Member
    This thread has gotten me motivated to start fasting again. I already only do two meals per day, so I think I'm going to just start cutting lunch out on certain days. This will still give me periods of 24 hours without food. Today was my first fast day in a few months, and I can't believe I just fell out of the habit. I feel great.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, folks, I tried plenty and totally failed. I just don't have chops for fasting, as much as I wish I did.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    A little stressed and hungry today. I think the second is directly related to the first. But still under my Down Day calories, so I feel proud of myself.

Tomorrow will be a challenging day- lots of travel, not much opportunity to savor my Up Day. Oh well, another one comes along every other day. Pretty certain I will have sashimi on Monday.

Now that's what I call a whoosh! 262.4 yesterday, 260.4 this morning. I'm still amazed by that. How can you drop 2 lbs over night? I mean, I'm not complaining... but is it really fat? Can I really be losing water weight 13 weeks into this? Hard to believe in just another 45 lbs, I will have lost 100 pounds. I know I can get there. This first 55 pounds came off so easily. Of course, I'm a little worried. Everyone knows the closer one gets to goal the harder it gets to lose. The last 20 are harder to lose than the first 20. I s'pose I don't care. I'll get there when I get there. But, if it keeps going like it's BEEN going, I'll be there by summer's end... and that's like... whoa. UD today. Lots of work to do. Putting up fence for the goats and reinforcing the garden. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. .4 lbs to go and I will have met my May goal. Of course, we never know what kind of bounce UD can bring.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Strife and Samphis!

Congratulations on that whoosh gladmorning! I'm going to go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow and get me some raw milk, lol. Though seriously, I've been thinking I should give my whole digestive tract a rest for a while anyway and that seems like a great way.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today has been filled with heavy lifting. We are putting in more fence with those ridiculously heavy posts. After wrestling them around all day, dad looked at me and said "I can't believe how strong you've gotten this year. I know you wouldn't have been able to do this last year. You have surprised me!" That meant a lot coming from him. He used to be one of those Gold's Gym meat heads back in the day.

We had lunch out at the restaurant in town. I had eggs, bacon and hashbrowns. I felt not so great after eating and threw it up a couple hours later. Won't be going THERE again.