Page 104 of 159 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 104

AmyP is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Second DD today. I need to figure out if I am going to have a few smaller 'meals' throughout the day or just save it for one normalish size meal. Today is a busy day, we are going camping for the first time this season and that always involves a lot of work getting stuff back in the camper and all ready to go. I worry I will be really hungry by the time it is done and I am sitting around the fire!

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I fasted yesterday and haven't eaten yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to eat lunch or save my appetite and break the fast tonight at a nice restaurant. This morning my weight was down to 140, a weight I have not seen in more than 20 years.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Every time I see this thread, I feel sooo envious. You guys rock!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I fasted yesterday and haven't eaten yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to eat lunch or save my appetite and break the fast tonight at a nice restaurant. This morning my weight was down to 140, a weight I have not seen in more than 20 years.
    140! nice!!! go Ekatherine!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Every time I see this thread, I feel sooo envious. You guys rock!
    Awwww! thanks Leida, you should jump on board!!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    So I recieved two different readings from the scale is this mornin. One reflected 1/2 pound loss one reported a pound lost. I weighed first thing after waking a got the 1/2 lb reading. An hour later after chores I decided to weigh again and got the pound loss. I have found that if I wait an hour or so after waking up to weigh, I get a different reading. Obviously in that time I do not consume anything. Either way, it's a loss after an UD and Im happy with that. I will meet this month's goal again. Only 2.4 lbs away!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

I ended up putting boiled egg yolks and butter through the food processor to make an egg yolk pate, kind of like a stuffed egg filling but without the egg whites (which I can't eat).

So week 3 complete and I woke up at 163.2 which is the weight I got last week. I'm not really disappointed. I actually didn't "feel" like I was losing weight, so I wasn't surprised. I usually can feel this sense of heat in my body when I'm losing weight. does anyone else get that?? haha.

What I think did it, what I'm trying to change this week:
    week 2: I dropped 2 lbs. I ate only protein and fat on my DD and I took a long 2 hour bike ride (not on purpose)
    week 3: I stayed the same. I ate all different things on my DD. I weight lifted. I put on muscle fast! So I need to not do weight for a while and stick to cardio.

Ok, so this week I'm going to test out something. I'm going to eat only protein and fat on DD's, only cardio (no weights), My DD will be homemade fresh cuts of meat no pick up food!

My scaled I could see wanted to be 162! and mumbled to 163.2 which means I'm losing weight and the scale could't decide!!
    In my head that 162 is MINE! and i'm getting it this week! I was going to try so make today a carb reload day to start my week off, DD lower protein higher fat second day, then regular routine to shake things up! I'm also going to do a steak and tomato day later in the week! 162 is MINE! I want to get to 150 so badly! My intention is to get to 155 by june 25th! ( 8 pounds ) I know I can do it! There was a great discount on a gym: $30 for 2 months! I bought it for my goal... cardio here I come! 8 pounds gone here it falls off!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So I recieved two different readings from the scale is this mornin. One reflected 1/2 pound loss one reported a pound lost. I weighed first thing after waking a got the 1/2 lb reading. An hour later after chores I decided to weigh again and got the pound loss. I have found that if I wait an hour or so after waking up to weigh, I get a different reading. Obviously in that time I do not consume anything. Either way, it's a loss after an UD and Im happy with that. I will meet this month's goal again. Only 2.4 lbs away!
    I've noticed the same thing with my scale! isn't that awesome

I wonderful why that is scientifically... but who cares you dropped!

I tend to put on muscle very easily when I increase my exercise volume and intensity and eat excess protein. I've decided to be okay with that. The tape measure tells the truth.

If I hold back on the protein for a while, that will delay the gain until I eat a lot of protein. Then it can be a big, sudden gain. Hate that.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations to eKatherine and Gladmorning!

My down day went over in calories again...ended up being about 700 calories.

Today I'm feeling kind of, well, bah. I don't know how else to describe it...just bah, lol.

I think I like having Tuesdays and Thursdays as down days, so I'm going to try that for a couple of weeks, then make one of my weekend days a down day--which one will depend on what's going on that weekend. The other weekend day will be a "moderate" day, which is really what most of my up days turn out to be anyway since I'm often not that hungry.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter