Page 103 of 159 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1590

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 103

moon7 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I was doing regular up days and down days for a few weeks before I started the steak-and-eggs challenge. Now I am trying to keep my calories between around 1300 and 1500 calories on a regular steak-and-eggs day, during which I eat two meals (lunch and supper) or just one (supper). That feels like plenty of food. My carb reload day I have set a goal of 1800 calories of seafood, vegetables, fruit, and chocolate, no other added fat. Last week I had one total fast day, and I will do that tomorrow as well. After my fast day I was expecting to have a heavy feed day, but I wasn't very hungry after all.
    So you are basically doing 1 fasting day a week? I was thinking if I should switch to 5:2 or 4 :3 till I am done with S&E, so far I am able to manage every other day being DD.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Another smaller Down Day for me yesterday. It is interesting to me how my experience of Down Days is evolving.

I began with total fasts(water/tea only). These were easy.

Next, 420 calorie days. The first ones were AGONIZING! (Okay, slight exaggeration. But difficult.) But then I adjusted. Mostly to eating JUST A LITTLE. Restraint is hard for me.

I have tried a few different combinations of macros on the 420 plan. Balanced, high-fat, high-protein. I think I LIKE high-fat the best, but high-protein is the best FOR me.

Now I am finding my 420K days are slipping towards 320K days. Not on purpose, it is just happening. I am not that hungry, and I get busy and don't want to be bothered to eat.

I think the best thing to pass on to any newbies from this is: your experience at the beginning may change. Don't worry that if it is hard/uncomfortable at first, that it will always be so. Push through. By my third 420K Down Day, it was already getting easier. I have had some sporadic hard ones again, but hey, that's life. Some days will always be harder than others, regardless of what you are doing.
    Last edited by Sabine; 05-16-2013 at 07:48 AM.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well I couldn't preform a miracle this week, 210.4 lbs so I'm up .4 for the week first time I've gained since starting ADF but completely my own fault for over doing carbs and eating too much on Mother's Day. Hope this week brings a big loss to compensate, going to try my hardest. my weight next Friday will be a surprise to me cause im Going to make my husband hide the scale this week. It'll be nerve wracking but I need a break from watching the scale bounce up and down every other day.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

AmyP is offline Member
    First official DD went well! I have fasted (usually did a 18hr fast but didn't really watch calories...had a large evening meal) before so this wasn't a shock. I had a cucumber in vinegar for lunch. Once a week when I grocery shop I have sushi...better than a donut, huh? So that was my "meal" yesterday. I had a rainbow roll that I would eat a slice of when I was starting to feel hungry. I was out of the house in the evening so that made things a bit easier. Hard to tell calorie count in sushi, on line estimates anywhere between 200-550 so I guessed with that, my cuke, and almond milk in coffee I probably was close to 500. Not really hungry yet today but made some eggs and tomato.

Worst mistake by FAR yesterday was throwing a roast in the crockpot for the family...it smelled GOOD. That was dumb

I weigh daily. Keeps me on track...

Glad your first dd went well Amy! I also weigh daily, have for over 10 years but I just find its been bothering me lately. Like I weighed less on Saturday then I do today and it makes me mad. So just for this week I'm gonna take a break and weigh at the week mark instead.

Have a yummy day ahead of me, had bacon with fried egg in bacon fat and yogurt topped with chopped banana, strawberry, almonds, and dark chocolate for breakfast. Lunch will be a chorizo burger I had frozen from this recipe I made a few weeks agoHealth-Bent | Paleo Recipes | Fried Egg Chorizo Burgers with Caramelized Onions
    On an oopsie bun with a side of thisSavory Vegetable Pancakes | Joyful Abode instead of carrot I'm using zucchini. And dinner is going to be Carne Bistec - Colombian Steak with Onions and Tomatoes | Skinnytaste on riced cauliflower and topped with a fried egg. Sigh I love UD's!
    Veronica

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Well I couldn't preform a miracle this week, 210.4 lbs so I'm up .4 for the week first time I've gained since starting ADF but completely my own fault for over doing carbs and eating too much on Mother's Day. Hope this week brings a big loss to compensate, going to try my hardest. my weight next Friday will be a surprise to me cause im Going to make my husband hide the scale this week. It'll be nerve wracking but I need a break from watching the scale bounce up and down every other day.
    gosh I know it's stressful, but driving yourself crazy over it will only make it worse! HIDE that damn scale and focus more on your Calorie intake, fruit (banana) and nut consumption, take small break from them, you can come back, I know it will go back to losing weight. Maybe eating something that you shouldn't be thats making you bounce around so much this week, like a sauce, or topping? If you are REALLY honest with yourself you know what to cut out for a while or maybe not each as much of something... So what is holding on to your body? do you know?

I don't weigh everyday.. if I haven't gone to the bathroom yet... the scale is totally off! sorry if that was TMI!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Next, 420 calorie days. The first ones were AGONIZING! (Okay, slight exaggeration. But difficult.) But then I adjusted. Mostly to eating JUST A LITTLE. Restraint is hard for me.

Whats your Menu look like for the day if your hitting such low cals?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moon7 View Post
    So you are basically doing 1 fasting day a week? I was thinking if I should switch to 5:2 or 4 :3 till I am done with S&E, so far I am able to manage every other day being DD.
    I'm thinking if I were to repeat this cycle after the group effort has ended I might try doing one down day of about 400 calories and one that is a full fast, a regular up day, a heavier up day, a couple of moderate days (all of these still steak and eggs or simply VLC), and then a carb day of 1800 calories with no added fat, lean protein. I feel like I'm still getting used to the protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    gosh I know it's stressful, but driving yourself crazy over it will only make it worse! HIDE that damn scale and focus more on your Calorie intake, fruit (banana) and nut consumption, take small break from them, you can come back, I know it will go back to losing weight. Maybe eating something that you shouldn't be thats making you bounce around so much this week, like a sauce, or topping? If you are REALLY honest with yourself you know what to cut out for a while or maybe not each as much of something... So what is holding on to your body?
    Definitely plantains, been on the menu twice a week lately and over eating calories on two recent UD's. so none of that this week! we shall see what the scale says next week. I feel really good abou today, planned out my menu and not only is it delicious but I'm gonna only have 48 carbs and 2088 cals. It's better when i plan my menu the day before its easier to stay within my targets.
    Veronica

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    UD so far- pint of milk some pulled pork and mashed taters, small handful of cashews and half an apple. Dunno calories, never count. Feelin' pretty good. I over ate the last UD and went backward in weight. After yesterday's DD I am 263.4. I am hoping by keeping myself in check on this UD, I will stay the same for tomorrow. I guess I am always afraid that if I don't eat enough on my UD I'll go crazy on my DD.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Whats your Menu look like for the day if your hitting such low cals?
    These are my last two 'inadvertently low' Down Days:

3:00pm 4oz salmon with 1t homemayo 133K 20P
    6:30pm 4oz salmon with 1 t homemayo and 1C greens 183K 24P
    =316K 44P

and

12:30pm small package of beef jerky 100K 18P
    3:30 4oz salmon with 1t homemayo 133K 20P
    = 233K 38P

My 420K Down Days are usually three feedings, and often have some liverwurst or cheese thrown into the mix.

I had a nice Up Day yesterday(definitely NO calorie counting), but wasn't hungry enough to eat everything my brain wanted. (I ate SOME of it anyways, but not all. No sense in being ridiculous!) Strangely, my weight went DOWN again this morning. Maybe it will bounce back up after my Down Day!