Page 101 of 154 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1540

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 101

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Hey Mike at Tarree
    i am alternating between doing 5:2 and 4:3. I started with 5:2, and lost some weight, then changed to 4:3 so I had more freedom to eat on feast days, but then found it too tough so am back on 5:2. I've lost about 4 kg over 8 weeks. You might find that weight loss is slower than on ADF, but that's about it?
    Hey Lucy, do you know if anyone sells goat meat in Newcastle? I used to get it all the time when I lived in Brisbane at Halal butchers, but as you can imagine Taree is a bit of a Lamb and Beef town

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I bought a copy of 'The Alternate Day Diet'. I first got it through the library, but there is a lot of good information in there, that I want to keep handy. The cover is great. Has half a hamburger matched up with half an apple to make a circle motif. I'm reading through right now and making a precis for my daughter to read. She said she might like to give the diet a try after her tests are over, and that time is coming up, so I want to be able to explain it clearly to her if she doesn't want to read the book.

Plus, I'd like to support Dr. Johnson. He deserves a little profit from this 5:2 wave of enthusiasm.

Looking forward to my Down Day today. Something was disagreeing with me yesterday. A rest will do me good.

I am thinking that I will be using 5:2 or 6:1 as my maintenance, when I get to goal. Or even before, if I want a 'maintenance break'. 48 pounds may be too much to take off in one chunk without some stabilization time in the middle. Strangely, with ADF, I really feel I could go on maintenance for a while, and then start losing again. My attitude seems to be changing as much as my weight.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Checking in-looks like everyone's doing good
    *~Sara~*

Was wondering if you were still around.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Was wondering if you were still around.
    Still here, but just doing one dd a week now, on Mondays. I'm trying to stabilize my weight, so focusing on upping calories, carbs and protein on the other six days right now.
    *~Sara~*

diene is offline Senior Member
    Today is my second DD. It's only 8:52 AM, and I'm already hungry!!! Had my protein shake after crossfit this morning. I didn't have time to make shirataki noodles so I didn't. Figured that I shouldn't be using it as a crutch anyway. 10 hours to go to get through the work day, and then I can go home and have dinner. I CAN DO THIS!!!

AmyP is offline Member
    Hi everyone...I'd like to join in if you don't mind! I have done some IF before but really really doing a specific ADF for a while to see if I can get the scale to budge. I have eaten primal for almost two years now..I feel good, but never lost much weight.. My 39th birthday was yesterday, up day fo sho, so down day today! I think I will be having one mid-day meal and keep it at that. I look forward to the support!

Serenity- you are right! You CAN do this.

Welcome, AmyP.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Mike and Amy! Glad to have you with us.

Serenity, you CAN do it...most of this is mental for me so if I can get past the "I want to eat" thing, the hunger usually goes away. Drink tea or water or something...it helps every so slightly, lol.

~~~

My last vacation pound went away this morning, yay.

I think I like the idea of a small break from the alternating day aspect of ADF. I was afraid that once I took a break, it would be hard for me to get back on track...I have had that problem before...but it wasn't very hard to jump right back in after my vacation. I don't know if it will always be that easy to get back on track, but at least it's comforting to know I CAN do it if I need to.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Checking in-looks like everyone's doing good
    Hi! how are you doing maintaining? are you still 5:2? I think thats last what I remember hearing.. i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Today is my second DD. It's only 8:52 AM, and I'm already hungry!!! Had my protein shake after crossfit this morning. I didn't have time to make shirataki noodles so I didn't. Figured that I shouldn't be using it as a crutch anyway. 10 hours to go to get through the work day, and then I can go home and have dinner. I CAN DO THIS!!!
    YOu can DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
    Hi everyone...I'd like to join in if you don't mind! I have done some IF before but really really doing a specific ADF for a while to see if I can get the scale to budge. I have eaten primal for almost two years now..I feel good, but never lost much weight.. My 39th birthday was yesterday, up day fo sho, so down day today! I think I will be having one mid-day meal and keep it at that. I look forward to the support!
    Hello and Welcome! please share your DD meals! I love hearing other peoples menus!