Page 100 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1557

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 100

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Elkay~ I know I can't lose weight when I drink alcohol, it just doesn't agree with me, not even red wine! I almost always gain 2 or more lbs after one glass, totally not fair! See how your week goes with out it.

Sabine~ sounds like your doing really well, I was going to say I think it's smart you take your ud weight, I shoulda started that way too.

252dip~ so glad you bounced back!

Glad morning~ so cool that you have fresh milk from your own animals!

Terriann~ no worries just hop back on!

Reuben~ I really hope that ADF is the answer for you, I dont know where I'd be if I hadn't given it a try!

210.6 after my dd, which means I'm still wearing an extra lb from Mother's Day. Hoping to get it off plus 1 more lb by Thursday so ill have a loss this week. The last 3 weeks have felt like a struggle to even have a loss for the week. I think it's definitely slowing down for me and ill be interested to see what my total loss for the month is. I'm crossing my fingers for at least 5 lbs but we shall see!

Ud for me and I've really got nothing planned, I've noticed this last week I've become a little lazy in the kitchen, my poor husband hasn't had left overs to take to lunch the last 2 days, whoops! Gotta get my butt on Pinterest and see what to make for dinner. Hope everyone has a good day!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elkay7 View Post
    No weight loss progress in the past 12 days after the initial 13 lbs. I did try on my wedding dress again today though and I could zip up the back by myself, unlike at purchase, haha. It is a good thing I am getting it altered in June.

My biggest problem is not drinking my calories when going out with friends. I don't think I have anything food or bar-related on the social calendar this week, so hopefully I can get back into more normal looking up days than the gluttonous ones I have had the last few weeks. I have a feeling booze and eating out was how I gained so much weight in the first place.
    13 pound loss thats awesome!
    On page 94 of this thread I listed a bunch of "breaking plato" ideas... even if you do 1 of them on a DD. You just gotta shake up
    your routine and get your body guessing

congrats on the wedding dress!

I'm not sure how long ago you lost 13lb loss and now have been in plato w/drinking.. but your body could just be trying to stabilize your new body weight... just keep up the good work you will return to losing, but it stabilizing is something to consider.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am starting (after two months! ) to get into a cooking routine.

On Up Days I make something yummy for dinner. On Down Days, our daughters get the leftovers or something easy like soup or quiche. If there are further leftovers after that, I usually have them on not the NEXT Up Day, but the one after that for breakfast or dinner. I'm finding I don't want to have leftovers from say, Monday, on Wednesday, because it is too close, and I want to enjoy all my food on my Up Day. But by Friday, it is interesting again. So, if the daughters aren't going to eat it, I try and throw it into the freezer right away!

Tonight we are having coconut chicken tenders, and I think some Thai cucumber salad.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Elkay~ I know I can't lose weight when I drink alcohol, it just doesn't agree with me, not even red wine! I almost always gain 2 or more lbs after one glass, totally not fair! See how your week goes with out it.
    Drinking wine can definitely give me swelling and inflammation that takes days to go away. I say can, because it doesn't always seem to work that way. But I've never experimented to see if I can find some that reliably don't.

I drink wine on the rare occasions when I go to a nice restaurant. But aside from that, wine makes me snacky, so it has no place in my diet while I am trying to lose.

210.6 after my dd, which means I'm still wearing an extra lb from Mother's Day. Hoping to get it off plus 1 more lb by Thursday so ill have a loss this week. The last 3 weeks have felt like a struggle to even have a loss for the week. I think it's definitely slowing down for me and ill be interested to see what my total loss for the month is. I'm crossing my fingers for at least 5 lbs but we shall see!
    If I remember correctly you had something last week happened (or you over did an UP) and then mothers day happen... I hope you don't worry too much.. bc when I have a couple things happen too close together, the woosh does tend to slow down. I'd think of those as refeeds to jump start you on your clean JUDDD eating! or try a couple steak.tomato days for DD!! works for me! if you want to do it.. i'll do them with you!

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Holy hell I have no idea why I keep doing this but had 120g carb day, stayed within my ud calories but damn that's a lot of carbs. I think I have a plantain problem, been making them way too often and need to cut back. We're Puerto Rican and both grew up on fried plantains so we love it but its too starchy and I need to keep it as a twice or less a month thing. Then I had a chocolate cupcake(made with coconut flour) that i made last week too. Sigh just didnt plan my meals out like a normally do and had the carbs creep up because I wasn't paying attention. I'm dreading stepping on the scale tomorrow :/

Ekatherine~ I've come to the same realization with wine, while I'm trying to lose its a no no for me.

Sabine~ I get the same way with leftovers, they aren't good enough for UD's lol!

Yoga~ remind me again what's a steak tomato day is? Your right I have had a a few things happen that can be slowing me down, couple high carb days, over did an up day, Mother's Day . If things are slowing down its because I've become somewhat laxed.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    Without wading through 100 pages, is there any information on the forum about the 5:2 diet? It was featured recently in the UK TV program about ADF and related topics by Dr Michael Moseley. I bought his related book "The Fast Diet".

Basically you choose 2 days a week and only eat 500 cal (women) or 600 cal (men). It's less brutal than ADF and has similar benefits apparently. I'm on my first fast day today - celery and chicken soup for a late breakfast and a slice of pot roast with a heap of steamed veg for dinner around 6 pm.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Mike at Tarree
    i am alternating between doing 5:2 and 4:3. I started with 5:2, and lost some weight, then changed to 4:3 so I had more freedom to eat on feast days, but then found it too tough so am back on 5:2. I've lost about 4 kg over 8 weeks. You might find that weight loss is slower than on ADF, but that's about it?

Yoga~ remind me again what's a steak tomato day is? Your right I have had a a few things happen that can be slowing me down, couple high carb days, over did an up day, Mother's Day . If things are slowing down its because I've become somewhat laxed.

Steak day: Eat nothing during the day.

Drink plenty of water, tea, etc.

Evening meal --- eat as much as you comfortably can of a large, lean-cut of steak, with nothing else (you can use salt).

A couple of hours later in the evening, you can eat either one medium-sized apple or one tomato.

Personally, I'd stick with the tomato to reduce cravings from the sugar in the apple...

Let me know what happens!!
    Last edited by Yoga11; 05-14-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAtTaree View Post
    Without wading through 100 pages, is there any information on the forum about the 5:2 diet? It was featured recently in the UK TV program about ADF and related topics by Dr Michael Moseley. I bought his related book "The Fast Diet".

Basically you choose 2 days a week and only eat 500 cal (women) or 600 cal (men). It's less brutal than ADF and has similar benefits apparently. I'm on my first fast day today - celery and chicken soup for a late breakfast and a slice of pot roast with a heap of steamed veg for dinner around 6 pm.
    the 5:2 is the same thing as ADF.. just the ADF people are going the fast every other day.. but it's the same rules. Maybe ADF we get a higher calories on UD... maybe maybe not... not sure about that..? I do ADF... my Calories are 500 down days (DD) and 2100 on my Up Day (UD), but that's for Alternate days...
    Alternate day fasting caculator is on the JUDDD website.
    either way it's pretty kick a$$ and this thread has pretty wonderful people that I'm really enjoying getting to know thru this.
    we talk about down day recipes, ideas, what if's, etc...

Ekatherine or Sabine~ Do you know if the calories are different for 5:2, 4:3, and Alternate days?