Page 10 of 154 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 10

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I agree! I think planning is key!

I actually love my fasting days because.. well... it just makes things easier. No cooking... no scrounging up food, no taking the time to make it and eat it. I save money this way too. It's kinda depressing to wake up in the morning knowing I won't eat anything that day, but at the same time, it's relieving. Does that make sense?
    I am sort of following along. I am wondering if I have missed something with the protocol. How come you are not eating anything that day? Isnt a down day 500 calories? That could be alot of tators W/O alot of fat, they are very filling I like mine with bone broth, sometimes with some kraut. I even tried it with salso though it sounded disgusting but it was actually quite tasty

I boil them up whole, and keep them on standby in the frig

Anyways, I just wondered why nothing that day? Even PHD says you can fast with food. I was reading a few pages on IF last night, and he even mentioned something in one section about 500 calories per day, though now I can't remember exactly what but it made me think of this thread.

Food for a Fast | Perfect Health Diet
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ^^great article.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Not eating at all on a down day is pretty hard core. I'm not sure I'd be up to that.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    So I'm jumping in! Today will be my first DD and I'm going to try to fast through all of it. It's TOM for me and I feel puffy and bloated so I think a day long fast will be good. I don't usually eat breakfast but on the weekends sometimes I do so tomorrow morning will make a nice big one. Water, black coffee, and a mug of bone broth later will by my "food" for today.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    So I'm jumping in! Today will be my first DD and I'm going to try to fast through all of it. It's TOM for me and I feel puffy and bloated so I think a day long fast will be good. I don't usually eat breakfast but on the weekends sometimes I do so tomorrow morning will make a nice big one. Water, black coffee, and a mug of bone broth later will by my "food" for today.
    Keep yourself well hydrated especially because of TOM and the puffy bloated business.
    Karin

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    today is a dd for me too. we had roasted chinese duck last night and my face is all puffy from the sodium.

that was 18 hours ago and i'm just heating up some bone broth and seaweed now. also a tbsp of coconut oil in it. i feel good, plenty of energy and mental clarity.

as an ud, yesterday, my appetite was severely diminished too.

i'm liking this.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I'm almost tempted to try this, lol. I've been doing the EMF, and I wanted to give that a nice long try before I did anything differently, but this looks so interesting. I've heard about calorie cycling for years, but never heard any science behind it. And, ocassionally, I do feel like fasting would be helpful.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    today is a dd for me too. we had roasted chinese duck last night and my face is all puffy from the sodium.

Puffiness that doesn't go away within a few hours after drinking extra water may be a result of a sensitivity. I went out with my mother and a friend of hers to a Chinese buffet. The other woman complained that she would swell up and stay that way for days after eating the salty food at the buffet. She ate mostly fish and shellfish. I suspect she was sensitive.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    oh, i am most definitely sensitive to sodium. i had sushi for lunch, so it was a double-whammy kinda day that i almost never do.

your mother's friend exposed herself to god-only-knows-what, including msg and cornstarch, at that buffet.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

tomi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    today is down day for me and I'm meeting a friend for lunch at Applebees. I plan to order the Chicken Tortilla Soup with the house salad, dressing on the side. I'll ask for the salad to be put in a to-go container, and eat that for dinner tonight. Hubby and I may be going fishing when he gets off work so maybe I'll pick up a salad for him too.

I'm REALLY hungry and am looking forward to lunch

I also don't understand why anyone would do a full on FAST on Down Day - when according to protocol you can have 500 or so calories and still be losing weight. I couldn't sustain this plan for long if I had to completely fast every other day. That would too hard!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Page 10 of 154 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast