Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CrossFitters--Need Gear Advice! page 2

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Inov-8s. Lots of people have those and love them for Crossfit.

JimmyDamage is offline Senior Member
    As stated before, grip strength will come with time. However if you think it is a true weakness and is holding you back you might want to put some extra work into it. Grip strength is absolutly key when you start getting lots of reps of pullups, toes to bars, deads ect.

One thing I'll do from time to time is crab grip some plates and do a farmers walk. What this means is you hold the plates from the top with your thumb on one side and all four fingers on the other, not through the hole in the plate. Do a few sets where you carry them down and back your gym. Use whatever weights you can, 10s 25s 35s or 45s!

diene is offline Senior Member
    I just went to the store and tried on a bunch of shoes. I ended up going with the Merrells because they were really light weight but offered a bit of arch support. But I was really torn between them and the New Balance Minimus. Even now I'm sitting here wondering if I should go back and exchange the Merrells for the New Balance.

mikewootini is offline Senior Member
    I have the minimus and merrels. I through the merrels in the trunk of the car and only use them when there is a shoe emergency. I don't like the 'arch' support like thing. I don't like the too loose front, I love the minimus though. It's my daily shoe to avoid weird toe stares at work. I tend to work out in vibrams 5 fingers, but do use my innovates sometimes. I also have some VIVOBAREFOOT | The original barefoot shoe | Barefoot Running | Barefoot Shoes | Home for dress shoes and the airport and I have to say they are possibly the most comfortable barefoot shoe I've ever worn.
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    I also recommend the Minimus's I have 2 pairs and I love them. I wear them to work too since I'm on my feet all day. And the Rogue HG collars make life easier as well as strength wraps they really help my wrists on OHS.

I kept the Merrells. We did 400-meter sprints last night, and I loved them. I think I might start wearing them on my shorter runs.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Things I keep in my bag:

Wrist wraps.
    Knee high socks.
    Weight lifting gloves.
    Cable jump rope.
    In the winter... wool hat.
    In the summer... rockin' the 80s sweat headband.

I use my wrist wraps almost every day. Mine are from Walmart though, not Rogue. So I think they were $7. I use my gloves for high rep barbell days and sometimes T2B and pull ups. Oh, and I always use both for kettle bell classes.

The knee high socks are for high rep dead lifts and rope climbs. Although my rope climb form must be wrong because I have never not been bleeding from my right shin by the time I'm done.

Also, do some youtube searches about callus maintenance for your hands. Depending on your background if you jump right in to lots of pull ups, toes to bar your hands may tear.

Have fun!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    To help keep my callouses from getting too thick, I sandpaper 'em. Some people clip or cut them off, but I find it's easier to just use a small piece of sandpaper once a week or so.

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    I wear New Balance Minimus shoes with the Vibram soles, love them. Joesnewbalanceoutlet.com (I know it sounds vaguely shady, but legit and great prices) has a great sale going on right now through the end of the month, I'm going to snag a new pair (or two!).

Just got an RX jumprope, haven't broken it in yet but everyone at my gym who has one swears by them. Double-unders or bust! They have lots of fun colored handles and ropes that you can mix and match, and new ropes are less than $10.

I don't use much else, but those grips looks mighty interesting, I may have to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    I wear New Balance Minimus shoes with the Vibram soles, love them. Joesnewbalanceoutlet.com (I know it sounds vaguely shady, but legit and great prices) has a great sale going on right now through the end of the month, I'm going to snag a new pair (or two!).
    Wow! Those really are great prices! I think I'm going to buy a pair too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast