Thread: Do statins create a weight stall?

Do statins create a weight stall?

Shop Now
    Hi, I've been following the Primal lifestyle since July. I am on 40mg. of statins due to a heart attack 2 years ago. For one month in the Fall, I stopped taking my statins (my choice) and I lost 20 lbs. My cardiologist had a fit due to high LDL and I'm back on the statins again. I have not lost any weight since. My doctor tentatively agreed to decrease my statins if I lose 30 lbs. (weight- 170 lbs. 5', 64 yr. old female). If the drugs are stalling my weight loss, is there anything I can do? I am taking COQ10 and many other supplements, I started a liver cleanse, but no lost inches or weight yet. My carbs are under 100 per day, and I walk a mile each day. I would appreciate any suggestions for weight loss as this is important for my health. I have managed to control my diabetes Type 2 since adopting the Primal lifestyle. Losing weight will greatly improve my heart health.

Shop Now
    There is no advantage to women from taking statins, and the risks are real. Perhaps what you need is a doctor who is up on the research.

HEALTHY DIETS AND SCIENCE: Statins Side Effects