Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ginger cat did not survive motor vehicle hit to head. page

Jencossy is offline Member

Ginger cat did not survive motor vehicle hit to head.

I know this is not primal but I'm grieving for my wee ginger cat Charlie who wasn't even 3yrs old who got head injuries after being clipped by a car last night.
    People say cats should be kept indoors because the modern world is unsafe for them. Charlie loved the great outdoors, he loved to stretch and bound and leap and climb tall things. To deprive him of that would have been cruel. RIP Charlie - you lived a full and fast life - it was too short.
    :-(

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    I am so sorry for your loss....losing a pet is very traumatic. I too have cats that are outdoorsy and they love it. I feel your pain as I have lost many an animals over the years, mostly old age, but I too had a cat that was clipped by a car, she survived, it was still painful, they are like my furry babies. I hope that you remember the wonderful memories and the comfort he gave you over those three years. I know that he will never be replaced, but I believe the heart has room for more to love and take care of, there are so many that need loving homes. Take care, time does heal.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Jencossy is offline Member
    Thanks Goinggrok and Dragonfly.

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss I know how tough it is to lose a pet unexpectedly. After all, many of us feel like they are just as much a part of the family as children. I hope the memories you have of him will offer you some comfort during this tough time

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I'd say he lived more in those three years being an outdoorsy little guy than any indoor cat that never gets to smell all the smells the world has to offer. My family lives in the TX hill country and has lost many a cat at an even earlier age, and there's nothing modern to do with how they left us. We even tried to keep some of them indoors...they wouldn't have it!

I'm sorry you had to see him in that state. Being able to say goodbye is a blessing and a curse. Clearly he was loved, you sound like a good cat mama.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    So sorry. Losing a pet is a tough thing to deal with and takes a while to get over.
    I'm sure Charlie was blessed to have had you.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh hugs to you. Your story brought back memories of losing our 3 year old Ginga - called Charles, hit by a car the day before we moved off farm in '07. So sad. Lots of hugs from the other side of the world
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

RuthGV is offline Junior Member
    He was a great little guy and we loved him very much. Thank you all for your kind words. We miss him lots...

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm so sorry for your loss. We've lost many of our beloved kitties to coyotes, so now we only adopt "the unadoptable" cats here in Tahoe--the elderly and the infirm kitties. Our last one we adopted when she was turned in at 17 years old with cancer: she loved the sun on the deck and was as housebound as she liked. We now have a 16 year old who chooses only the sun on the deck as well.
    It never gets easier.
    love to Ginger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast