Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach/digestive gurgling page

gunnerbee is offline Junior Member

Stomach/digestive gurgling

Primal Fuel
    My husband and I have gone to a primal diet for 1 month now. We have both noticed a lot of stomach gurgling, its not painful and its not like stomach growling when you're hungry. Its just gurgling. Whats up? I read in Practical paleo that gurgling is a sign of disrupted digestion, but I can't find much else on it.

Thoughts?

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    I am glad you asked this question, I too have a very gurgle-ly stomach. Even when I wake up, it can be doing it. I am not hungry either, but boy can it make quite the ruckus. Any thoughts would be interesting

nburgraff is offline Member
    your stomach is telling you that it's happy for eating this way

Are you serious or messing with me?!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    How do you feel otherwise? Are you eating things that are new to you (esp. coconut products)? How does your digestion seem, in terms of stomach comfort, bloating, and bathroom habits?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Well, this past week I have been bone tired - but I also have a sore throat and the pollen count is crazy here, so I'm thinking that it may be allergies and or slight illness.
    Yes, we are eating a lot more coconut than before- cooking w/ coconut oil.
    Otherwise, prior to this month I had frequent loose bm and other IBS symptoms, bloating after eating, heartburn. Since we changed our food bm has become less frequent, no bloating, less painful in general.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Are you eating a lot of potatoes? I find that a few ounces with a meal don't affect me, but if I eat 8-12oz of sweet potato for breakfast or white potato for lunch, which I do now and then, I am annoyingly gurgly.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    not everybody tolerates copious amounts of coconut oil right away. cut back to just a tablespoon per day and sub other fats for now. see if that helps.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

nburgraff is offline Member
    sorry, I wasn't messing with you. The unprocessed foods that come from the primal diet are in their whole form which takes a little more for the digestive system to break down. The digestive system also need to adjust the "juices" needed for digestion of a diet with different composition. (like how it needs to produce more gastric lipase for increased fat intake).

So when I said that it was happy, i was just referring to the fact that you were eating unprocessed foods which are good for your body and it was making noises. Nothing to worry about.

hopefully the primal change is going great otherwise!!!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    The gurgling or rumbling is an unhappy stomach that's having trouble digesting, which could be caused by many different things. How about giving us an average day's food, and the macronutrients percentages. Your sore throat sounds like a virus infection. That would not (necessarily) cause the rumbling, though. The rumbling is from the digestive process. Also please give us a complete list of all difficulties, like IBS.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-26-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast