Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal "Oatmeal" - RESULT!!! page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Primal "Oatmeal" - RESULT!!!

Shop Now
    It finally struck me how to make a grain-free oatmeal equivalent. And it's GOOD! I've been craving something hot and nourishing in the mornings and this really hit the spot.

- Mash one banana
    - Add a bunch of frozen mixed berries
    - Heat in microwave til the berries get juicy
    - Crack in an egg. Mix through.
    - Heat for another 30 - 60 seconds.
    - Insert appropriate yumminess (I added cinnamon and manuka honey)
    - ENJOY!

We could call it Primmeal.
    486670303452900278_2gyxYuDQ.jpg
    Last edited by YogaBare; 03-25-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Chanda is offline Member
    Is it mushy? Sounds different and interesting.

Fantazmic is offline Member
    Wow Yogabare I have to try it

I eat wierd as well....due to all my food intolerances....so many things i cant have....that sounds wicked !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chanda View Post
    Is it mushy? Sounds different and interesting.
    Managed to upload the pic

It has a really similar consistency to oatmeal! The banana gives it weight, the egg makes it frothy, and the berries add flavour and juice
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazmic View Post
    Wow Yogabare I have to try it

I eat wierd as well....due to all my food intolerances....so many things i cant have....that sounds wicked !!
    Let me know if you try it! I was really starting to miss hot food in the morning... I am sooo sick of fried eggs!! This is a great one to add the arsenal.

- Ray Peat

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I usually make banana with egg white souffles this way in individual baking dishes, family loves them. Sweet potato or any other baked and pureed root veggie works great as well.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I tried it, used 2 bananas 1 egg, had no berries. Added cinnamon and a little dark chocolate. Tasted great!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Sounds so delicious, except...raw egg? I just don't know if I could do that. Can you taste it?

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I usually make banana with egg white souffles this way in individual baking dishes, family loves them. Sweet potato or any other baked and pureed root veggie works great as well.
    Sounds amazing Someone suggested a hot smoothie to me on another thread:
    by blending bananas and pumpkin puree with some hot milk, then add some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and/or some cocoa powder.
    Your souffle reminded me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    I tried it, used 2 bananas 1 egg, had no berries. Added cinnamon and a little dark chocolate. Tasted great!
    Whoop! Success

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Sounds so delicious, except...raw egg? I just don't know if I could do that. Can you taste it?
    The egg cooks in the microwave, so it's not raw And no, with all the honey, berries, banana and cinnamon in there, I defo couldnt taste it The egg just gives the dish a fluffy, oatmealy texture.

- Ray Peat

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Yogabare, for easing my mind!
    I'm going to try this!! I miss oatmeal, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast