Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal "Oatmeal" - RESULT!!! page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Before I gave up nuts, I used to make this recipe sometimes. It is insanely delicious and is a lot like oatmeal. Can be eaten warm or cold, but I actually preferred it cold.

1. Meat and liquid from 2 fresh, young coconuts
    2. 2-3 cups of soaked almonds
    3. 2 apples, cut into pieces
    4. 5 figs
    5. cinnamon and/or nutmeg to taste

Blend together until the consistency of oatmeal. It keeps in the fridge for at least a week.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm sitting here with a bowlful of Primmeal/Paleoatmeal.
    And it's delicious!

See, today's been a terrible day. You know how some people get carb flu when transitioning? I don't get that. Instead, I'm constipated for a week, and then comes a day or so of diarrhea. Lovely, I know.
    Anyway, I think I'm finally finished with the bathroom, but I was feeling so low, I ate a few things I shouldn't have.
    So I made this, and it's awesome.
    Thanks so much for sharing it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Before I gave up nuts, I used to make this recipe sometimes. It is insanely delicious and is a lot like oatmeal. Can be eaten warm or cold, but I actually preferred it cold.

1. Meat and liquid from 2 fresh, young coconuts
    2. 2-3 cups of soaked almonds
    3. 2 apples, cut into pieces
    4. 5 figs
    5. cinnamon and/or nutmeg to taste

Blend together until the consistency of oatmeal. It keeps in the fridge for at least a week.
    That sounds amazing! I've gotten my mum off gluten and she's struggling for breakfast options so going to try this with her tomorrow Thanks!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Well, I'm sitting here with a bowlful of Primmeal/Paleoatmeal.
    And it's delicious!

See, today's been a terrible day. You know how some people get carb flu when transitioning? I don't get that. Instead, I'm constipated for a week, and then comes a day or so of diarrhea. Lovely, I know.
    Anyway, I think I'm finally finished with the bathroom, but I was feeling so low, I ate a few things I shouldn't have.
    So I made this, and it's awesome.
    Thanks so much for sharing it.
    So glad you like it! I really missed the warming nature of oatmeal and this just hits the spot. Plus it's so versatile - you can make it with any fruit and the flavour is new. I'm going to try it savoury next
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    What about Paleoatmeal? lol, idk. Sounds great though! If I were to make this, I'd maybe use some coconut flakes and/or some nut butter, too!

One thing, though. I don't own a microwave... How long do you think I should cook it on the stove? Till its all bubbly?
    Coconut flakes would be amazing... Lmk how that tastes.

It doesn't need long to cook - once it starts to bubble should be sufficient.

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12